Quantcast

The Unfinished Worlds

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by sorrowscall, Jan 13, 2015.

1. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hears games always seem to leave one or two things unfinished due to copyright issues or lack of time. One of these things is often the unfinished worlds that are accessible through cheat codes. For example, Mickey's Castle. This seems like a place to discuss and speculate on those areas.

2. GoldenWing

GoldenWing Member

The only unused world I know was Pinocchio's World for 358/2 Days, which doesn't seem to have a lot of information. The idea itself is interesting, though. I wouldn't have minded playing in it.

3. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I wonder why they never bothered finishing the Pinocchio world? doesn't that pretty much belong to Disney to begin with? I wonder if they were just pressed for time on the matter or if it just didn't fit the theme of the game.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Levels get added into games and then not taken out after the ideas are removed from the actual story on a regular basis. This happens with all games, and it's not surprising that it's happened with Kingdom Hearts.

5. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see Pinocchios world. Hopefully they will add that in Kingdom Hearts 3.

6. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

The unfinished worlds are extremely frustrating. I mean, just take the time to take it completely out instead of wasting our time playing it and realizing it isn't finished.

7. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

I was not aware of any unfinished worlds, but I guess apparently Pinocchio was unfinished in the DS game. It really isn't unusual and these companies usually have strict timelines for release dates. There are so many times that a chink of a game has to be scrapped because they will not be able to complete it before the release date.

8. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I remember that there's an unfinished Jungle Book level hidden in the Birth by Sleep files. Some areas of it look pretty complete and nice, but they probably ran into licensing/time issues.

9. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Tell me about it. It feels like a huge tease to me and it's even worse since I have little to no skills in modding. If I had the skills as well as the computer and programs necessary, I would just finish the level myself and download the mod file for everyone to enjoy.

10. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Pinocchio did end up in Dream Drop Distance. (And this is coming to PS4 in Kingdom Hearts 2.8) Jungle Book is one of the cut levels from Birth By Sleep (and I imagine we'll see it one day elsewhere), and Woody and Buzz were cut summons in KH2, so perhaps we'll see their world one day too.

Mickey's Castle = Disney Castle.