What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I have made a habbit of playing a AC game every 26th of december since the first one came out, i stopped when unity came out and i no longer have any interest

My list of best to worst is

AC2
    AC brotherhood
    AC revelations (Last bit is amazeballs)
    AC
    AC black flag
    AC Rouge
    AC 3
    AC india/russia/whatever
    the vita games

Anyway i have been playing a arma 3 mission i made in the editor

It starts off with a hostage rescue, Russian FSB troops have to rescue the surfer from the hotel Sahrani,

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Huh, you can actually manage to make missions decently? I tried, but it was rather difficult as I understood that you more or less have to know commands/codes for most functions, which I don't. My friend has made a mission or two so far in the 3D editor. Although they weren't very good, at least it seemed like he managed to use most functions properly and so forth.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I can't stop playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 online. Is there any purpose to playing through a single-playing campaign anymore? (rhetorical question). I've been trying to play SP games lately, but I can only go so far into them before I stop and abandoned them. I have, like, 10 games that I've started but can't finish. This is sad :(

#1063 NuclearWastE3, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
  4. TotalAaron

I was like that then i bought

[​IMG]

It took me 30 hours to beat and was a blast from start to finish, and it emulates well on PC

5. TotalAaron

I cannot use scripts for the life of me, so i make simple Seek and destroy missions over a set number of areas, and throw in some surprises here and there.

The best mission i have made is a simple town attack that gets bogged down by increasing levels of OPFOR fire until three green flares are launched and the retreat is sounded, then you have to race for the shore to get onto a boat,

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haven't played anything in a while after gradually finishing all class stories in SW:TOR (BioWare put a lot of effort into making that game play unlike other MMOs even though the gameplay itself is very unoriginal).

After watching some superhero movies (new and old) and buying some comics for the first time in a long while, I really want to go back and replay X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. It was one of the first PS2 games me and my brother owned and completed in co-op (we got a PS2 like 7 or 8 years after it was released, before that we would only play them on and off at a friend's house). It was such an awesome game, I have very nostalgic feelings towards it, might have to look into emulating that as well (PS2's been broken for years); there is a PC version, but it's not available on Steam and used boxed copies of it cost half as much as a new AAA release. :(

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I'm quite sure that I commented on your post earlier, T-Aaron; but I assume the Harley herself consumed it to strengthen her evil powers.
    Anyway, yeah, I remember you had mentioned this game before. If I remember correctly, you even made one of the characters (I believe it is the one that looks like he's about to pet the kitty) as your avatar here on the forum. I might get around to trying it out (one of these day via illegal download) but I don't see it soon on the horizon. I want to finish up the games I started first before I sink deeper into the land of Unfinished Games.
    Gotta love the nostalgic feeling. I can stare off into space, for extended periods of time, thinking of past time of the similar matter. I hope you can find it and that it brings you the same amount of joy that it did when you first played through it. ;)

8. TotalAaron

I promise you man i thought it was going to be garbage and then i loved it its great

9. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I'm also playing a bit of crusader kings 2 which is so oddly exciting

10. TotalAaron

Who are you playing as? i am playing as a Nordic Deathgod of death who kills everyone he meets

11. TheDarknessEnvelops

welsh petty king who is working his way to becoming emperor of Britannia and then the world!

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Both the CK and the EU games look really interesting to me - seemingly much deeper, complex and exciting than Civ, allowing you to really forge your own stories. I've been meaning to try either of these, and I did give Crusader Kings II a go during one of the free weekends ages ago, but I just couldn't get into it. The tutorial was fucked up with code showing (actually made me more confused than I was earlier) and parts of the game were missing since the F2P weekend version didn't have any of the DLC. Then I read many user reviews, posted by hardcore fans who had spent thousands of hours on these games, complaining about the DLC and how it basically screws your game up if you don't have all of the latest crap they put out. Sounds like a really shady practice and it's a shame because I would easily give these games another go, despite the learning curve, if not for that.

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

I haven't found the dlcs to be that annoying, they have a problem that whenever they release a dlc, its new features will inevitably screw up the delicate balance of all the other features of the game but they usually fix it

14. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Saint's row IV. I can't believe how much fun i am having with this game. I have been playing this for 2 days straight with almost no break. I love it's blend of power fantasy, satire, over-the-top humor, tongue in cheek jokes and references to other popular games/franchises :laugh:

15. TotalAaron

I think because of the stupid amount of time i have put into these games it does not bother me much, it works out a bit like a mmo subscription around $10 a month, and for what i get out of it, it does not bother me one bit.

I agree the tutorials are rubbish. i end up just picking (HOI 3 here) a small nation like Tibet and learning the roles the game is trying to show, if you want a cheap way to get into the games have a go at victoria 2 it is bullshit hard at first but when you get into it it is amazing.

Anyway in my CK2 now EU4 game i am a Pan-europe Super Spain that has split into 6 super states and are now in a state of Cold war

16. TotalAaron

Enjoy the Nordic Raid train it has no brakes

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Oh yeah, if I got into the game and really liked it then I could totally live with that - especially considering how many hours I could get out of it. It's just that I don't want to commit to something I may not like, but it's hard to get into the base game without all the DLC and with the broken tutorial. :(

Recently I found my PSP that I haven't touched in years. Had to search through the house for the charger, but eventually I found it and voila... works just like new. Been playing a lot of Wipeout Pure and Tekken: Dark Resurrection on it. Ended up ordering over 5 used PSP games on Amazon the same day. :lol: Among them was X-men Legends II - that was what really inspired me to dig out my PSP. Now that I have some money to spend on looking for good old games, there's no point in letting it gather dust. It's actually a really good handheld console with plenty of decent titles for it, especially if you're into arcade-style racing and fighters.

18. NuclearWastE3

Regular

That's awesome! PSPs are so cool. I remember viewing some Youtube videos, about four months ago, where you're able to "hack" and play games that are otherwise unavailable to the PSP (ie. games from other consoles: N64, SNES, PS1, and some early PC games). I never got to try it, though, since I never owned a PSP :p

#1078 NuclearWastE3, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
  19. TotalAaron

@Bamul

[​IMG]
    Endless fun :D

Anyway i have been playing through 4 again and i noticed some things

[​IMG]
    Its like looking through a tv screen!

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-skyrim-mods/1/ has convinced me to go back to Skyrim, yet again.

I posted a thread not long ago about a Skyrim Renewal project where some developers were making a whole new game with the Skyrim engine. I got very hyped and excited because that's the exact thing I want, but it's either dead or very far off into the future.

I progressed very far in Skyrim and completed pretty much everything worth completing, until I grew tired of it. And even then, I kept it installed and played for a little bit now and then becuase HOT DAMN it looks so amazing! I especially love roaming through Riverwood. But eventually, even that grew tiresome, and I deleted it in need of more space on my hard drive. But now that I have my new PC with a 2TB HDD, I can reinstall it. Why? Because HOT DAMN, all the mods mentioned in the thread I posted above, will make Skyrim almost a whole new game; Not only are all old things improved in almost every way, but there are completely new items, weapons, NPCs and even quests and locations. Earlier I was all "Meh, mods aren't that big of a deal, they're just for fun", but now I've come to realize they can do so much more.

Still, despite this, there will still be the same core of the same old characters, locations and quests. But that is no problem for me. Why? Well, my girlfriend has an Xbox360 with Skyrim, and despite the fact that she doesn't like to actually play games, she likes Skyrim. So I played, and she watched. My first reaction was "Holy crap, everything is so extremely clumsy and difficult and slow with this xbox-controller, and the graphics are so old and everything is just the same as before and I've done it all, and to make matters worse I even have to start on a whole new nooby character and progress all my skills over again..".

But I soon came to realize that the reason Skyrim had gotten so boring on my PC, was because there were no quests left to do, and no more major progressing to do for my character. On this new character, I found that there was tons of things to do, and even though I was pretty darn sure I'd done them before, I still couldn't remember doing them :lol: It's so long ago, and it was so much, that I've almost forgotten all of it by now, so it all seems new again. In the midst of this, it was actually fun and exciting to progress and evolve my character's skills, armor and weapons. And when I finally got the hang of the Xbox controller, it was bearable.

With all of this in mind, I have already installed Skyrim again, along with a heap of mods, and I'm far from done. I've got a lot of playtime ahead of me :D