Upcoming Contests, with Treats!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A valid concern, considering previous contests (e.g. I actually won one of the much earlier contests on this forum, but since it was US only and the reward was a gas mask, I have never received the prize). :lol: However, since it looks like it'll just be a Steam code this time, it should be much easier to organize it as an international thing.

2. Since they are handing out region-free codes to the community and allow us host these contests, it will be for everyone anywhere.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Never mind this.

Edit: @Bamul: didn't you say it get lost in the mail? :p

#23 NuclearWastE3, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nope, that was what happened with some other European member of the forum who also won a prize in the same contest (who received - unfortunately unsuccessful - help from an American member in getting the mask). I believe it may have been Skaara, but I could be mistaken.

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

:O ahh, okay.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Correct, I won the prize and I believe it was Rolfwar who helped me ship it. But it never arrived, and I still cry every night because of this. R.I.P. custom-made Metro bag. The post-serice will pay for what they've done!

Anyway, Komodo and Aaron, you are welcome to just start a contest as soon as you're ready, me being all busy these days..

7. We'll start once we get the keys :)

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

..... I just had a major realization.
    At first I was going to say that the keys will be sent out to the winners when they are announced.
    And then I realized that the console-winners actually will be getting copies, not just keys.
    And that made me realize that we can actually get the keys before we start the contests.
    I'll be right on that.

*Mind imploded*

Also:
    Komodo, time for you to do your magic work ;)

9. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I remember one time I was skimming around Ebay for Metro 2033 stuff and I found this guy who was selling a bunch of custom-made Metro bags (I believe it was a Khaki/tan bag) with the cream color Russian gas mask which you pull over your head. I clicked on it and the seller was from the city I'm in.... :shocked:

Edit: It looked like this (and now I see that the bag is more of an olive-drab color):
    [​IMG]

Double Edit, about three hours later: Damn, that's a lot of prizes.

#29 NuclearWastE3, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  10. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

err, nay! I live in Europe as well.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, that's the one I won. GP-5 if I remember correctly.

12. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Now that Skaara is off fighting the angry natives on Pluto that I upset during my administrative trip, Komodo will be taking his place in planning out these contests. I've made much speaks with him (aka one PM like 2 minutes ago) and the cogs of planning have gotten back on track. Just hold onto your socks a little longer and start preparing ;)

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Posted an announcement in the forum's Steam-group (which some of my Steam-friends have joined) about the contests, and also posted the announcement in the public "Activities" section in Steam :D

14. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I'm a not-so-active member at a Duke Nukem 3D forum, which happens to get some good active member traffic. Currently, there have been 20 members on the forum in the last hour (that's excluding myself). There are even more unregistered members, 135, which visited in the same span of time -though, many of those might be spambots. It's a large DN3D modding community and there is always a bunch of new post and topics popping up. I joined in hopes of learning how to mod DN3D, but have not succeeded, yet.

Anyway, I could post a thread about the contest(s) on that forum if you guys would like me to. The only reason I'm asking is because I'm not sure if it should be kept to meto-based communities only.

#34 NuclearWastE3, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  15. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Could you just invite me to that group pls? :)

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

You just need to go to community and search in Groups And People for "Last Light Forum" :)

17. Autumnal Wanderer

Well I found it, but I cannot join, because it is private, so I need somebody to invite. :)

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ohhhhhh, I see. I'll make it un-private right away! ;)
    But just in case I can't, give me your Steam ID :)

19. Autumnal Wanderer

Thank you, I have joined at least :)