What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Personally thought the story for ODST was quite good and atmospheric like you said and it was a good idea but the gameplay was terrible compared to the other Halos.

Halo 3 had good multiplayer but I definitely prefer the campaign on Halo 2 and Halo Reach. I've never played Halo:CE all the way through but it's definitely one of the best Halo games out there.
    Halo wars is terrible compared to other real time strategy games.

I want Halo 4 but i'm not desperate for it.
    From what I have seen of the armour it looks pretty terrible too compared to the armour you can get from Halo reach for example.

2. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

My friends say that the multiplayer for halo 4 is like a rip off of COD.

3. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

metro 2033 on ranger hardcore halo 3 halo 3 odst halo 4 the elder scolls oblivion fallout 3 fallout new vegas the elder scolls skyrim

4. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Just finished a replay of super mario rpg. THE best game EVER

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 is installing my PC as I'm writing this. I can't wait :D Anyone tried it out?

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I haven't, but I have the previous one. Have you played the first one? I thought it had a very good story and characters, with fun (although problematic) gameplay. Please tell us what II is like after you play it. :)

7. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

its pretty good limbs go flying for one thing and you help the rebels out

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

I laughed at the fact that I can throw stormtroopers at huge fans and thereby cut their heads off :lol:
    But seriously, this game is awesome for people who wants action. At the very first part, you already have powerful powers and two lightsabers.

I liked Jedi Academy where there was a lot of focus on the story, and you start as a Padawan, and just upgrade and get better and better.

In Force Unleashed, you have it all immediately and can go bananas everywhere. On easy, it's not a challenging game at all. You can just lolrun around and throw stuff here and there. Pretty awesome for a player who isn't picky :)

9. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

It's absolute garbage compared to the original, I can't even begin to explain my rage after I completed the singleplayer campaign in two hours. And I paid full price for it, too. :mad:

The first one though... man, that was a great game. The story and cutscenes were top-notch. While I'm not a supporter of the lightsaber being a "glowing baseball bat", the awesome combo moves more than made up for the issue.

10. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Killzone marathon for Cerberus. Carried through to the end and got a shiny platinum trophy for Killzone HD a few days ago. Glad that's over with. Still playing Liberation on PSP, trying to get those last five gold medals on the Chapter 5 challenges.
    Started a fresh playthrough of Killzone 2 right after earning the platinum for the first game. I'm at Visary Palace on Normal difficulty (HUD, crosshairs & hints off for total immersion) as I can't even get through the last wave of baddies just before the battle with Radec on Veteran and have been stuck there since forever. I won't even bother attempting the Elite run. Killzone 2 is the only game in the series, and one of the few games in general, that I won't be able to finish on the hardest difficulty setting because I keep getting my arse handed to me.
    Concluding the marathon is of course Killzone 3, which I did beat on Elite last year, but because I'm playing through these games for my own shits & giggles, Normal difficulty will do.

After that it's time to check out Lucius (PC) and finally buy the Batman: Arkham City - GOTY Edition for xbox 360.

#130 cerberus, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  11. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

right now second play-through of Assassin's Creed III. I like to play it the first time mainly to get to grips with it and for the main story-line. once that's done, second play-through to really discover everything, and with this game, imho, sod the main story-line, too many things to do! I'm having to much fun doing all the side quest!

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Finished Resistance 3 some time ago, started playing Red Dead Revolver on the PS2. Now I've stopped though, since I started reading К свету and went back to writing my own novel. Will probably get back to the old RDR sometime next week, or maybe even this weekend.

13. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Bought the xbox version of Obscure, against my better judgement because I just got rid of the ps2 version and its sequel a few months ago due to them being, well, shite. Thought this version would offer a better gameplay experience and it does, to a certain extent (improved controller response, faster loading times and better graphics & lighting). However, this is still one of the worst survival horror games I have ever had the misfortune of playing. I can forgive the unlikable characters, the retard baby puzzles and cumbersome control scheme. I'm fully aware that this was marketed as a co-op focussed would-be survival horror game but when one is given the option to play the game in single player, the A.I. should at least be competent given the fact that it journeys with the player almost constantly. Alas it isn't and it's game breaking.
    This issue could be remedied by bringing in a human player with the simple press of the start button on a second controller but, again, the game should be playable in single player since it has been made available.

Then there's the horrendous real-time item management: holding down the X or B buttons + d-pad allows you to select the needed items or weapons respectively. This wouldn't be such a problem if one could move and not stand there, nailed to the floor like a mongoloid that can't process the thought of having to perform two simple tasks simultaneously. So, not only do I have to worry about the A.I. mule not leaping to its death but I have to manage its weapons as well. Blimey!

Other than that, creatures barely react to the damage they're being dealt making it almost impossible to tell when or if they're taking actual damage. In other words: combat feels very unsatisfying.

Of course there are positive aspects of this game so I saved them for last: wonderfully campy story, some nice & juicy gore and a phenomenal OST composed by Olivier Derivière (both soundtracks can be downloaded for free from his official website here).

Regardless, Obscure is a 2004 game and five years later a triple A game called Resident Evil 5 even failed to nail the formula. In short: co-op focussed pseudo-horror games need to fuck off. Badly.

#134 cerberus, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  14. VanillaToshi

Homefront.

Only played campaign so far, same ol' macho crap but I like the general theme of the game. It's pretty dark (which I like) The game starts off with a lot of executions and an early mission has mass graves ha...

Hate the way your guy moves and the health system. But the guns feel powerful (Although there seems to be no recoil) the story seems alright aswell but we'll have to see when I complete it. I'll also let you know about the online when I play it.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

planning on getting Diablo 2 playyed it a lot before so much better than 3

16. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I have homefront and the game isn't bad at all. The multiplayer is pretty fun too. Unique take on the multiplayer but could have been better. That is why the same developer isn't making homefront 2.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Really? I always find that no recoil in any shooter really annoying, until I get used to it after a few hours of play. Still, the lack of it often removes any sense of power for me.

18. VanillaToshi

I'm usually the same but I can't seem to explain Homefront although i'll try.

It seems like the gun has recoil but when you aim and shoot the gun still stays fairly central but the sounds and controller vibration and the sounds when you hit people make it seem pretty brutal.

Unfortunately I can't play the multiplayer because i'm borrowing it off my friend and you need an online pass.

19. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing Tom Clancy's EndWar. Decent RTS, awesome units, although the "rock-paper-scissors" balance of units is completely thrown off by the powers you can use. Ex. tanks normally beat transports, but when my tanks encounter a platoon of transports and begin their assault, the other commander will just call in a super high-level airstrike and kill my units, because they've invested so much money into their battalion.

Rant-mode off.