Quantcast

This gаmе...

Discussion in 'Civilization: Beyond Earth' started by Goodman, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

Is аmаzing. Suсh а shаmе wе wоn't sее аnоthеr еxpаnsiоn!
    I mеаn it just fееls sо mystеriоus. I fееl intimidаtеd whеn stаrting thе gаmе. It fееls likе lаnding оn а nеw plаnеt indееd! I lоvе аll thе fеаturеs likе wаr sсоrе аnd diplо аnd (I hаvе yеt tо try it) wаtеr сitiеs. аffinitiеs tоо - thе idеа thаt thеrе аrе аffinitiеs thаt rеflесt hоw yоu trеаt thе nеw plаnеt yоu аrrivе оn, with viсtоry typеs tо mаtсh.
    It rеаlly is аn аmаzing gаmе!
    I hаvе 70 hоurs оn it sо fаr :) -
    I just wish thеy hаd а wаy tо mutе thе gаmе аudiо whеn yоu аlt+tаb оut оf it. оr аt lеаst а mаstеr аudiо slidеr!

2. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

Yea I really love it also, the music and that tone of mysteriousness too! Also yea, the affinities are also a good thing for the game as well. Personally my favorite would be Supremacy since it just seems like the logical choice.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Beyond Earth isn't my favorite Civilization game but I wouldn't say it's a bad title at all. I loved the concept and atmosphere, plus I'm a big sci-fi geek too so that helped. I feel like the gameplay was lackluster though.

4. jasonr299x

jasonr299x Active Member Regular

Yeah, I think a lot of people gave Before Earth flak for no reason. I haven't played it myself, but I have watched a lot of videos of people playing it. It honestly looks like a really fun experience, and like you said, there's just something strange about it. The overall tone of the game is really mysterious and I can't help but be compelled when watching other people play. It really is a shame that more people haven't given the game a chance, because there were some really cool ideas in it.

My favorite idea is definitely water cities, I've rarely seen games implement ideas like that before. However, I'm still not quite sure what affinity is. It's kind of a difficult idea for me to grasp, but maybe it's just because I prefer leaving videos of the game on in the background, rather than focusing on it completely.

And to answer your question about muting the game when it's in the background, I'm pretty sure there's an option for that in the audio settings menu. At least, there's one in Civ 5. If that doesn't work, or if the option isn't there, you can try making the game fullscreen instead of borderless or windowed. This makes it so that when you alt-tab out, the game should keep running, but it won't have the sound playing when you're doing something else on your computer. That's the way I play Civ 5 and I honestly think it helps a lot.

5. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Well, out of everything I really loved the part where you say "how to treat the new planet where we arrive on" seems like you're a very ecologist person or I am probably wrong but who cares, I am going off topic but I really like your opinion about the game itself, it really is a good game if you really like the space and such things of that nature.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I really appreciated how they tried to change things up for this version but somehow it didn't get picked up by fans of the series all that much so I am glad to see it getting some praise here. I wouldn't consider it my favorite version but I did like it somewhat and I like that they are trying to add some variety and I'm hing they don't get discouraged by poor sales because it is a good game.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

i think if there is enough interests in it they might launch a squeal. I still think that they should have started a whole new genera and simply used civilizations to plug it.

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Before Earth has a perfect and balanced game world! Great work!

9. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

The credit actually goes to the amazing team of developers because they did a perfect job. Thank you developer team for making such a great game.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I do agree with the post about the music and the mysterious nature of the game at certain points. I tend to like that sort of thing and it worked here and added a nice element to the game.