Quantcast

Too Similar To Destiny?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 3, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Don't worry. Knowing Ubisoft, they'll come back at it soon with the advertising. ;)

After all these delays it MUST be ready at this point. I think they're just adjusting and balancing things out until the release.

2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Haven't played Destiny for an extensive amount of time, I highly doubt this game will be like Destiny. I feel like Destiny started out great, and then halfway through they kind of ran out of ideas or decided they were going to sell the rest of the actual game as an expansion or something. Everything is incredibly repetitive, including the "storyline." I don't see this as a problem for The Divison, so far.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It'll be difficult to tell, but I think you're absolutely right. I think other gaming companies learn from mistakes made, and perhaps Ubisoft will take a long look at Destiny and try to steer clear of that mishap. I can't say that I've played Destiny, but you can't go very far in video game forums and websites without hearing people bring it up (including here) so I think I get a good enough sense. If as a common gamer I'm aware of Destiny, you'd think Ubi is watching closely.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I think Ubisoft is going to take the good ideas from that game if they're smart. Because Destiny is not all that bad. Sure there are people who hate it, but it's also loved and played everyday so there must be something they're doing right.

5. Maelalove

I can agree to that. I mean, I initially played the game. I played countless hours at first. So I personally already proved your point with that. I'm just not sure what aspects they will really want to take. I know it's played a lot right now, but I think they had an expansion pack come out recently, didn't they? I don't know if that fixed any of the previous concerns, but I would presume it would have.

6. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

There has been a lot of talk about this lately.... Apparently the team behind The Division has been closely watching Destiny to ensure they don't have the same issues... Here's hoping...

7. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

From what I understand, the expansion pack helped (and potentially) saved the game. That's what I hear anyway... I personally have never played it, but it seems like you can't go on any entertainment website or forum without hearing about Destiny.

Yeah, the amount of press and scrutiny that Destiny has been under since it was announced is crazy, so Ubi would be really dumb not to learn from that game's mistakes. Especially when The Division is constantly compared to Destiny in pretty much every forum and/or blog post about it.

Maelalove likes this.
  8. Maelalove

I heard that too about the xpac. But at the same time, the people that told me that, were people who really liked the game before the xpac anyway. They were super biased to start with, and were even more obsessed after the xpac was released. So I have no idea.

Cyborg Superman likes this.