Warhammer 40,000 and its first attempt into the world of MOBA

Discussion in 'Warhammer 40,000' started by daredevil, May 5, 2016.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Warhammer 40,000 has been turned into several video games, namely:
    • Chaos Gate
    • Space Hulk
    • Fire Warrior
    • Dawn of War
    • Space Marine
    Right now, the creators of the game, Games Workshop, has decided to go into the Massively Online Battle Arena or MOBA genre. This time with the title of the game as "Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena." Players of four versus four with different races and teams would be able to battle with each other. The first races to be released were:
    • Tau
    • Space Marines
    • Orks
    But later on, more races will be released. Here's a sneak preview of the game:

What do you think about it?

2. Doffy

Doffy Member
    Regular

You just hit me were it hurts.
    In terms of graphics it looks really good. Gameplay as depicted in the video reminds me of WOW, I'll wait to see if that's a good thing.
    I'd love to see WH40K come out as an MMORPG aside from MOBA, the lore certainly allows the build of a wider world, storyline and maps.
    Is it free or pay-to-pay?

3. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

It was free to play... Sadly, it's discontinued now.:( Anyway, I do think the graphics were amazing as well. But the problem might be that the MOBA genre is too crowded already. Maybe that's why Dark Nexus hasn't really progressed since its release last year, December. Smaller companies might have it more difficult to get into the MOBA genre for this reason as well.

I do wish that they come up with a MMORPG genre for Warhammer though.
    Or any other genre apart from MOBA. Truth is, it's hard to replicate DoTa and LoL's success with MOBA.

4. Doffy

Doffy Member
    Regular

I think it would be awesome if there's an interactive open-ended story game about WH40K, but I know those are really hard to make, with so many races, classes, jobs, religions and technology.
    At least they have most of the lore ready as it is. They could stick to known and analysed events of the lore like the Horus Heresy and play around that, adding Legions few at a time.

5. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

This feels like something people would only play if they're fans of the franchise, I'm not in love with the graphics and the gameplay seems whack..

6. TungstenCube

TungstenCube Member
    Regular

If a warhammer player could fully select their race that they play on the table top, I think there would have been a lot of demand. I love owning with my Necrons, and if I could have played online, that would have been even better :D.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think Warhammer is suited to be a MOBA game, all due respect. Not impressed by the graphics or gameplay at all.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I knew that it had burne turned around and made into some others, but never really seen the list spelled out like that. Makes you appreciate the original game just that much more.