Tower Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Rivitur, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Doesn't work for me right now, just freezes my Xbox the second I click on it.

2. Rushnerd

Rushnerd Member

Works now, content downloaded. Now the issue is IT'S SO DAMN HARD.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

4. lebbers

lebbers Well-Known Member

Well, having given this DLC a spin, I can only imagine the kind of obsessive pedant a person would have to be to actually play through this garbage.

Still hopeful for the Developer and Chronicles packs, though.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

erm....can someone tell me where I get amo? I run out and die at the second wave? I can see claymores and grenades show up on a tool tip but can't seem to select them. I think I'm going crazy :shocked:

6. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

On those tools, you need to buy it (around 25 -30 mg) or there already lies ammo. Everytime you get three packs of ammo.

Anyone knows a good tactic to beat the nosalises at the second round? I'm stuck already :/

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'm playing n easy and finding it incredibly difficult. I must have the wrong tactics. I'll wait for komodo to upload a video too figure out where I'm going wrong.

8. Because_I'm_Batman

It is kinda difficult. I'm only playing on normal and I find it can be frustrating at times. Anyway Hoencoper, which nosalis level are you talking about? The one with darkness as a challenge or whatever? For that one I just held out at the back of the map and if I felt like there were too many I just ran in circles around the map to reload and/or heal because nosalis can't keep up with you at full sprint.

9. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

DLC was certainly interesting. I really liked the opportunity to try out all of the weapons in the game, like getting to use to Preved and Volt Driver more.

I actually had a lot of fun with this pack; the levels seem well thought-out, and I really enjoyed the ability to summon allies to fight alongside you. The ability for humans to open up new spawn areas is a simple yet game-changing mechanic, and I love how on all of the levels, you're constantly being pushed back little by little in order to stay alive, and the final wave of the final level was absolute chaos. There's nothing quite like firing a minigun in slow motion, backing slowly through a minefield of claymores as a huge hoard of Nosalises and Librarians swarm you, being slowly backed into a corner, wondering when your minigun is going to run out, and somehow managing to pull through. It was incredibly short, but I had a good amount of fun. Curious as to where I can find the leaderboards.

And yeah, in the levels with Nosalises, you can kinda run around and eventually some kind of timer seems to end the wave eventually, but you lose a lot of points from doing so, and if you get nailed too much by the screamers then you can't really move.

#30 Potarto, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  10. Skaara Dreadlocks

From the moment I heard there's gonna be an online leaderboard, I knew that Komodo would be on it.

[​IMG]

11. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

That's exactly what happens the whole time and gets me killed on al the three nosalis challenges. Well, then I just have to keep trying.

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I can imagine it being much easier on PC. Without maybe those Kontrol Freaks or whatever, I just can't balance my sensitivity high enough to focus on both the screamers and the normal ones.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Uh, okay. I recently reinstalled Windows7, everything, removed dust.... You'd believe my PC should run faster and smoother, but everything is much more laggy and much more buggy. I can't play Last Light with more than Eight FPS or so :lol:
    So, I'm just gonna wait until Monday, I'm gonna buy a new motherboard and grapchics card and some other stuff..

14. TotalAaron

:sad: thats how my hp pavillion died

15. TotalAaron

Or i could you know import Kommodo

16. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I still haven't gotten the other DLCs :sad:

17. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

So is the Tower worth getting?

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Probably not, if you haven't pre-purchased the whole Season Pass.
    But I'm not going to say anything for certain, as I haven't actually played it.
    Then again, it is in fact very cheap. It's not like it'd be a "omg huge loss of moneyz!"