Quantcast

Too much hate for the 3rd

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

The hate for this game is well deserved, everybody had high expectactions for the end of the trilogy and saying it underdelivered would be an understatement.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I don't HATE the game I was just severely disappointed in it as an RPG. I feel like the third game pitched out so many of the RPG features that it become a plain old shooter but for those of us who had played the first two games we still wanted to stick it through to the end.

3. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I loved the game as a whole. The ending is the one part that I disliked and because a game's ending is a pretty big thing, it brought down the entire game. People forgot about how well and fun the game is as soon as they saw the ending and started bashing it. All the other merits kind of got overshadowed by the horrible ending.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

For me it wasn't so much the ending... it was the whole game. Yes the ending wasn't anything spectacular but it alone wasn't enough to make me not like the 3rd one.

It just didn't have the same feel as the two first ones. I don't know what it was exactly... somehow I just didn't get immersed in the game world. Quite frankly, if ME3 would have been a separate game instead of being a part of this amazing series, I wouldn't have finished it. I only played until the end because I loved the previous games so much and wanted to see this whole thing through.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I've played one and two but not the third one yet because the idea of Shepard and a lot of other life forms dying didn't make me want to pick up the game. But the Extended Cut DLC gives you some slightly more hopeful endings and your friends aren't stranded on a jungle planet waiting to starve to death. So I'll likely play it now that they made changes to the endings.

6. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

It is still a great game. Gameplay all works well and is one of the better Third Person Shooters available to buy and the story is grand a tale, Admittedly the ending is disappointing but that doesn't stop it from being a great series of video games. I got in to heated debate with a friend who is in all honesty a bit of a hot-headed troll that doesn't like anyone disagreeing with him, who believes that the ending alone ruins the series altogether and chooses to ignore the fun that he had with game up until the ending.

Mass Effect 1 is a bit of a work in progress but it laid the foundation for a stellar sequel, and Mass Effect raised the stakes story wise, improved the game-play mechanics and added a surprisingly fun multi-player mode

7. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I think a lot of the hate for Mass Effect 3 is deserved. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, it's just wildly underwhelming, especially when the previous games have built up this epic universe and narrative, and the game basically ends on a whimper. The ending is just horribly disappointing, and the fact that they had to fix it with free DLC is basically proof of that. That said, the core gameplay and mechanics are still fun, and the game is still worth playing, despite the faults with the narrative.