Watch_Dogs: The Primer

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by HarleyQuinn, May 15, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Since nobody else seems to be talking about the actual game; it's fun. It's not GOTY material, it's got some issue, but I think most of the hate comes from the massive amounts of overhype it got. It's a fun game with a lot of work put into it, and it shows.

2. Someone I know said "It's decent".

I'm unsure about buying it right away.

3. Potarto

I actually would go ahead and just torrent the damn thing so you don't have to deal with Uplay. Already potentially looking at ~20 hours worth of gameplay progress being lost because of their shitty cloud servers, just waiting for right now to see if support actually comes through or not.

4. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll buy it probably when the game is patched or I'll wait for GTA V for PC:rip:

5. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Don't want to sound like a hater, but, gotta be honest and say... I'm pretty disappointed in this game. It's not complete crap, but, it's really nothing special at all. It's certainly not good enough to warrant all the hype for it, before and after release. The repetitive mission type activities and tasks are something I hoped we wouldn't see, but the world is packed full of it. The game's story almost has me bored to tears. And though being an important way of getting around the world, the driving is shocking and certainly leaves a lot to be desired - and has actually gotten me hooked back onto GTA V for another play-through. The gameplay just isn't all that fun, to me, for any longer than about 15 minutes - at which point I've thought of another game I want to play and put that on instead. I really don't like the main character Aiden Pearce at all. And walking around the city dressed like a serial rapist isn't quite my idea of a good time and is for some reason really bugging me. I could go on, but better not... Although, I do like the mechanics for escaping police.

Easily one of my game pre-order regrets.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

You see, he hacked the battery too ;)

7. Hint: Read the profile pop-ups.

[YOUTUBE]hC83kY3rywE[/YOUTUBE]

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Justice! death to Vedgo Gamrs!!

9. Potarto

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

^ Hahahaha :lol:
    What cracked me up was the sudden change from mid-eastern types to a Canadian. :laugh:

11. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

My friend showed me this video at school today, I though that it was pretty funny. :D

[YOUTUBE]iJNOaPfw-q0[/YOUTUBE]

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Just a week after this game's release, the first DLC for it is already out... FILTH.

13. Potarto

Not seeing anything about new DLC being released, just the preorder packs and the Season Pass.

Also, Ubisoft support just keeps trying to find new ways to make sure I can actually connect to their network instead of actually giving me a way to retrieve my damn save files that for some reason only exist on their shitty cloud servers. I can connect just damn fine in every single other aspect, looks like I really am out 20 hours of progress. Fucking Uplay, and they wonder why people pirate their games.

And last but not least, a friend of mine found an archived 4chan thread, wherein an ex-Ubisoft developer who worked on Watch_Dogs answered a bunch of questions, and talked about how the E3 demo was an actual working build, before Ubisoft Kiev (in charge of optimization) and Ubisoft Montreal (in charge of everything else) were handed the game and fucked it all up. Definitely worth a read, here's a quick tidbit.

"There's also the incident with the L-Train. Earlier when we were just working on world buildings etc, Montreal said we need to create a path for the L-train so that's what they did, but they put fucking 90 degree turns on the tracks! So I asked them for time/resources to fix this, they respond "we don't see your issue."

So I went ahead and sent them a video of this, showing how retarded a train running at 80mp/h looks when turning 90 degrees, they tell me "We see your issue but it's too late, maybe we'll patch this later." This was back in October, before the delay announcement etc although you can probably still see in the game tracks marks left of that, which we missed cleaning up. In the October demo that was shown with the train if it went any further you'd see the 90 degree turns."

And sure enough:
    [​IMG]

14. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

... Why? what causes someone to go "Der that look fine to me" I make shitty custom Ghost recon Island thunder/Jungle storm maps and i dont do shit like that,

There is no excuse i am yet to see anything like that in GTA 4/5 so its not like its impossible to do :( not buying it now For sure

15. Potarto

So like I said, torrent it. It's still a decently fun game, just definitely not worth the money. Hell, with all of the Uplay issues, the torrented versions are actually superior.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It doesn't matter whether it's new or whether it's a pre-order bonus released separately - it is downloaded separately and they charge for it, so it's DLC. As for the season pass, it's even worse than pre-orders... it's asking people to pay you for downloadable content that hasn't yet even been developed. Not to mention the shitty DRM that comes with the game. So you're absolutely right: this is exactly why games like this are and should be pirated (assuming you want them in the first place).