Virtual reality MMMORPG?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by thecorinthian, Aug 4, 2016.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's been talked about on this forum over and over and there's been a lot of movies that show virtual reality gaming but if did become a reality what do you think are the pros and cons of this application? I think the technology still costs a lot and only premium high-playing players will get anywhere with virtual reality.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the barrier of entry is just too high for a VR MMO to be viable right now. Maybe in the future, where the technology is more commonplace it'll be viable, but for now given how expensive MMOs can be to make, it doesn't make much sense to build one specifically for VR.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well the talk about virtual reality continues to expand, and I have to say that I am getting excited. I am pretty sure that we will start seeing commercial versions of these pretty soon, but we have also been hearing it for some time so I am not sure. I will keep my fingers crossed, and see where we go from here. Thanks for sharing.

4. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually virtual reality games are in very early stage of development. I have seen some of these primitive virtual reality games. In both cases, people were wearing some kind of 3D gaggles and hold a controller in hand. One game is to shoot arrows. The other one is cutting fruit just like Fruit Ninja. These are still too primitive. I hope we can enjoy seeing the whole "world" for explore/adventure in near future.

5. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it sounds like a intriguing idea. We are getting closer and closer to that stage I think. But I am not sure the VR can handle that many characters or things on it all at once, not yet at least.

6. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is already a reality. With companies like meta, chat gpt and Gemini Google there are videos on YouTube about virtual reality games. But I personally I'm not interested in playing virtual reality games.