Two of my Favorite Things, Dead.

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by NuclearWastE3, Feb 8, 2014.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I'm not sure how far American T.V. reaches out to other countries, but I'm sure people who live here will only recognize this show that I’m about to mention. The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. This was my favorite show to watch every weekday night form 10:30-11:30 pm. I use to do my homework while watching it. Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the Jay Leno show was sort of a stand up comedy/celebrity interview show. Kind of difficult to explain what the show was about. It was just a talk show. Here's a picture of Jay, he is well-know for his giant chin :p:
    [​IMG]

Anyway, for a reason I'm not too sure about, he got kicked off from his show and has been replaced by some other guy, Jimmy Fallon. He's all right, but he tries too hard. I had been wanting to go see him live in NY in a year or two, but now this happens. Sucks -_-

Another thing. Mötley Crüe, The Heavy Metal hair band from the 80s. My favorite or second favorite band (it fluctuates between them and AC/DC). Now what is considered heavy metal today is not like heavy metal 30 years ago. It was actually good back then (not trying to start any fights between me and those of you who like HM today);); I just think music was better back then (and it’s the only type I listen to: classic music). They announced a week ago that they are going on their last tour and they will break up after it. At least I have a chance to go see them perform. Luckily, they will be playing in a town close by. I would post some videos up here of some of my favorite songs by them, but I am not familiar on how to do so.:eek:hwell:

Anyway, is there any show, band, product, or anything that does not fit into any of these categories that has been cancelled or cut that you guys wish would make a comeback?

#1 NuclearWastE3, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm not sure what you mean by "these categories", but I'll say that I want Breaking Benjamin to go back together and continue making their fabulous music. Too bad they, a while ago, decided to be breaking up. See what I did there? :p

3. NuclearWastE3

Regular

what I meant by "these categories" is that if for some weird reason what/or whom you want to come back does not fit into a band, show, or product, then feel free to mention it. You always think I have some subliminal message behind my words :lol:. Like the time you went on vaction and I had asked you if you ate a lot of shrimp. Still don't know what you thought I was asking you and I don't think I want to know :shocked:.

Ha ha ha, I saw what you did there:p. Did you ever go to any of their concerts?

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I was preety pissed when they took the castle of tv i guess

5. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey! I like Jimmy Fallon! And are you sure Leno was really kicked out of the show? Or he left on his own accord?

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

They've been my favorite band since.... Since I can remember :D
    Since the first fat black Xbox was the top-tech gaming equippment. Started with me hearing their song Blow Me Away in Halo2 on the Xbox, and ever since, they've been my favorite band. Must be around eleven years or so now?

Anyway, my point being: As far as I know, they haven't been in Norway a single time in all these years, if they ever have at all. And I don't leave the country just to see my favorite band play at some concert.

And no, you don't want to know what I thought you meant when you asked if I had eaten a lot of shrimp :D

7. It just doesn't.

At least it's not cancelled outright like all good shows.

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

According to Jay, he was getting kicked off; so I took his word for it. But now I've decided to look into it a supposedly he was asked to step down (plus he got a years worth of pay), "Hey you old geezer, get the f#&$ out of here so someone much younger can replace you!" :D

But don't get me wrong, Jimmy is great and still makes me laugh, sometimes; but like I said before, he tries too hard to be funny, and he shouldn't have to. I'm sure I'll eventually being to watch him on a regular basis, though. What's your favorite thing about Jimmy's show? Mine is between late night superlatives and his thank you notes. :laugh:

There was this other show I was getting fond of watching that was cancceled all of a sudden. It was pretty crappy at the beginning, but then it started to get good at the end. It was called Siberia. It reminded me a bit of stalker, but crappy stalker. :D

#8 NuclearWastE3, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  9. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that it doesn't at all. At least some shows (like South Park) get broadcasted elsewhere, even with decent translations from what I heard.

10. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Raven on cbbc, that was the greatest programme ever and also ashes to ashes, that was a damn good series and I'd recommend people to look it up

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

My parents love Motley Crue.

Myself, Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne are good. I like modern folk metal, some modern HM, but mostly really musical stuff like Turisas, Rhapsody of Fire, Folkstone, and Eluveitie.

Music was better back then, I agree. Or less useless bands, anyhow ;)

12. adamclark375

adamclark375 Member

"The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" show was my favorite too