What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Spinning with strangers in Journey is fantastic. :)

2. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Lately I've been playing nothing but tons of Fallout 4, with a little bit of Skyrim here and there.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

And i am back in Dark souls 2. Man the bosses are not very good

4. Well, I got this thing recently:

[YOUTUBE]P2j4B-GCxgc[/YOUTUBE]

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Next thing you know, they're shooting kittens and flowers at each other :laugh:

That gun looks really satisfying though.

6. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Re-Run of Metro 2033 Redux over and over again.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Finished Enemy Front today - perhaps the first CI Games product that is actually decent and not mediocre, but it still got panned by critics for some reason. Perhaps it was much worse at launch, however it plays quite well today. Anyway, I enjoyed it for what it was and I'm happy that this studio has finally made some fucking progress. Posted a review of the game on Steam if anyone is interested in giving it a go.

8. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Currently playing Halo Wars 2 beta, really good.

9. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Started a new game of Metal Gear Solid V today. Haven't played for a long time so it's nice and fresh again (kinda).

Also trying to get myself into The Witcher 3 since the B&W DLC released, and I haven't even come close to finishing the base game yet since I got the game. But the game just doesn't hook me in for very long.

10. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

playing some red orchestra 2. One of the best fps games I've played

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Do I have you on Steam? I've put over 300 hours into that game, so I'm almost always up for a match or two. Let me know whenever you wanna play together.

12. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I don't know, if your name is bamul on steam, I guess not

13. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

playing the ol' starcraft 2 and new vegas

14. TotalAaron

Edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf edf

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Earth Defence Defense Force?

16. TotalAaron

4.1 is on steam! and it is great!

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Finished Life is Strange - took me around 22 hours in total (played it at a leisurely pace and took in all the awesome moments of ambience), which makes me surprised that some people spent like 14 hours on it. A few days ago, the first episode was made for free forever, so you can try it out and then decide if you want to buy the rest.

I highly recommend it, LiS is a fairly unconventional game about everyday experiences and social issues (despite the supernatural element, which actually works quite well), and that seems to resonate with many people who play it. It's hard not to relate to many of the characters in the game in one way or another if you've been a teenager sometime between the 1990s and the 2010s.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

It sounds awfully good - I really do like storydriven games with a lot of cutscenes and narrative, but I'm more into all kind of genres that stray far from reality; I stay away from series/movies/games that are based in the real world like Crime-series, reality-shows, truck simulators (lol) etc.

"Everyday experiences and social issues" is something I have plenty of already, and don't need more of. I suppose that's the reason you can relate so much to the characters in the game, and that makes it more interesting than sci-fi, in a way; to be able to relate to the character(s) in such a way.

Several of my Steamfriends have spoken highly of this game, so I'll check it out now that you mention it as well :)

EDIT: What I meant to say is that I do like Storydriven action-packed games, I'm not very much into telltales (Although I have to admit, I haven't really tried it out, which makes it kind of stupid of me to say I'm not into it :p)
    Would you say this is a story that worthy of remembering? Like, you'll actually remember it for quite some time?
    Lastly, I assume you used those 22 hours to complete all five episodes? (I'm actually a little interested in getting it now all of a sudden).

#1098 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, 22 hours to finish all episodes, but I was exploring all areas, taking my time (there are some parts of the game where you just wanna sit down and take in everything around you), exploring different options in dialogue, etc. I was also checking out every item and reading stuff so I could find to get as much exposition as possible. Even so, I didn't manage to take all of the optional photos.

Like I said - there is a supernatural/sci-fi element to it, which is the gameplay mechanic of rewinding time, and it is quite well implemented tbh. However, it is really mostly there for the narrative to place protagonist Max in different versions of the same situations to discover more about the people she interacts with and even create alternate realities based on changing choices made in the past to see how small actions can drastically affect history. I don't want to say too much, otherwise I'd spoil it (especially in such a story-focused game, where characters and what they go through means everything). I'd say it definitely stays with you after you're done. Many people cried during various parts of the story, others cried just at the end. I didn't at first, which made me surprised because I was still moved by it and my eyes watered a few times in parts of The Last of Us, The Walking Dead and Mass Effect 3. But like a day after completing Life is Strange I just felt numb inside and went into a mini-depression of sorts, eventually shedding two tears just thinking about it. :p

I put up a short review (just 3 paragraphs) for the game on Steam, if you're interested. It is quite spoiler-free, I'd say it doesn't reveal more than the LiS store page. And I know that some guys who play the first episode don't like it at first because it's not manly enough for them or something, but if you give the game a chance and let yourself be emotionally affected by it then you won't regret it. I'm surprised it has appealed to so many different demographics. It is a weird game though - even though clearly inspired by Telltale's format, it feels very different and has a unique atmosphere that draws more from some TV series and movies.

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, I just finished The Witcher 3's DLC: Blood & Wine, and let me just say: WOW!
    I actually sometimes took my time to go somewhere by horse and take in the ambience and the beautiful views of the landscapes and special buildings instead of fast travelling, and the side missions were pretty darn awesome as well. All in all, it took me 23 hours to complete Blood&Wine if I'm not mistaken.

I'm gonna try not to spoil anything, but I just want to say that the ending was fabulous! I ended up getting drawn into an illusion of a book or something, and I went "Oh ffs, not yet another one of those out-of-this-world endings where you have to fight weird shapes and jump through weird structures in an unexisting world -_-", but it was actually pretty neat, and so much fun that I actually literally laughed out loud. I got to ride a unicorn, step on a miniature person so she went *splat* on the ground, find a golden kettle at the end of a rainbow, and much more! :D