Quantcast

Versus AI or Online?

Discussion in 'Civilization V' started by EleGiggle, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Well, you should definitely let us know about those streams just in case.
    That's what I personally like the most about the 1v1 as well, changing game settings might be the most powerful tool of that game, indeed, make the time lapse shorter to make it faster and more competitive, great thing to do indeed.

2. jasonr299x

jasonr299x Active Member Regular

I talked to them and they said they're down to do it for Civ VI! Not sure if that many people would want to watch it though, it's mainly just a thing for 3 or 4 people to watch. They said they wouldn't mind other people watching, though, so hopefully everyone else will be able to enjoy the "Arby's Showdown" as much as we do!

When the game comes out, we'll play around with it for a few days before we get comfortable with it and then I'll post a link to the stream somewhere on this forum. Come to think of it, a stream straight from the beginning when we're all new to the game might be more enjoyable to watch. Can I get your input on that idea?

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

That's too bad, though I guess it is tough to complain since the game is already complex enough as it is so I understand that adding onto it should be done with as much care as possible.

4. AgentD22

AgentD22 Member Regular

I'd take hotseat anyday over those two.

The AI is fun (after all, playing against these historical characters is one of the core features of CIV games) but they need real challenges to complement them, so I do think that to have the best experience you'd need a real player.

But, since the online portion of the game is barely functional, hotseat is the only option, get a couple of chairs and two wireless mouses and you've got yourself a great game of CIV.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know what they can add though, I guess one thing is more nations but on PC there are already mods for that. They can release thematic DLCs and that's about it, really.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

It looks like they it's going to be more fun to play online with Civ VI then it is with Civ V. I haven't tried playing online with Civ V, might as well wait for Civ VI.

7. EntropiaAddict

EntropiaAddict New Member

Could not have said it better myself. Generally, I find playing the AI on the hardest difficulty to be the most enjoyable experience for me. Playing with other people, I tend to just get annoyed and/or frustrated at listening to them or getting my *** handed to me (except for puzzle games where I tend to win if I play online which isn't often). I guess I am just a little too old for the online gaming craze and will take the AI over another person (unless I personally know them and we are working together) any day of the week. Another factor for Civilization games and offline play is that they tend to take me a while to finish and I can't afford to play a game for 3 or 4 hours in 1 sitting anymore.

8. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with you, this kid of game are funnier to play against the CPU, playing online could get really boring and annoying, it's kinda odd, but yeah, that's my opinion.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I agree. I have a hard time imagining what else they could add but I'm sure with the new version I'll be surprised as always. I'm always pleasantly surprised by new additions to games I would never have thought of which is why I guess I am not a developer and instead just a player lol.

10. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Online and only online!

11. Terry

I would like to see the new DLC

12. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano Member Regular

I prefer AI but that's just me because I'm more of a loner. I don't like to play multiplayer games that much but I do play them sometimes. Civ is one of those games I like to play against the AI because I'm not very good at it and feel people would make fun of me for not playing it like they do. I need to get good first and then I could try multiplayer.

13. Terry

But why you don't like multiplayer?

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I am like you, I think that it's more fun then playing online. There is always some one that want's to trash talk and I don't have any patience for that.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

There was a time when it was all the rave to play online, so that was fun when there were always people there and always someone willing to plan. The AI is nice to always have there though.