Were activities that didn't involve combat ever added to this?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by narshbleed60, Jun 3, 2015.

1. narshbleed60

narshbleed60 Member

Have they added anything non-combat oriented in this game yet? AKA collection items (via Rift or EQ2 style), some form of alternate advancement, or just "other" stuff to do? Thinking about giving it a whirl again just because there's absolutely nothing else out there catching my interest right now and I'm jonesing for some sort of game to play on the weekends, but the one thing I disliked about SWTOR was the fact the entire game seemed based entirely around combat.
    In fact, a lot of "modern" MMOs seem to suffer from that, but it's a whole other can of worms I don't want to get into.
    I did really enjoy the class stories and the little bit of housing I messed with my last go-round in SWTOR (a year or so ago) but want to know if they've added anything else along those lines with that last expansion they put out before I go through the trouble of downloading/possibly subbing.

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Short of the Collections interface (which you're probably already familiar with) and the recent Outfitter system, I can't think of anything non-combat related.

And you're right, it's a problem that almost all modern MMOs suffer from (and most of the old ones too for that matter).

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

That bad equivocation aside, you should not expect anything other than the main thrust of gameplay from SWTOR. It is in fact the one-trick pony with a unique and heroin-like IP. There will be no fighter sim, no collections, no fucking ice cream. SWTOR is not going to become a Vworld, it's just a static theme park with a lucrative theme.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Well if you like the class story quests, now's the time to return since they have 12x XP on those and you can level from 1 to 55 doing only class quests while avoiding all the tedious side missions.

Otherwise no, they haven't added any non combat content.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Semi-non-combat are the scavenger hunts you do. IIRC on each planet you can get some missions that task you to go to certain locations and find spy bots or antenna, or use a proximity sensor to dig up stuff. I think these missions still involve some combat in the end, but long stretches are non-combat.

The Gree event also involved some non-combat stuff.

Collections are big, too. SWTOR's main cash cow IMO.