The Save System

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by RedJacketMan, Feb 3, 2012.

1. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think they should do one of two things for Metro Last Light: either make it so you can save anywhere or make the checkpoints very frequent. I felt that when I got to a big fight, I'd have to go over a lot of the difficult things I just did. Any thoughts?

2. scar_47

scar_47 Member

I'm still amazed that every game doesn't allow you to save whenever you want for the gamers convalesce at least , I have to agree that we either need to be able to save whenever or have frequent checkpoints there were a few spot in 2033 where you'd have long difficult sections with no checkpoints making them very frustrating because you'd die and know you were looking at another 30 plus minutes before you could save.

3. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

But this would make the game too easy and theres is a high possibility that you will miss hidden spots by having on the spot save.

4. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

I have to agree with vlad here. I liked the challenge alot by having a few saving spots, reminds me of the old days :3

5. the1stwasted

the1stwasted Member

Or, a limited number of saves per level. Other games have done this in the past.

In any case, PC gamers should not have to suffer because of crappy port jobs.
    if a game is released on PC, then it should have all PC functions, not only half of them.

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never had a really big problem with the save system, it was frequent enough to be playable. I think Metro is a dangerous game to let people save when they will. You can get shot/attacked at almost any time, and if the player happens to save just before a fatal hit, his/her entire game would be screwed. But, if they give the ability to make seperate saves at the end of a level, so that we can go back for achievements/different paths, yep, that would be great!

7. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Reminds me of The Punisher, all the saves u had where at the end of a section, if you died u had to redo the eniter section xD

8. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

It does make it more difficult, but its frustrating. Lets say you clear out this large area of enemies, and that in itself takes you a while. But you step on a trap and next thing you know you need to start over. I just think it would be cool if you could save anywhere, and maybe have X amount of times to save, or something.

9. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Metro is for pros,you must watch your steps and when you pull the trigger, think twice act once.

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Remember the game "Black"? In that shooter, saves were only every one or two hours... and in the meantime, the gunplay was so intense that dying was always just a bullet away. Man, that last mission... :) Far out. Metro 2033 is a breeze with it's saves.