THQ actually dead; what now?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by lebbers, Jan 7, 2013.

1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Lets calm down guys. Also lurkers im sure like m we 90% of us have complained. But we all know the companies wont listen. Its in human nature to complain when not appreciated. Wait why am I writing this when im trying to calm you guys down?

2. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

I am calm. As I said before, if I am angry I'll express it. Just as I expressed that I am slightly annoyed by all of this complaining.

3. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

For starters, you can keep your assumptions to yourself. Secondly, the only one bitching here, is you. Since you were clueless on why PC gamers dislike Ubisoft, I offered insight by backing up my complaints with facts. Not only that, but I was kind enough to provide you with a link to a service that actually makes a difference and of which I happen to be a member.

You, on the other hand, sit there on your arse. Clueless and annoyed. Bitching about gamers who are actually making a difference by raising legitimate complaints and financially supporting companies that don't treat consumers like sheep. Pot, meet kettle.
    We can either have a civilized discussion about it or you can keep being an angry little tit.

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Guys, let's keep it chill. Voice your complaints, maybe someone will take notice, maybe not. No use beating eachother up over it. We all want Metro Last Light and the franchise to be successful and enjoyable.

5. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Ironic, don't you think Cerberus?

I have tried to have civilized discussions. You on the other hand have used scarcasm, cursing, and disrespect to try and prove your point. But if that is what you see as a civilized conversation, so be it. Here it goes. I know I am not aware of the problems of PC gaming, but at least I am aware of where your voice needs to be heard, which is not here if you are too fucking arrogant and idiotic to realize. You have not tried to make a difference at all, so get off of your high horse. All I've seen you do is post your hate comments on this forum. I do not see what you are trying to accomplish here. There are no contact for EA, Ubisoft, or any other gaming company except THQ on this forum. As to why are you bitching about this shit on a place where it will never seen by the right pair of eyes is beyond me. I hope you know that in my eyes, it just makes you look like a person who has so much rage inside of him that he must come out onto the internet and vent anywhere he has a voice. This is the kind of behavior you'd expect from an adolescent. You are actually having a temper tamtrum on the forum. That is sad and pathetic behavior coming from a grown man (I assume). Now how about you stop sitting on your arse and get on the right forums if you wish to have your voice heard. Becase quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing you bitch. Keetle, meet shut the fuck up :)

I am done with this conversation. I will say nothing more. I tried to have a civilized conversation, but the way you forced your voice has brought me down to your level so you can hear mine. I hope you see your arrogance.

#65 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  6. cerberus

There, now we can ignore each other in peace.

7. dahksinol

dahksinol Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I don't know why, but I think this whole thing's a battle between Bad versus Worse. EA, Capcom, Activision, 3arc are not in my favored list. I would however be fine with Ubisoft, despite being a PC Gamer, though then again, most of the games I played that they did were in the consoles. *shrugs*

I'm okay with Bethesda or Obsidian though, and would really prefer them over the above mentioned. Though, then again, I'm not sure whether they were the Dev teams or the Publishers.

Valve is... I'm just going to say, I dislike Valve for personal reasons I don't like discussing.

But when worse comes to worse, I'll still get Last Light, one way or another. No matter who gets this game, I will still play it, because I love the series itself, and if it dies, well at least I can tell the n00bs who play the next consecutive Metro games, the carbon copies of CoD, that I lived in the Golden Age of Metro, and not in some poop-fudger era of poop.

EDIT: Though, I'd really think it'd be a stupid move for ANY publisher to force Metro:Last Light into another dev team's hands. I doubt it'd make a difference, atleast, from what I understand.

#67 dahksinol, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Don't forget Double Fine might have a say in the auction.

#68 GoodLordApollo, Jan 20, 2013
  9. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I have a slightly love/hate relationship with Ubisoft. I loved Far Cry 3, and have played Rainbow Six Vegas a lot, but I hate when they screw up. Like how Far Cry 3's multiplayer is sort of screwed up (very long load times, getting put into empty lobbies, etc).

I don't think that the change from Metro to Cod would be that fast. I mean, when changing it, they want to maintain the core audience.

10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Origin have now added the digital game to their store as a pre-order so that should have more of a say than Gamestop.;)

Edit - Crap, the penny just dropped. I hope that doesn't indicate EA have their eyes on it.

#70 majnu, Jan 20, 2013
  11. cerberus

My thoughts exactly...

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Noooooooooooo! Even if ea gets metro and doesnt screw it up then im okay. But obligatory origin would suck.

13. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes,i am well aware of the fact that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 has been frozen.However, that doesn't mean there won't be any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in the future.
    What i was saying is that if GSC are in need of manpower and 4A are in need of funds maybe they can help each other out.

To be honest any major publisher would ruin the franchise.EA-Origin,rushed or unfinished games,closing down "underperforming" studios,Ubisoft-always online DRM,shitty console ports,anti-pc politics.Activision...well,we all know what they do with their franchises.Like someone else said "I think this whole thing's a battle between Bad versus Worse".
    I'm hoping for a less known and hungry publisher.

#73 Keegan83, Jan 20, 2013
  14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I find it hard that a publisher will ruin the game. Look at it at the moment, it's an 8 hour game which costs $60. That's hardly value for money. At least a big publisher would have got multiplayer or co-op included or even lengthened the campaign. 4A needs a publisher with focus and great hyperbole marketing because if the game doesn't sell then it will be shelved.

15. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Maybe the new developers (whoever they may be) will realize that the game doesn't contain enough content (as you have just stated Majnu) and push for the developing of the multiplayer to get more from the title.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

And make it tacked on cod multiplayer.oh joy of joys.
    But seriously I doubt a puslisher would change anything for ll. But if theres mire ganes based on the other books. Oh lord.......

17. Keegan83

Regular

Lenghten the campaign? Really?
    Yes, i think a publisher can totaly destroy a game.Even worse-they can destroy a studio.
    Square Enix forced multiplayer in Just Cause 2,just like EA forced multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 2/3 and Ubisoft in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.WB games demanded significant changes to Monolith's F.E.A.R. 2 and wanted co-op for F.E.A.R. 3. F.E.A.3. 3 sold less than 400k copies effectively killing the franchise.Activision ruined Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines,EA ruined the C&C franchise.The list goes on.

18. GoodLordApollo

I know one good game EA has, The Saboteur.

19. Keegan83

Regular

Yep.Pandemic were closed down after the release of The Saboteur.

20. GoodLordApollo

Aww, I liked Pandemic.

When will we find out about the auction.

#80 GoodLordApollo, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
: sale, thq