Quantcast

Time For A Dissidia Reboot?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by DeeDee, Jan 29, 2016.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I initially was a but dismissive of this game because I wasn't really a hardcore fan of Final Fantasy to begin with, but after finally buying the game on PSP after getting hooked on Crisis Core, I was very pleasantly surprised and I ended up finishing the whole game in a short period of time which rarely happens because it I takes a lot to get me to obsess over a game. This game for me was almost perfect and I'd love to see an updated version of it for modern consoles, so I thought I'd ask around here and see if there's anyone who agrees with me. If you disagree, feel free to voice your opinion here as well of course.

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know if we need a reboot, but I'd be happy to see another instalment. Dissidia is fun. It gave me more or less what I wanted out of Kingdom Hearts, which is to say, epic, non-turn-based battles against characters from the Final Fantasy franchise.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Well, there is the new Dissidia that's an arcade game in Japan. It's supposed to be on PS4 and released to the States at some point. I've seen footage of the gameplay, and it looks amazing. It'll be the first Dissidia to not be on PSP. Still, we haven't heard anything in terms of story, or even the final roster of characters for the console version. So there are still a lot of unknowns pertaining to the new Dissidia. Nevertheless, I'm still all for it.

DeeDee likes this.
  4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I'd like the one they're making in Japan for arcades, I'd be perfectly fine with that one instead of a complete reboot. There's even Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics!

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Oh, shoot, I completely forgot about that reveal. Wasn't that long ago, either. His face looks weird to me, but I think that's because I'm used to seeing him without a nose.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't know about this, thanks! I've just looked it up and it seems like they are planning on releasing it on ps4 this year in the US. I can't wait and I hope it is as good as I remember it.