THQ Why Do You Have No Press Conference at E3?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by majnu, Jun 5, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

**RANT MODE ON**

So now in Febuary 2013 we will have bioshock infinite, aliens colonial marines, dead space 3, and now crysis 3. All which received rapturous applause and were showcased by their respective publishers.

But where was THQ? Apart from EA stealing UFC from THQ and South Park being shown. THQ and their games are going un-noticed to the wider world.

E3 is a memorable occasion and not showing a game like Metro Last Light which only got a brief mention on GT by Naughty Dog co-founder Jason Rubin who has joined THQ as President you're just not getting any presence at all.

Then to top it off geoff keighley compared the game to COD. With Last Light now expecting to clash with the release of well known games as previously mentioned, why aren't you giving the game the E3 presence it deserves to the World? :mad:

**RANT MODE OFF**

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

In all aspects, I agree. To be honest, Geoff probably hasn't played the game if he's comparing it to CoD, and I can't fathom why THQ wouldn't take the opportunity to show off Last Light's multiplayer. But hey, the expo ends on the 7th, so we have some time!

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I'm watchin the link where the guy compares Last Light to CoD just so it will boil my blood...

5. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

The "niche" that that d-bag is talking about with 4A and Metro Last Light is homogenizing it to make it appeal to CoD players, and dulling it down so little kids will understand it and put it on a competing level with CoD. All he has to realize, for instance if he had played Metro for more than the past week, is that the combat system in 2033 is so sophisticated compared to all of the war games that it had any non-hardcore player in tears from difficulty, (whereas the hardcore players were in tears of joy because of the sheer level of awesomeness) I already don't like this guy from what he has said about Metro. Yes I am glad it is getting some light shown on it, but I am afraid that the more popular it gets, the more mainstream it will become. Imma chargin' mah lazers!!!!!! /rant

Jeez...I've never been so violently protective over a game before... Thanks for boiling my blood today majnu :p

#5 Pip314, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Let your blood boil :lol:

It's stupid comparing Metro to COD. It's a different genre, it has a unique play style, visually it is an insult to even compare it to COD.

Homefront 2 I can understand if they wanted to compare it to the likes of Battlefield or COD, but not Metro.

It only goes to show Jason Rubin hasn't got a f'ing clue about the games he is representing and as the President of THQ it is an embarrassment.

What an insult to all the hard work done by the guys at 4A.

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

But Jason Ruben should have corrected the guy, instead of being a sheep dog.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I doubt we will see anything, everything is showing behind closed doors a Gamespot informer told me

9. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Heh. Impressive. But in regards to one of your last comments: 4A Games is never going to change Last Light to be more "mainstream". It just won't happen. They aren't like Infinity Ward, they aren't like Treyarch... they're 4A Games, and we should all believe that they're going to deliver a kickass game.

That being said, any reviewer who compares Last Light to CoD should get a prompt kick in the balls. If you guys are willing, we can get a bunch of fans together and shoot some emails (POLITE!) and request that they amend their error. You know the power gaming communities have; just look at Mass Effect 3.

10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

It's a survival horror. Comparing the game to Half Life 2, Fallout (maybe) and Bioshock (which uses inventory management) makes more sense. Gamers are changing focus and trying new games. To compare Metro to Bioshock is a massive compliment and that game will sell in its millions too.

11. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Every COD after cod 4 was a 60 dollar expansion pack. You have the same gameplay. Many times the same guns, and with mw2 to mw3 the same engine. Just change the way the soldiers run ad like 4 new guns, put 5 new maps then over charge for maps that you made like 4 months ago and you got COD.

Metro on the other hand is a master piece. Game informer was the only game review mag that I think gave metro a good score. 9/10 was good. The game did have its flaws like any other game, but with last light that should be fixed. And hope the multiplayer is fun to. I like the mass effect 3 multiplayer so I hope that this will be good too.