Quantcast

The Next Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by Gyrfalcon, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon Member

I'm sure everyone has heard tell of a fourth Mass Effect coming out in the future. Judging from little snippets of rumor here and there, it's suspected to be a sequel rather than a prequel.

Many fans felt betrayed due to the ending of their third installment in the trilogy. With this in mind, are you going to risk giving this fourth game a shot?

I personally am open minded at this point. Bioware might surprise me and redeem itself with fascinating new visions and depth but then again, it might take the route so many games are taking these days and turn into a generic mess of space stuff. Obviously, I'm hoping for the former considering I loved the emotional attachments that were made in the previous games.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I hope that if there is a fourth game. They don't continue in the direction the third began heading into, I didn't hate the game, I hated the direction it was going. If they continue that sort of thinking, I don't think the series has a future.

3. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

If they do decide to make a 4th game, I just hope it's nothing like the 3rd one.
    ME3 was a huge disappointment and it was merely a TPS because they removed most of the RPG elements form the previous games. I hope they just decide to take the good features from the first and the second game and start to improve things from there.

4. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

I've been wondering on this one myself. I've heard mention from some source ( I think it might be official) That the game will take place as a sequel, but no mention has been made as to whether or not you'll be playing as Shep. This is a really difficult thing to ascertain since there will be an engine change and it's likely that the devs will respond to all of the fans and their indoctrination theory hypothesis.

5. jbeavis100

No, they have said that Shep's story is done and the protagonist will be a different person. This was established quite a while ago..

6. courageoflions

Whoops, I'm sorry. I don't follow these things too well and my memory was pretty foggy. Give me a break, eh, Joredansz? : D

7. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon Member

It's suppose that it's possible bits of the previous trilogy will be expanded on or mentioned over the course of this new one. Considering that it's probably going to be set post-Reapers and taking into account the huge role Shepard played, I'd imagine there would at least be legends and tales here and there.

8. devilishomar

devilishomar Active Member

I probably won't expect much out of four especially after three. Though three had it's pros, it had a lot of cons which were pretty outrageous if you ask me. Who knows, they might've learned from three and have listened to our complaints and improved them in four. It's all a matter of time.

9. jbeavis100

Sadly I highly doubt that. Considering they took mass effect 2 and made it worse. Mass Effect 2 was pretty much the best of the whole series with the way it played and the characters. Hopefully they do but bioware rarely seems to listen these days. I mean it took them ages before they listened to fans about swtor's horrid space combat.

10. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I think it would be cool if you were just a regular dude instead of savior of the galaxy. Would love to just explore the alien cities like the Asari capital. Would be nice if they put a spin on it like Dragon Age: Origins where you get a hefty intro story that plays into late game as well.

11. OmarFW

OmarFW Well-Known Member Regular

Everyone is a bit stingy about the Mass Effect 3 ending being such a blatant slap in the face to the hardcore fans who had been waiting for the epic conclusion to THEIR story, not just a bunch of preset ending options. Of course they are going to make a 4th one. EA isn't so stupid that they wouldn't milk it for every dime it's worth, but it's going to be a while. If it released right now it would fall upon heavy scrutiny about the most minute of flaws from pissed off fanboys. Much like how Dragon Age 3 will undergo the same scrutiny when it is released. If it isn't up to par, the fans will pretty much abandon the series at that point.

12. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

The main story is done or that is what I heard it would be cool to see some new DLC's though!

13. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I'll reserve my judgment until more info is released. Right now I'm not sure if I can accept another protagonist just yet after Shepard. I'll have to see what kind of person is this new protagonist.

14. jbeavis100

I want to play as an asari. I think it would be amazing.

15. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

It's apparently already in a playable state, according to some rep... or I read something like that recently, anyway.

Let's hope they don't mess up the ending this time around, eh?

16. courageoflions

Perhaps you could play as an STG salarian or something, that would be awesome!

17. courageoflions

I have no idea what to expect, but I will hope for the best.

18. jbeavis100

Yeah, I think that's kinda the state we are all in at the moment. In order to really start a new story I firmly believe the next protagonist needs to be a non-human. They treat shepherd like he's a messiah so much on the human worlds I think it would be hard to write a believable hero story with another human.. unless it's even further in the future which I doubt.

19. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this, I screamed like a little girl when I heard the news that a fourth 1 would be coming out... Love the Mass Effect franchise

20. MrFreshh

MrFreshh Well-Known Member

I really loved the whole Mass Effect series all the way until the ending of 3. It was a real kick in the teeth to have it all come down to that. I don't honestly see where they can go from where it left off at the end of 3. However if they can figure out the right way to go with the next Mass Effect, I will be incredibly excited. They really let a lot of people down with that third game despite most of it being really good. Now they have to step up to the plate and deliver something excellent. I will probably buy it, but only after having waited to see if people like the game.