Watch_Dogs: The Primer

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by HarleyQuinn, May 15, 2014.

1. It's DLC if you download it. That's it. Priced or free - doesn't matter.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

True, though most publishers seem to think that charging for all types of DLC is mandatory.

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Well, we technically had Day 1 DLC I think since they sold the various random preorder packs seperately. Also, I'm just gonna be the devil's advocate and say that I don't mind season passes; there's nothing even remotely mandatory about them, and it's a quid pro quo arrangement. You get the opportunity to save a few bucks, and the developer gets the opportunity for some more guaranteed larger sales. With some games I definitely got my money's worth (with BF3 and Last Light, for example, I loved all the DLC packs), and with others it's just kind of a waste. (I still haven't finished half of the ones that came with my pass for Borderlands 2) If you don't like them, then just don't buy them.

Still definitely supporting the idea of pirating Ubisoft games though, especially after the shit Ubisoft has pulled lately. Shit optimization, penalizing actual paying customers with horrible DRM, bribing reviewers... I really do generally enjoy their games, but they're just a horrible publisher.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Reasonable argument, but I disagree. I don't feel pre-orders are right, so that's probably why I don't like season passes either. The only time I ever bought a season pass was for Last Light, because... fuck it, it's Metro. It was also one of the only times I ever bought DLC that wasn't part of a "complete edition".

Agreed, their games are fun but they are absolutely clueless about what they do on PC.

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Only real time i have been mad about DLC is Mass effect really, It doesn't bother me much

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ugh, it saddens me to see this :(
    I'm not really hyped for the game anymore. Upon realizing I can't play it after all, I was frustrated for some time. But after that, the hype has just sunk lower and lower. Mainly just because I know I won't be getting a graphics card for the game until next month, but also a little bit because I see and hear about stupid things like 90 degree railroad tracks..

7. [YOUTUBE]wOISheIuU4k[/YOUTUBE]

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hey PC dudes the E3 2012 setting can be modded in :D

[YOUTUBE]b43ZlqPvBDs[/YOUTUBE]