What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hey man, what's going on? I don't think we've met before, as I probably joined shortly after you left, but I do remember when you were around since I use to roam the forums without being an official member. So welcome back, man :D. Good to have an old member back.

So what do you think of battlefield 1? I been wanting to get, but decided to hold off because of the price. Is it worth it?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Heeeey! :D Great to see you here, I remember you from the roleplay back when I used to take part as well. And yeah, we are really inactive most days, but we still have a few really dedicated users checking in every now and then which keeps this place alive. :)

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

nuclear, battlefield 1 is excellent, it's campaign is short but exceptionally well told and the graphics of the faces are past the uncanny valley, they look so realistic

4. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Awesome! Yeah, I'm still debating, but it looks so fricken delicious :wacko: I still got some time before the "Origin Game Sale" ends tho. I'd be cool if we all got it and played together online.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hey man, welcome back! :D Are you sure you haven't been here for the last three years? Cus I remember you clearly, and I'm pretty sure my memory doesn't span that far :wacko:

If you like the Battlefield games, I advise you to get it. If you're like me; don't know how battlefield works and just jumps into it and don't know what the F is going in, don't get it :sad:

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I made up my mind and I'm going to buy it. Only problem is that I can't log into the Orgin Website and purchase the damn game :rant: I've been getting an error that says

"Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Does this happen to anyone else here? I looked up the problem and only found solutions for when logging onto Orgin for online gameplay....not really logging on to the website for purchases. I’m also planning on getting Star Wars Battlefront. I just watched the new Star Wars movie and it kicks a ton of ass. The people I watched it with all thought it was boring, tho. I went with some family members instead of my friend from out of town (he doesn’t come in for another 2-weeks). IDK, I thought it was really good.

Also, Skaara, I got the game Chivalry. I remember you mentioning it, countless times, that you are a big fan. We should play sometime when I install it....and that goes for everyone else....and with any game too ;)

7. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Well worth a purchase nuclear waste, it can be a pretty intense fps if ya get into it. I just like all the capes and greatcoats flapping around in the chaos haha if I was gonna give you one tip for bf1 multiplayer, PLAY THE OBJECTIVE! Its so stressful when the enemy got the upper hand n your team just allowing it happen by camping on a hill with crap sniper skills rather than storming the objective.

Also anyone here play ark survival on Xbox one? Would be nice to tribe up with someone

#1127 VanillaToshi, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
  8. Skaara Dreadlocks

YESSS- wait, let me use a meme for once.
    [YOUTUBE]P3ALwKeSEYs[/YOUTUBE]
    I can teach you some great dancemoves ;) We should start duelling, I can teach you basic moves to begin with and then hone your skills by teaching you more advanced moves that you otherwise would have had to learn by experience and a lot of rage :)
    One thing that could prove to be a problem, though, is our distance because of timezone and mainly because of ping; timing is everything in this game, so the slightest lag can ruin it immensely. European players and American players are usually on separate servers because of this, it's just unplayable with any lag at all. I have a friend from Canada that I've played a bit with, but I've never been entirely sure if he had lagged or not. I think it went rather smooth.

I always try to play the objective, but I just get so lost in the all-out-war that sometimes it's not really clear to me what the objective even is, or where it is. :noidea:

As for Ark, I've seen some friends playing it and it does look interesting, I just haven't got the time for gaming recently.

9. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

Divinity original sin , with a friend. Its a Co-op CRPG

10. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I purchased it and am currently downloading it. It's taken me a day so far to do it :( But I managed to play a bit of the single player when it allowed me to try the campaign out at 39%...and dang, it was awesome :shocked:

Yeah, that bothers me too. Thankfully, I consider my self a one-man-army and manage to turn the tides with a bit of work (at least I was able to in bad company 2 :p). Hey, do you have it on xbox1? Maybe we will be able to play with each other if Microsoft allows cross-matching between pc and xbox. I'm not sure if that works TBH.

I finally got the game downloaded. I've been playing it and it's a lot of fun. My go-to-class is "Man at Arms" with a quarter-staff. I swing that shit like crazy and it makes me feel like a karate bow-staff master :p I suck playing as anything else tho. And my favorite game mode is "free-for-all." I just love the arena maps dude. Kicking somebody into a wall of spikes is so exhilarating.

MY TIME

#1130 NuclearWastE3, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  11. Skaara Dreadlocks

FFA can be a lot of fun indeed, with all the chaos, and I really like competing for first place :D But in the long run, it gets boring for your only objective to be to kill people, so I mostly play Team Objective. It gives a purpose to all the killing, and a secondary goal besides all the killing :p Though duelling is something I do now and then to more intensively hone my 1 on 1 skills, and then I use that in TO later :)

Apparently you're five hours ahead of me. So when I get home from work at 4PM, at best, it'd be 9PM where you live, that wouldn't work very well. Maybe we could play some weekends though :)

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Too bad it's rare to come by (at least from what I've seen) because a second opponent will usually step in to gang up on you. Unless, of course, you choose a dedicated server which focuses on 1v1.

Sounds good. My work schedule will be able to handle it. I work every other day with some added breaks in between; maybe I'll send you a pic of my schedule so we can plan ahead.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice, do that! :D
    It is indeed rare to come by; people will try to take out anyone in their way of reaching the objective, and try to get as many kills as possible at the same time, even if that one enemy is already surrounded by five of their teammates trying to chop him down. And there aren't any dedicated 1v1 servers with any other mode than duelling.

It does happen though, usually when you meet higher-ranked players with some flashy armor, that he stops to let you finish your 1vs1 before he jumps in afterwards :p But even though that usually doesn't happen, honing your fencing skills in duels before playing TO or any other mode, is very useful and effective. When you manage to use those skills on several enemies simultaneously, that's when you can call yourself a skilled player :D

14. TheDarknessEnvelops

I've started playing warthunder. I know the horror stories surrounding gaijin's communications with its player base but my weakness is a damage based health system

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I played a bit of War Thunder back when it was in Early Access (Wasn't it?). I enjoyed it for a little while but all in all I'm not a big fan of dogfight games.

Just finished The Last Of Us :(
    Back when it was released, I watched FrankieOnPcIn1080P's complete playthrough of over 13 hours of it, in one day, non-stop. He's such a good youtuber, and the story was just so compelling, that it was simply amazing to watch from start 'till end, like a loooooong movie. That reminds me about those rumors about a The Last Of Us Movie.... I hope they're true.

I'm borrowing a PS3 from a friend of mine who's got a PS4 now, so I finally got to play it. Dat ending tho, I'd almost forgotten how it panned out :sad:

Next up: Uncharted 3 and perhaps Red Dead Redemption! :D But first... Battlefront 3's DLC that I just bought! :thumb:

16. TheDarknessEnvelops

Warthunder's got tanks as well now, not just aircraft

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter recently and enjoyed it very much. Can easily recommend it as one of those short but incredibly sweet indies that are worth a try.

18. [YOUTUBE]Ut4bYdnnc7s[/YOUTUBE]

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Recommended videos on the side: "How to live your life after an amputation. Live life, stay positive vibes only! Amputee Doll". Kinda appropriate, when you think about it? :lol:

20. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm doing another playthrough of Papers, Please