Tower Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Rivitur, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Rivitur

Rivitur Member

http://www.polygon.c[LIST=1] [/LIST...mulator. Release Date: Sept 3 Price: 4.99

#1 Rivitur, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

Do you think that "all weapons" includes DLC guns? Because I REALLY want to test out the VSSK.

3. greenman19

greenman19 Member

Poor, Metro's gameplay is alright but it's biggest draw is in the atmosphere and character. Kshatriya was great, semi-free roaming environment with the same great atmosphere, and genuinely tense at times.

Glad I didn't go for season pass.

4. Because_I'm_Batman

To be totally honest I really like what I read in that description of the DLC. Sure I love the atmosphere of metro, but at the same time I love when developers do these "for shits and giggles" type DLC so as to give us something different, yet still fun. A perfect example is Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption. Red Dead is a serious and even sometimes dramatic game, but Undead Nightmare was totally out there and almost a joke DLC. And yet Undead is considered one of the best DLC's of all time. I'm not saying this will be on the same level as Undead Nightmare, but it seems like it'll be a lot fun. My only complaint is that the Virtual reality seems a bit out of place even in a DLC such as this.

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

DLC's are a great place for developers to try new things. The Faction pack was really a sample platter within a sample platter, and they got to see how people reacted to various things they tried. And while the idea of technology that doesn't even really exist today being functional post-nuclear apocalypse, I don't really think there's any better explanation. Looks interesting, guess we'll have to wait and see.

6. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

Well this looks... Interesting. I do trust 4A to deliver good content though.

7. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I'll enjoy this because I always did stealth in the campaign and never fully experienced the fighting mechanics unless Reich counts but it doesn't

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Uhm.... I hate to be a whiner, but for once I'm gonna say that this looks like utter bullsh*t o_O
    Although I still absolutely love the story, atmosphere, characters etc., I have the feeling that I've grown some kind of despise towards fighting enemies in Metro, specifically mutants. I didn't enjoy Last Light as much as 2033, and I think that's because Last Light was a lot... scarier, more intimidating as a challenge. I enjoyed Easy much more than Ranger Hardcore. I was just tense and nervous when playing RHC, so I think I'm gonna go easy on this one, just like always before.

9. BLY4

BLY4 Well-Known Member

What he said 0_0

10. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I felt like normal hardcore was much more fun than Ranger in LL, largely because mutants seem to take more shots yet kill you in around the same amount.

And also because I still can't get over the lack of inventory system on Ranger.

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

what time tomorrow will this release, so I can VPN in? :D

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I think i will skip this one

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've already paid for it, long before the first DLC came out, so.. :D

14. TheDarknessEnvelops

How can I describe it nicely............ it's not fun in the slightest

15. XKaan

XKaan Active Member

I'm at work so I won't be able to play until later tonight. Can you elaborate a bit?

16. The Last Ranger

Anyone playing the Tower Pack on Ranger Hardcore? It's very difficult. So difficult, I think I may have to restart my save file and bump the difficulty down to Hard or Ranger.

Don't get me wrong, I did the entire Faction Pack in RHC, but by definition, you shouldn't be able to survive in open combat in Ranger Hardcore... which is what the Tower Pack is about.

17. TheDarknessEnvelops

How can I elaborate, it's a lot like bioshock infinites dlc, it's made an entire dlc based on one of it's weakest mechanics and is not fun at all

18. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

I just got the Tower pack and it's not working. The second I click on it in the chapters menu the game crashes into desktop without an error.

19. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

games updating now. Will try it out soon :D