Quantcast

What are you most excited about?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Yup, that's what I'm expecting too. Just a game that feels good to play. I hope they've focused on the gameplay mechanics quite a bit, like the shooting for instance, a thing that you'll do a lot in this game.

2. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I do expect lots of shooting, but I also expect some stealth and tactics aspects in there as well. There's not much a game can do to make the third person shooter genre revolutionary IMO, but those little things can make a difference.

3. igasmurfa

igasmurfa Member Regular

As shallow as it sounds, the graphics are really catching my eye. Plus, a lot of Tom Clancy inspired games have a decent storyline behind them.

4. d'arakh

Well, yeah, that's because Tom Clancy's a genius. Have you read something from him? I'm a sucker for his stuff, he wrote spy novels during the Cold War.

5. Ishmael

Are the games actually written by him though? I mean, I know the older games were, like the first Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games. But stuff like The Division or Rainbow Six Siege I don't really think so.

6. d'arakh

Unfortunately, Tom Clancy died in 2013, but even before that a lot of games were ghost written. I can't remember exactly how the deal was set up, so I can't tell you more about that. There's a certain aura around a game which has "Tom Clancy's" around it.

7. igasmurfa

igasmurfa Member Regular

Yeah, that's why I was saying "inspired". Maybe aspects of the game were taken from his work, or simply his name is attached to the product line and not the product itself.

8. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer aspects of the game the most. My friends and I are always looking for our next fix, and the Division looks like just the game for us. I can't wait for us to squad up and take on the objectives in the Dark Zone. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up going rogue and trying our best to fare against the other players. I can't wait to experiment with the possibilities the customizable skill sets will offer, as well as the what kind of story and plot we will experience.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  9. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

The gameplay. A squad based tactical shooter sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. I also like that they're throwing RPG elements into the mix. I look forward to kicking back with 3 good friends for a relaxing night of tactical combat against another team of players. I really like the Dark Zone, and I hope it doesn't devolve into a massive backstabbing FFA, but I think that could be fun as well.

10. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I'm honestly looking forward to doing a bit of the lone wolf and just exploring the sights. The graphics on this game are amazing, it'll be fun to just walk around and check everything out!

11. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Personally, I'd also have to say story. I'm not much of an open world person (Skyrim couldn't keep me interested) because I think there's just TOO much to do. I like a story thick game, something I can get immersed into and can practically become the character. It's something that a lot of games seem to be lacking lately.

12. Cyborg Superman

The focus seems to be towards open-world exploration, letting you craft your own narrative. The new Hitman game coming out next year has done the same and gone back to Blood Money type game play, where it's just a large open-world and you kind of make your story as you kill your targets. I think the Division will be somewhere in the middle... There's a strong premise and missions, but I think a lot of the "story" will happen in the Dark Zone against other players.

13. Maelalove

Oh man, that makes me kind of antsy. I mean I don't mind open world against other players entirely, I just like at least having a strong story option that gives me a clearer path(unlike Skyrim for me). If it's similar to Fable 1, where you had your story line but could still kinda venture off for random things and little tid bits and stuff like that, I don't mind it. Plus, this is a multiplayer game so of course there's going to be enough open world to have the multiplayer aspect to it. I mean, what kind of apocalypse game would it be if you felt safe and secure against other humans..
    Now I'm just worried it's going to go a little farther than I'd prefer..

14. Cyborg Superman

I'm sure there will be some kind of narrative, it just seems like there's a lot of focus on the Dark Zone and the PvP aspect of the game, which is hard to build a story around other than a general outline.

15. igasmurfa

igasmurfa Member Regular

But those PVP aspects do seem like I could waste most of the day away playing!

16. Ishmael

It makes me think of how in games like Dark Souls even after playing the entire adventure people stuck with it because they wanted to play coop and PVP with other people. The Division will probably be the same, with users helping people who are new with the game and others who just want to play competitively. :D

17. Maelalove

Well there has to be at least a small part narrative. Well, perhaps. I get what you're saying, though, that there's a lot of focus on the Dark Zone. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it would be, especially in a world like this. I just don't want it to end up boring me. The only way I can stick to a mostly PvP game, is usually the characters have to be built REALLY well, to the point that I'm not going to get bored so quickly of it. I'm worried.

18. Cyborg Superman

I hear ya... For me, Call of Duty MP got boring after a while because there was no story other than spawn > kill (or be killed, mostly be killed for me) > respawn... Rinse, repeat. There was no other story other than straight up shooting each other. I'm worried that once they've setup the premise, that's all The Division MP will become. I guess we will wait and see.

19. Maelalove

I have the same trouble with CS:GO right now. I have quite a few friends that begged me to get it and play with them, and I finally did, and basically all it is is shooting. There's no story or anything(not that I've discovered, I guess I could have missed something along the way). At this point i don't even play it because of it. I want a game that's more than just pointing a gun.

20. Cyborg Superman

Shooting games can be fun and a good stress reliever but I'm with you where it just gets tiresome after a while. You can have new maps and new weapons but ultimately (because I suck) I just get into a cycle when I'm doing the same thing over and over again (die, lol).