Turbo Kid

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by NuclearWastE3, Jun 23, 2015.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

[​IMG]
    A friend of mine showed me a movie trailer for Turbo Kid: an upcoming movie set a in a post-apocalyptic world where a comicbook-crazed-kid (teenage looking guy) takes the position of a wasteland superhero. His inspiration comes from a comic book character known only as Turbo Rider. From what I understood, it was originally produced, as an independent short film, for the Sundance Film Festival, in Canada. I'm not sure if the initial producer(s) are behind the theatrical version or if it was instead picked up and done by someone else. Either way, Hobo With a Shotgun was also sent in, by a team of Canadians, as a movie-short for the Sundance Film Festival -back before it became an official and recognized movie. Turbo Kid has been, apparently, released in Canada and a few selected theaters (I'm not entirely sure on this claim though). It's suppose to hit theaters, everywhere else, on August 28th.

Hmm, well, here's the trailer. WARNING, the trailer contains blood, gore, and violence; such as the impalement and decapitation of heads, exploding bodies, and some guy getting his lower jaw ripped off. Viewers have been warned:
    [YOUTUBE]UyBUYmUnNCw[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the original short film submitted to the Sundace Film Festival. WARNING, video contains blood, gore, and violence; such exploding heads, heads being cut in half, guy being disemboweled and then kicked in half, guy getting struck on the head with a propeller, and a guy getting injured by makeshift boomerang. Viewers have been warned:
    [YOUTUBE]lBL0vPheNwM[/YOUTUBE]

#1 NuclearWastE3, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  2. I saw the original a while back, it was nice but also quite meh. I assume everyone and their mother will make faux 80s movies now, after Kung Fury's success.

I got the track from the ending credits though, so there is that.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Delightfully stupid and I loved all the over-the-top practical effects, but it doesn't look quite as awesome as Hobo with a Shotgun or Kung Fury.

The trailer for the new longer version wasn't as cool though, especially since it looked less "exploitation-ly". Plus the lead actor is worse than in the original short film - he's too much of a chłoptaś (sorry, can't think of an English equivalent) as opposed to the previous guy who acted the nerdy part much better and in a more cheesy way.

Still, I can't really judge it from the trailer alone. If I got a chance to see it then I probably would, could still be entertaining.

4. NuclearWastE3

Regular

True that :laugh:. Kung Furry is in a league of its own.
    Noice.

Yeah, the trailer was rather clean and lacked some of the gritty simple structure of the sort film.
    And I did a Polish to English Google translation for chłoptaś and the word generated was "lad." I guess the best description ,for the actor, would fit under as a prepubescent hero. :p

#4 NuclearWastE3, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Exactly.

Sort of. Though I don't think I've ever heard chłoptaś being used in a positive way like lad often is, especially when referring to young adults. To me it stinks of 14-year-old popstars and the styles they make fashionable. :p

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

:lol:

King of chłoptaś:
    [​IMG]

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Eeeexactly.