Top China earners

Discussion in 'MMORPG Forums - Site News' started by CrownedClown, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but I'm genuinely interested in this news. I was surfing around and stumbled upon this official statistics of the top 10 earning games in China. I'm sure that A LOT of you(including me) will be surprised when you see it.

[​IMG]

So I can't comment on the first game since I've never played it or even heard of it however I definitely am shocked by the fact that LINEAGE I made more money than World of Warcraft...
    Also another major surprise is Star Wars: The Old Republic and even bigger surprise Team Fortress 2. To be honest I've always overlooked SWTOR especially after it went free to play, but this chart is changing my opinion about the game. I was kinda expecting that they would shut it down soon, but if their earnings for China alone are that big then I guess they are doing fine collectively.

Still this chart is a bit strange since those earnings are supposed to be based on free to play games, but we all know that World of Warcraft isn't such a game. Is by any chance WoW in China free to play lol?

Anyway what are your thoughts guys? Any surprises or you think this ranking is perfectly normal.