What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by DarkOne, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

In the past few weeks I've read two books in Polish: Stanisław Lem's Solaris (an absolutely brilliant and incredibly unique, even if at times very hard to understand, sci-fi novel that really puts the "science" in "science-fiction") and Andrzej Sapkowski's Sezon burz (the most recent Wiedźmin novel, still starring Geralt as the protagonist but set before the saga about Ciri... what can I say, Sapkowski is still a great writer).

I've also read some Tolstoy, but in English (Death of Ivan Ilyich and a number of his other short stories). Interesting stuff, I should check out some more of his work.

2. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Also Sprach Zarathustra.

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I've gotten round to reading the revenant and, my god, the book is amazing. It's so detailed yet so easy to read although I can't watch the film now because I cannot picture dicaprio as hugh glass, Hardy as fitzgerald works but not dicaprio.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've heard the movie wasn't that good anyway.. :p

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

From my experiences, I've learned that it is best to watch the movie first, read the book afterward, and never watch the movie ever again. o_O That way, you can have the best of both worlds and not really have either form, of the story, really ruined for you. Most likely, the book is going to be better than the film; so, if you were to read the book first and then watch the movie, you'll most likely be disappointed. The other way around, it can, most of the time, only get better by reading the book last. Try it next time ;)

6. Sonicmess

Sonicmess Member
    Regular

I am reading Light Novels, my favorite is Tales of Demons and Gods.

7. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

At the moment I'm not reading anything but plan on reading some horror anthologies in the future.