Well, on a post-apocalyptic tone...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Von Streff, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

This is a common question fueling the console v. pc war. Since consoles have less peformance that a well funded pc, the games are made to run on consoles, and then are directly ported to pc. Therefore pc players are essentially wasting their money. If games were developed solely for pc then we could have games that surpass 3dmark11 in terms of graphics and microsoft flight sim in terms of scale.

[​IMG]

[youtube]IBXWiSGfMqc[/youtube]

2. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Well ghost said it pretty well with all his Powerpoint Graphics, and all :3

Although I do understand why you wanna play with a controller: I would never have gotten Skyrim to PC just for the mods, cuz I played Oblivion solely on PS3. Anyway, I noticed a porgramm that enabled my PS3 controll to be used in Skyrim on PC, so now I got it and I can still get all the lovely Mods :D

#22 thuner, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  3. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

Von, PC gamers get pissed all the time when we find out that their putting a game on console because in that case it usually IS dumbed down. Look at Crysis 2, the Battlefield series, and most recently, TES:V Skyrim (The series is not a PC exclusive, but it has console port written all over it). I'm not trying to start a flame war, because most of my time was dedicated to my xbox, with over 26 games. I'm just sympathizing with PC gamers (I'm to a PC gamer) cause they're the ones that usually get the poop end of the stick. I don't play S.T.A.L.K.E.R so i don't have an opinion on it.

Also, PC gaming isn't expensive when you build it yourself.

#23 Chrome, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah, this is great! Okay, now I see. I thought they would build for PC (therefore, epic on PC), and then drop the graphics for console. It would just mean lowering textures, changing the lighting distance/view distance, and maybe a ton of coding. But I reckon they should build for PC first, then go to the console side, and everyone's happy.

Of course, there is probably a reason why they don't. :) Btw, that video's graphics: jaw-dropping! :D