What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Dishonored for PC

2. STALKER_2012

STALKER_2012 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Metro 2033 for Xbox 360 and for PC and I also play Dishonored for PC at the moment :)

3. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I just beat it this morning. Got two different endings because I saved just before the last point. Very fun game, cannot wait to replay it!

4. teenbat

teenbat Active Member

I'm actually not playing anything, because my old computer went all funky, and so my new computer is just the most basic Windows 7 hunk-o'-junk you could buy, and a cup was thrown at my TV, screwing up all of the pixels, rendering the TV nearly useless. It is now being used as a radio of sorts.

Hopefully I'll get my other computer fixed (way faster and can actually play games) as well as my TV soon, because there are quite a few games coming out this holiday season that I would not want to miss.

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Sc2 and metro 2033.

6. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Fired up Fahrenheit (xbox) again, which I do every year during the winter season. This game is seven years older than Heavy Rain and ten times better. Very ambitious, excellent voice-acting, great animations, lovely characters, wonderful OST by Angelo Badalamenti, ... Eventhough the main 'simon says'-style of gameplay mechanics are very uninspired and frankly lazy, there's still a great mystery/fantasy/sci-fi story to discover and enjoy here.

Then I got both xbox copies of the original Brothers in Arms games last week; Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood. which is my favourite of the two. I do miss the third-person cover-mechanic that was introduced in the third game, Hell's Highway, but what makes up for it is the spike in difficulty; both prequels are tough as balls.

Wanted to tackle the Blair Witch trilogy this week on PC but I can't get them to run properly on Windows 7 (the last time I played these games was back in '04); they won't save my settings or keyboard & mouse configurations, and I keep experiencing audio and graphical glitches which completely ruin the fun (although I'm not sure if it's the right way to describe these games). And since I'm not much of a PC gamer savant, I decided to move onto something else.

So instead I've been playing through Saw (x360) again. Now, by no means a good game but I've got to be honest here; the atmosphere is dead-on; you feel extremely vulnerable as there is a constant feeling of dread, knowing that death literally lurks around each and every corner so taking it slowly is the only way to play this game. And compared to Silent Spin-off Homecoming - because it appears to be running on the same engine as that abortion – it's five times the survival horror game Homecoming should've been. I'm playing on Insane difficulty in which typical video game logic applies such as: a slash from a rusty scalpel is far more deadlier than a revolver bullet fired at point blanc range, but it's very doable nevertheless. A word of warning though: combat is downright broken but it is very easy to use this flaw to your advantage by learning enemy attack patterns. I say; give it a chance if you manage to find a very cheap used copy, there's definitely something to like about it. Especially if you're the same type of malnourished survival horror aficionado like me. However, avoid the sequel at all costs. It's pish.

Both Killzone Trilogy (ps3) & DOOM³ – Berg Ferkin' Gern Edition (x360) landed in my mailbox on Halloween. Don't have much time to test them thoroughly. However, I played through the original Killzone quite recently and this HD remaster is how it should've looked and played back then but even so, it's still a really shit game. Graphics & controls have been tweaked to play more like the newer iterations but something still feels off... One could blame it on the lack of music during gameplay but combat in general is so damned unsatisfying.
    DOOM³ on the other hand, I'm very pleased with. 60fps, RAGE-like controls... Three things do bother me: 1. very limited options, for instance: no button-mapping, 2. the autosave pauzes the game for about 3 seconds and while it doesn't happen too often, it's distracting and takes you out of the action, and finally 3. Doom I & II can only be played from the disc. Still, if like me you loved DOOM³ back when it was released then you'll adore this.

I'm expecting Lucius (PC) next week. Here's the Giant Bomb Quick Look in the meantime.

#86 cerberus, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
  7. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

^ Welcome back.

Currently playing Halo:Reach. Compared to a lot of games released at the same time the enemy AI and the way the characters move and fight is dead on although I will say that your team mates often get in the way and if you're waiting for them to get in your vehicle don't expect them to be quick.
    The graphics are also pretty great. The story is pretty darn good too which is to be expected since it is Halo.

The vehicles are fun to use and it's generally just a great game although the multiplayer is ruined somewhat by the squeaky little kids who complain when you lose the game even though it was their fault anyway because they suck. I like the multiplayer though because when you're against good players the large amount of health and shields mean it's truly a test of skill not just who has the quickest reaction time or who sees who first.

Halo 4 comes out in a couple of days! :D But I have to wait until Christmas until I get it though :'( Also as you probably know i'm not Christian and neither are my family (I think) but we just use it as an excuse to give gifts, have the family around and have a good time.

8. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Alan Wake: American Nightmare was better than I expected at first, it's actually a very nice expansion.

At the moment I'm playing Overlord 2, I love to be the evil guy once, instead to the hero.

9. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

^ Only played AW:AM's demo but I found that both graphically and in terms of gameplay, it was a lot more enjoyable than the first game. Might give the full version a go if they decide to release a physical copy.
    Aye, thanks ;)
    One of the last people I was romantically involved with wasn't a Christian either and didn't celebrate the holiday either, but instead they exchanged presents on new year's eve.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Finished Resistance 3... have to say, some of the elements of the singleplayer campaign are ripped straight from Half-Life 2, but it still feels like Resistance and not just a cheap clone - which makes this one of the best singleplayer shooters released in recent years.

On the other hand, the multiplayer is very disappointing. It's baffling how they actually made it so much worse and tried to copy crappy CoD, instead of sticking with the brilliant aspects of Resistance 2's multiplayer. But yeah, singleplayer is awesome and best in the series. Glad to see that Insomniac focused on this instead of the MP, but still, the online features are quite boring.

11. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

STALKER Call of Pripyat with Misery 2.0 installed. Great fun, but hard as hell to play. I had to start over because I was outside and wounded after searching for artifacts, and as a result of being so hurt I can't run or regenerate stamina, so I'm left panting and eeking towards the safe haven in the distance while a massive blowout churns the sky to blood red with sparkling lightning behind me. A most beautiful, bittersweet death.

12. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

God I hate when that happens! I really wish their were more Medic Kits about, or at least being able to do rudimentary first aid by yourself or with a NPC

But you sure your not just running Misery 1 with Patch 2? 2.0 isnt realsed yet as far as I can tell

13. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl with Complete Mod at the moment.

14. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

I think you mean Misery 1.1 because 2.0 havn't been released yet.
    You'd probably mistook patch 2( Misery 1.1) for 2.0.

15. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Yes yes, sorry guys I did mean the patch. Regardless that game is so difficult. I needed a health pack so I could sprint back to the barge before the blowout hit and I was standing with some bandits so I kept reloading a save and trying, (and failing,) to blast them all away and (hopefully) find a health pack and heal myself so I could sprint once more. All in all, the game is nuts, I just need to remember to keep more than one save file.

EDIT: Also, has anyone played Shadow of Chernobyl with the Oblivion Lost 2010 version? I played with the old version, and the 2010 version looked promising, but I never got around to downloading it. Let me know because I have SoC at the ready to install once more!

#95 Pip314, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  16. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

How is Complete? Is it only a graphical enhancement, or is it a total conversion?

17. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

X COM, Borderlands 1 with the dlcs, Team fortress 2 and Grid Racedriver well i always play that.. Drifting <3 xD

18. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

GTA 4. Beast at that shit.

It's not as good as San Andreas but the online free mode is just great, the only game where you can drive at stupid speeds in stolen cars and shoot the crap out of other players in a high speed chase or have big firefights in the middle of the city and yet be fairly realistic too, the parkour is fun aswell and the city has plenty of places to explore. I also love riding the motorbikes.

The only things that let it down is that a good pilot will make mincemeat of anyone on foot because there's no real weapons to combat the helicopters and there isn't that much to do other than kill each other or have races. Hopefully there's an option to turn guns on helicopters off or more weapons to combat them in GTA 5.
    The selection of clothing is pretty terrible too although I like the combat helmet and trousers you can unlock. Leveling takes a very long time too and there's too many modders.

I've probably already mentioned GTA4 though because I play it a lot.

19. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

World of tanks- been playing for a little while now. Really enjoy it's mechanics, variety of tanks, attention to detail and overall flow... Although I hate artillery with a passion. Not to mention it's free to play.

20. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Finally beat Assassin's Creed Revelations. Really didn't like it, to be honest. But I won't go into detail on that subject..

I'm currently playing BF3 (as always), RUSE multiplayer with a friend (2v2 matches are pretty fun) and I'll be playing Halo 4 when it comes out.