weird texture screw ups

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by scarecrowb24, Jul 2, 2013.

1. scarecrowb24

scarecrowb24 New Member

Hello I appear to have a problem with the game's texture's because when i play the game if my quality is set to normal,very high or low i get these two black boxes overlapping each other on the character's watch and on various other place's too. Also the lighter flame in the game doesn't show up just a weird glow and when i look at fire a ton of black boxes appear on it and if i look into the fire my gun gets covered in a ton of black boxes but if my quality is at high the black boxes disappear and only pop up at certain times but many other thing's are still screwed up can anyone help I am running a desktop with : a brand new quad core withe latest brand new asus mother board the z87-plus and my graphics card's well they aren't brand new one's about 5 years old and the other is off of ebay used and they are both nvidia geforce 7950 gt and i have a funny feeling it's the graphics card's but just to be sure

2. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm guessing your video are lacking some of the features the game requires to run properly. Try looking for r_api line in C:/Users/<username>\Appdata/Local/4Agames/MLL/user.cfg and change it to r_api 0. You can open the file with notepad. If you can't save the file after you've changed it put it on the desktop,edit the line and put it back in the same folder.

#2 Keegan83, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  3. scarecrowb24

scarecrowb24 New Member

already tried didn't work doesn't matter i'm getting a new graphics card

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

It sounds like your dealing with artifacts. This usually occurs, at least for me, when the core temp is way too high or when I either have the CPU or graphics card over-clocked a little too much; but either way, I hope you find yourself a graphics card that will fit your needs. ;)

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I wouldn't know anything about this, except it seems like your game is missing effects.