Welcome THQ Community Manager, THQvagrantscout!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Luster, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

Fellow Last Light Forum members,

We are VERY fortunate to have the presence of THQ Community Manager, Joe Walz (aka THQvagrantscout), on these forums. He will be here to provide exclusive info, teasers, and more. In addition, he's open to your questions. So here's your chance to communicate directly with THQ. Feel free to message him and he'll answer what he can.

Without further ado, please give him a warm welcoming.

2. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

Glad to be here ... just starting out at THQ so please be kind ;)

If you have any game or community related questions, I am here to help and will answer what I can (please understand that like every company, there will be certain things I cannot divulge). We do have some exciting announcements coming in the next couple months which I am confident will make fans very happy, so make sure to check back often.

Finally, join our official Facebook and Twitter profiles for even more information, contests, and reveals:

www.facebook.com/metrovideogame
    www.twitter.com/metrovideogame

Cheers!

Joe @ THQ

#2 THQvagrantscout, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  3. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

My most humble greetings, Joe.
    It is exciting to have a represent from THQ here in the forums and I hope that it will provide a productive result.
    I'm also hoping that you will find our community here as pleasant and fun as we do.
    Now, from a humble fan I welcome you to our forum.

4. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Greeting and Welcome to the Forums!
    It's great to actually have one of THQ's official workers with us here, and Im sure it will be very much appreciated by all the members. :3
    And it was because of your twitter page to begin with that I found this forums, so I also want to say a big Thank You for it!

5. THQvagrantscout

Strelok: I will bring the productivity as much as I can ... but really, you guys will be the driving force. You tell me what you want and I will work with the forum admins to see if we can make it happen :)

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I honestly don't really know what to say. Welcome, it's good to have you here :) Would you happen to have a more thorough release date?

7. THQvagrantscout

Skaara: One of those things I can't yet divulge ... should get announced sooner rather than later, after a couple more updates from developer 4A in Kiev

8. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

:welcome:
    Welcome,THQvagrantscout! Nice to have you on board!

9. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Welcome sir to our tiny corner of heaven (more of god forsaken place riddled with mutants and anomalies alike, not to mention facists and the sort) good to have an important person watching over us from high places, even if you are new :D
    Im the resident funny dude, as well as excentric, bonkers and helpfull. I greet you with open arms to take a step up against the darkness that overshadows our future. Since you are new i will take you easy xD my first question is "Are there funny elements present in the game, if so are there more or less?"
    Nevertheless, welcome and you may call me Vlad, or anything that can satisfy your need for amusement. I think im running out of space so im gonna end this here!

P.S. Continue to make these awesome games and maybe the world will not come to an end.

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah, good to see you've managed to get here. It's great to have THQ officially here.

So welcome! I'll be sure to ask many questions about the game industry, hopefully my future employment!

11. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Welcome to our forums!!!!

It's really super mega ultra awesome to have you here :)
    I have no questions to ask,for now :p

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I guess I can no longer say "Welcome Metro Dweller" as you are part of the "Metro Creators" lol

Anyway, welcome aboard. We're all very fond of Metro here and there are many inspiring threads on what Last Light should include and what it should not.

I for one am very confident that campaign will be true to Metro 2033, but Multiplayer has been very hush hush so far. Do you have any MP news which you can drop?

If there is a horde mode I would be :D

Is Ulman making a return, I guess that is the million dollar question?

PS - Do you answer the questions on Twitter?

#12 majnu, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  13. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

In this world, He's the voice of god! xD
    No Im not religious, just saying how it would be rly ^^

14. THQvagrantscout

Vlad: Just like the previous title, Last Light will have elements of very dark humor that fits well in the game world and is consistent with the humor found throughout Russian culture. Not sure if it will be more or less than seen in the first game, but remember how the first game ended...people believed they were saved, but Artyom knew better. I feel as though this situation will provide some comic relief in the early chapters of the game and will get progressively darker and more serious as the game progresses.

15. THQvagrantscout

majnu: No word on multi-player yet, I get the hush hush on my side as well. Character reveals are forthcoming, probably around E3 but don't hold me to that if its a bit later. I will be handling the Metro Twitter feed as well and will check the PMs over there shortly (currently it's about 10AM on Monday 3/26, must have coffee first).

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Great. Do you know if the English translation would be less American? I remember in black station in 2033, loads of the characters were saying "we've got a douche bag over here." I just wondered if the word douche is well known in Russia hence why it was in the game?

Will we get special editions of the game with art work, metro styled lighter, gas mask etc? Something like this would be ace, although I bet laws would prevent it.

http://cardman.deviantart.com/art/metro-2033-bullet-lighter-214347023

17. THQvagrantscout

manju: Regarding translation, the developer likes to say as close as possible to the original version of the game...but as you noticed, sometimes things don't translate well from one culture / language to another. Therefore, different language versions might have some different slang but the overall feel and main storyline should be 99% accurate to the original. Remind me in a few months about this question and I will see if I can get some specific examples from MLL.

Special edition has been thrown around but nothing solid yet. Lighter would be a cool add on since it ties in well with the game...we could include as long as the lighter didn;t have fluid. If a lighter would be included, it would most likely be a "Zippo" type lighter which comes from the manufacturer without fluid having ever touched it and it is safe to ship globally.

Maybe I will just make lighters instead for community giveaways...in fact, that is a wonderful question that I will ask on the Facebook profile in the next couple weeks.

18. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

That would be really cool. Have you taken a look at the "Special Edition" thread on this forum? We have compiled a whole list of pretty cool ideas, but the favorites were Artyom's Lighter, an Art Book, the OST, and a gas mask (less possible). I think giving something special (like a small but cool guidebook) would be good even in the normal edition. (I'm thinking of the recent Witcher 2 port to Console, which comes with the OST and guidebook, even in the normal editions).

#18 Von Streff, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  19. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Fantastic, although don't neglect us twitter users :D Like Von Streff said the community had some really good ideas, I'll try and dig out the thread if I can find it.

Makes perfect sense about the cultural translations and slang. In China calling someone a mother of a dog is found offensive :lol:

Another thing which irked me in Metro 2033 was the chatter in the stations. It was too overbearing when you were trying to listen to a specific individual, you could bearly hear what they were saying. I hope that is something which others can relate too and would be addressed in LL.

Also the character models used were all the same, you can find the same women and that annoying little boy in different stations and the voice acting was not different too, maybe it is being picky but to the trained eye I certainly noticed it.

#19 majnu, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
  20. THQvagrantscout

von: I will check out the "special edition" thread for some merch ideas...I will probably put up a poll on the FB page in a couple weeks asking which premium items fans would most like me to make. As far as gas masks, we actually have a TON of those in house from a prior promotion...I am getting a quote now on getting those branded with the game logo. For helping me connect with luster I will send you one :) I will email you once they are ready to get your address.

manju: 4A works to provide more in depth and different backgrounds and character models for MLL...so they beat you to your idea :)