What are some good champions for new players?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by leahcim132, Dec 27, 2015.

1. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey guys. My friend just started playing and is wondering what are some easy but fun champions to play. I told my friend to play Annie but found it boring. I then showed him Ezreal but then he found it too hard since you had to aim every skill (literally the opposite of Annie!).

So any champions that are easy and fun for a new player?

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

If your friend is new to these kinds of games then I suggest he/she play with Ashe or Garen as they're very easy to play point and click characters that are stereotypically an archer and warrior class respectively. If he/she is looking for an easy mage type character to play then I also recommend Morgana.

3. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Garen is not what used to be, honestly speaking... it's got a little bit harder and requires some more strategical plays. But Ashe... she remains an all-time newb-friendly champ.

4. Amilie

Amilie Member
    Regular

My friend recommended me to play Ashe when I first played. I think she is a really friendly champion to play if you are new to the game.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't say Ashe is a good champion to start, especially since she has low mobility and can be difficult to kite with. I would play champions like Karma which are strong and easy to understand.

6. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member
    Regular

In my opininion Ashe isn't a bad choice. Long-range champions will make him feel confident. It's true that you have to learn aiming but it's less stressful to play from a distance. My recommendations would also include Lux and Caitlyn.

7. mopli

mopli Active Member
    Regular

You should probably buy the few starter champions first that cost 450 IP, these champions are most of the time pretty easy to master yet very very good. For example Annie is super broken at the moment. Even for higher level players, these champions are very good. These champions also can learn you the basics of every role. So the starter champions, those that cost 450 IP are a very good start.

8. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tell him to pick a simple champion for each role and stick to them so that he learns the different positions. There are some great 450 to 1350 IP champs. Annie, Lux, Ashe, Garen are great starters.

9. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Fun and easy champions for new league of legends players would have to be any of the following ; Renekton, Nasus, Mundo, Caitlyn, and Teemo. Those are at least some champions that have fun things to do and are easy to pickup that aren't mechanically hard.

10. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

Basically all the champs in the new player bundle. Champs like annie, yi, mundo etc.

11. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well you can start playing using Malphite since he is a bit tanky and does a bit of damage and can help the team quite a lot. Aside from that, you can either play in lanes or jungle if you want. Teemo would be a good choice too.