What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I'm just finishing up a couple of games that I've started and found them to be completely boring. Of these few games, they have proudly nestled in a cozy spot with the other games I find to be crappy. Don't play these games if you want to waste your time (and sorry if there are some games here that some of you may like):

Painkiller Heaven's got a Hitman:

[​IMG]

This game plays out similar to the early fps cult classics -doom, serious sam, etc. When I had purchased the game, I was quite excited to give it a try. The game looked like it was going to be scary and adventurous. Immediately playing the first level, all I had to do was hold down the left mouse button and aim the cursor to one of many enemies that filled the playing screen. It sucked. To make things worse, each little skirmish was accompanied by some metal music that didn't fit the gameplay very well. At the end of each little battle, a door would open up and lead the player to the next area for the same old crap. Another battle consisting of holding down the mouse and lazily moving the cursor to kill a horde of enemies *sigh*

My rating 1/10

--------------------------

[​IMG]

Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway: I had read many great things about Brothers in Arms; so I bought into it. It turns out that Hell's Highway is the third game in the series and follows events that happened in the previous two games. In other words, all the games construct one, continuously, long-story (at least from how I understood it). One might only understand the events of the second game if they played the first and one would only understand the third game if they played its predecessors. However, I read a review that it wasn't necessarily so and one would still be able to enjoy such a great game.

Combat consist of leading a squad (much like the real time strategy game "Company of Heroes), but in first person view. Occasionally, the game will go into third-person if the player decides to hide behind cover. Anyway, the games sucks. It is very consolized. You can't re-bind the keys to your liking, you can only run if you hold down the spacebar (and once you start running, you're on a straight course and can't adjust your trajectory unless you release the spacebar), you can't jump in place, the enemy AI is really dumb, the weapons (such as rifles) aren't accurate -it's just really bad. I'm really disappointing with this game.

My rating: 0/10

--------------------------

Now, I can't really progress forward to a "better" game unless I satisfy myself by finishing these two piles of turd. It will be left, in the back of my mind, that there are two games that have been started and yet to be finished on my computer. I know I could go forward and all, but I just wouldn't feel happy knowing that they're there. I know for sure, though, that the next game that I'm gonna play is System shock 2. It's a game that I've been wanting to play for over 4 years now; but, somehow, it keeps getting pushed back.

2. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

I'm still hooked on Fallout 4. It makes up about 90% of my gaming, with Batman Arkham Knight occasionally when I need a little break from Fallout.

3. DothWeed

DothWeed New Member

Currently going onto my 5th playthrough of Metro 2033 Redux.
    But aside from that, Medal of Honor Warfighter is still alive sometimes, pretty fun when there are full 20 people servers on friday nights.

There is Arma 3 as well, King of the Hill and Invade and Annex are the best.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haven't played a single game in weeks. :(

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I've been playing a lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2 Online this past month. I don't usually play MP games because I get addicted to them very easily :p. I have to say, it is a big improvement, in some ways, than Battlefield 2 (I use to play this one, a lot, last year). Graphics (obviously), some gameplay, and the fact that your ear can't be spammed by other teamplayer commands for each dog-gone second of the round are all good in my book. However, I do miss the intense grenade spam-wars in in BF2 -they were legendary. I also feel as if squad based teamwork felt more rewarding in BF2. I can't pinpoint why, but, it doesn't feel the same in Bad Company 2.

Nonetheless, they're both good MP games. Oh, and I've tried the Vietnam maps in bad company as well. There are only six servers for vietnam now (which sucks), and apparently, only one of them gets full. It's hosted from a eastern European country, so, when it does tend to get traffic, I'm usually asleep at the time. It's still a cool setting for a game, though. The guns kick ass and you can listen to typical Vietnam-era music when you climb into vehicles. :D

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I bought black ops 3 because I finally wanted to end the black ops trilogy which I have a secret love for.... well, it's a good story as far as games go, let alone cod games go. The twist was one of the best I've ever seen

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Wasting my life on SW:TOR. :wacko:

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I haven't played a COD game since the second one :sad:. I happen to have COD 4 and World at War, on my hardrive, but anytime I feel like giving them a go, I get overwhelmed since there are also a ton more other games that I have, which need to be played, and I just end up doing nothing instead :lol: I really don't know why, though, people give COD a bad rap. From what I've seen my friends play and screenshots/articles in magazines, they all seem very cool indeed.

------------
    Use the force ~~~~
    O_____o

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've been playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider for just about a month now, it took me 22 hours to complete. I completed it today, and I really loved it. At the same time, I have also been playing The Witcher 3. I completed it yesterday, after 58 hours of gameplay over almost three months. What're the odds that I'd complete both games almost simultaneously? :p The only thing I regret is that I finished The Witcher first, because afterwards, the Tomb Raider ending was kinda dull in comparison, haha :lol:

I looked around on youtube yesterday and checked out all the endings in TW3. Apparently I got the worst ending, and after I got it explained, I realized that it was apparently even worse than I at first had thought. It has kind of left me with a bad mood :p Although the world is almost the same as it was before the ending, it all now seems really meaningless, boring, and maybe even lifeless. I miss Triss </3.

Anyway, I can see there's quite a bit of DLC, so I'm probably gonna get that :D

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice. If you want, you can share with us the choices you made throughout the game and compare them to Potarto's, Wanderer's and mine in this thread (warning for everyone else: it is SPOILERIFIC).

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Been playing Tom Clancey's: The Division, which should be named Ubisoft's: The Division. I got it for free when buying my new graphics card, and I gotta say I was a little surprised that they gave away such a new and expensive game with a GPU. But after playing it for about 10 hours, I could see why. To sum it up quickly: The gameplay and the graphics are amazing, but that's just about all there is to it; It's an MMO, not an RPG. The story is bleak and easily goes unnoticed with very few cinematics. The game is fun and exciting, but it is extremely repetitive; all you do is shoot guys, mainly. Yes, this is the fact in many other games, but The Division takes it to a whole new level. To make matters worse, all the enemies look exactly the same.

If you want a good and proper review on it that actually is entertaining at the same time, check out Angry Joe's review of it on Youtube. IMO the game isn't worth the money.

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

^
    From the way you started out your review, I was lead to believe it was going to be a positive and inspiring story....However, I have now learned that Tom Clancey's (who's been dead for a few years now) The Division is a steaming pile of elephant shit :lol:. I thought it was going to be a good game based off of the screenshots that I've seen. Sorry that you had to go through such a disappointing experience.

13. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well i have been playing two games, Dark souls 3 installer which is great fun

and Wargame red dragon,

14. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I've fallen in love with world in conflict and medieval 2 total war

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm not, I got it for free so no harm done :lol:

That game has for a long time seemed appealing to me as I like medieval games, but just not enough for me to actually get it because of the heavy fantasy factors. But who knows, I said that about Skyrim and The Witcher3 too, but ended up loving them :noidea:

Medieval 2 total war seems very interesting, but I've never really been into those strategy-like games, I'm more of a typical FPS fan :p

16. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I love this game. I still occasionally play "quick-skirmishes" through a self-hosting multiplayer game against bots. I recommend you download a mod called "No Hope." It's multiplayer exclusive, but you have the option to play online or offline (against your computer). It adds an entire new arsenal of weapons; expanding on the original loadout of weapons one could choose from the original game. And the best thing is that they added a much larger array of nuclear weapons to pick from. It's insane and I'm quite positive that you will enjoy it. However, I think you should try it out after completing the singleplayer campaign so it doesn't spoil your playthrough.

Also, when you're creating your MP game and adding bots, set the enemy difficulty level to "nuke," in order to allow them to drop nukes on you and your allies. It's fun and it might also kill your computer (depending on how good your CPU is).;)

17. TotalAaron

Man no hope is so good, i love how by the end the frame rate is tanking super hard

18. TotalAaron

Dark souls is a very interesting game, because there is no real plot no missions no nothing, its just a case of exploring a run down country/fortress and having a look aaround, the combat is amazing and ever since bloodborne has reached the pinicle, imagine a slower version of the witcher 3

Speaking off the witcher i started it up on my laptop 25fps on low, dark souls 3 15 fps on low so YMMV with performance

I very much enjoy the total war series because of the scale and the history

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a big fan of history playing these games is like seeing it come alive

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, after playing a bit of Assassin's Creed Unity on maxed out settings with, miraculously, no lag at all and a very good FPS, everything going smooth, I've still yet to actually enjoy it. Sure, it's cool and can be a bit of fun, but there's still many problems with this game.

First and foremost, I've fallen completely out of the story as it has progressed way too fast with way too many confusing factors and unnecessary characters, it's all a big rolling ball of everything being mashed together and thrown into it here and there. Secondly, the gameplay/movement is very limited and strange. AC 2 was this way too, but at least I got used to it and managed to control it fairly quickly. AC Unity on the other hand, is just clunky and difficult. In addition, the whole city is mostly boring and uninteresting, same goes for the enemies who are all just "guards".

For so long I've been wanting to play AC Black Flag, but I never could be bothered to. Now I've finally downloaded it and am gonna try it out. Let's hope it's a tad bit better than Unity.

EDIT: Well, three hours into the game and I can say it's been not only a pleasantry, but a pleasant surprise. The controls are easier in every way, the cities are more interesting and the landscape is more fascinating and exciting. The gunplay is better, and so is the melee combat. It has an adventurous tone to it with a simple yet interesting story that's easy to follow up to. It's got a way better setting and atmosphere than Unity. And last but not least, the whole huge factor of the boat-sailing and -combat is a lot of fun :D
    Finally Ubisoft did something right. But it goes without saying that I had major problems actually starting the game because of the Ubisoft services being unavailable, and so forth. :tsk:

#1059 Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  20. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Indeed: the battles are rendered at magnificent scales. Very kick-ass. Very cheeki breeki.

I have a friend, who got the game when it was released, and invited me over so I could go check it out. He was enthralled by it's cheapness and consolitis (that's because he was playing it on xbox :p). He seemed to have been enjoying it very much; but me, who was sitting in the back, was criticizing the hell out of it (in my mind of course). Dude, the game was sucky and buggy. I noticed many of the things you've mentioned in this post as well as in a previous one from the time you "attempted" your first playthrough of the game. The most annoying thing for me was the "copy and paste" of buildings and textures in the town you start off in. I swear, every corner that my friend would go around....Wholla!! The same bakery or merchant store would appear as it did in the previous turn.

I also thought it sucked how (at least in the xbox) you could only open certain treasure chests if you were connected online to "whatever the hell" you connect to. Stupid Ubisoft :tsk: