The New Roleplay

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

As Sab called for me, I held Ark by his feet, and gently began to lift him onto the stretcher. This had to be done very carefully. If we mess up now, Ark's back will be fucked for the rest of his life. We needed to keep the stretcher flat, lest his vertebrate get further twisted. Hopefully, his spinal chord isn't damage, if it is... No time to think about that. I gestured to Sab, "On 3, we raise the stretcher up, flat at the same time. We need a protective circle around us, before we can do anything."

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

"We'll need one man to be strong enough to carry Ilaryitch on his shoulders, and that'll have to be Boris, unless Odessa feels like making an attempt to be masculine", I said. At that moment, we were: me and Pyotr who would carry Ark, Boris who would carry Ilaryitch, and Odessa who would cover us. Iakov wasn't there, and there was no sign of him either. Hopefully we'd run into him on our way to the maintenance tunnel to D-6. It would have to do, as it'd be our only way out of there if we were going to reach the officer in time. "There will be no protection-circle, simply because we're not many enough. Odessa will have to cover us, but I trust her with that", I said confidently and got ready to lift Ark.

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Gas? Shoulder? Protection? Odessa? I had no idea, I still couldn't see anything except the burning wreckage, I could hear hissing, the gas probably, was it toxic? The gas mask had better work. Who would I shoot? Should I shoot, I was pretty much invisible from where I was kneeling unless they shone a light on me. Had to wait, had to wait for what happened then get back into the tunnels once everything got noisey

4. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

It seemed Pyotr had acknowledged the bleakness of our situation, and he was organizing our escape. As and Sab lifted Ark up on the makeshift stretcher, I got my PMK gas mask on, stuffed 5 Bumblebee gas ganisters in my pockets and grabbed another one for immediate use. "On your mark" I said, looking out of the broken windows of the cart. The silhouettes of the cannibals were creeping closer, and their movements reminded me of a wolfpack, encircling their prey, waiting for the right moment to strike. We had to act fast

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Once the morphine hit me another new feeling swept through my body that was equally as painful, but in a welcomed way. It gave, for a few seconds, a relief from the unrelenting, splitting force of the injury before replacing it with a feeling of an icy fire that pulsed and crackled as time went on.

Things were moving now. People were taking action. And before I knew it, a stretcher had been fashioned and a plan devised. I fumbled for my mask which I reluctantly sucked to my face. Looking through the newly cracked lenses I gazed my head up to Sab's face as she and potato lifted me onto the stretcher. The pain was terrible, as it always is, but brief as the stretcher slide under me in an instant. And as the group prepared to make the dash I pulled out my Makarov rested it on my stomach. It seemed my rifle was nowhere to be seen.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I clenched my hands around Arkadia's shoulders as I lifted him, feeling his pain. I then quickly grabbed the half-masked gas mask on my backpack and strapped it around my neck and head, onto my face. I then grabbed the two poles on each side of Ark's head, and begun to lift the stretcher. Ark was heavier than he looked. The cannibals' shadows were creeping onto us like souls preparing to devour our souls..

5 posts more to 3000! :D

#166 Skaara Dreadlocks, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  7. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

This was it. One final push before relative safety. I did a rapid scan, and the shadows approached every so quickly. We needed to get out now. The cannibals were just about to come out in front of us. Timing was crucial, too early, and they'd see the tear gas cloud, too late and some of them would miss the tear gas cloud. I looked at Boris, and gave him a exaggerated thumbs up, which he could not mistake for anything else. I didn't want to yell, lest the cannibals over-heard. I nodded to Sab, and began to walk slowly forward, carrying the stretcher, into the tunnel.

8. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*jeez! in a second everything went to hell, again. I woke up with a sore head and a gush in my right arm so quickly I got a slug out of my ruckpack and put a bandage over it, bandaging my arm. it stung like hell, but I knew in about an hour my arm would be as good as new. then I heard voices coming from my left side and the guys talking about a escape plan. someone suggested gas canister and as quickly as I could I sorted out Jet's carriage and she immediately jumped into it. I strapped it across my good side and got ready*

'right Sab, let's get the hell out of this place. I'll cover us' and adjusting my own gas mask I made sure my IL85 was primed for action once more.

9. Aaron

Regular

Our moment was now and we seized it, jumping out from the wreck of the train in a dash. Through the smoke I could see nothing but Odessa striding at my stretchers side. Each bound they made felt like a jump on my aching back and wished so dearly to tell them to stop. But of course I couldn't, we'd all be killed, or worse... I frightened at the thought of what they'd do to a battered body like mine. Would I go first? Perhaps they'd grind me up into a delicious sausage and share my links amongst the hordes. That wouldn't be so bad, would it?

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good to have ya back, Odessa! And good that you and Aaron are getting this up and going again :D

"Boris, grab Ilaryitch and let's go!", I ordered Boris as we walked out of the wrecked cart with Arkadia on. I hoped Boris was in a good enough condition to carry Ilaryitch, because he was going to have to.

Seeing the shadows in the smoke, I spoke hurriedly. "Assuming we are in Park Pobedy, just follow the tunnel North-west here, Pytor. It should take us in a long curve through a maintenance tunnel to D-6. I'm just hoping there's a working train for us down there, otherwise we'll have a long walk ahead of us."

The silhouettes behind all the smoke were growing clearer and clearer, and the sound of their quick little footsteps was now hearable. On the right in the tunnel, there was a small staircase up to a side-entrance with a closed door. As we passed it, the door opened quickly, and a silhouette came jumping out towards me, with something in its hand that it was ready to slice me open with. "Odessa!", I yelled out as I ducked while lifting my arms to keep Ark as steady as possible.

11. TheDarknessEnvelops

I made my choice, back through the tunnel. I ran with a lot of pace, turned left. Stopped, saw a thin man, holding a knife. He wasn't facing me. The best situation. Did I shoot him in the back, a cowards kill. He started to run away down the corridor. I turned right to a barely lit tunnel. I'd come down it but it didn't look as appetizing now I knew what was in the tunnels. Follow the man, at least I knew where he was. I walked quickly down the corridor and saw him kick down a door and ran down some stairs. Then I heard Russians shouting

12. Aaron

Regular

The toxic clouds were clearing and although my ragged breathing was mostly all I could hear but Sab's cry rang loud through my skull. Turning my head instinctively a large worm had thrown himself on us and nearly landed right on me swinging a dubious blade of sorts at Sab. Practically poking the worm with my Makarov I put four rapid shots into his torso. He cringed and crumpled ending with clumsy dive onto the ground.

Saving Sab was I thing I'd do any day but each shot I fired felt like I was shooting myself and I admittedly regretted shooting him.

13. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

*bloody worms! wish they would be wiped out off the face of the metro. nothing but trouble with them. Sab's shout brought me out of my internal reverie and I was about to shoot the latest acolite when Ark's Makarov did the job for me. I saw another two approaching us quickly from the back and sent them a little gift in the form of a RGD5*

'say hello to your worm from me!' I shouted as the nade exploded and sent them flying.

'another gas one would be good back here guys!' I shouted trying to make myself heard over the din in the tunnel while firing three round burst in half a second intervals.

14. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

My deepest apologies for a horribly prolonged absence, resulting only now in a most overdue return in which I do not even post anything of interest. A series of quite unfortunate, mostly personal, matters has kept me away from any internet-compatible device that I had even a chance to write something of this length on.
    As for now, however, it seems fine to have Ilaryitch sleeping, but I will mention that his bag is still somewhere around the train. This is easy enough to fix, with a dash of creativity, and I will do so when I get the chance to write a post of more substance, if not anyone else have done it for me.

15. TheDarknessEnvelops

I jogged out of the door out of the door, following him. Heard the shot, kept going, maybe he was down the gunman was down the tunnel. My mistake, there were quite a few men, one in a stretcher and the half naked man dead on the floor 'Oh, shit.' I said in my mother tongue. I then scuttled back into the corridor, shouting friend in every language I knew. I was going to die

16. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

I ran into a couple of my comrades battling...
    Was that a fucking worm? I quickly swapped dirty for MGRs and magdumped into into the...thing.

17. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

After I had popped the tear gas, most of the worms started retreating. As I lifted up Ilaryitch, my mind digged up a weird link between introducing tear gas to these barbarians the Spanish introducing gunpowder and muskets to the Incas. They must've been terrified.
    As it turned out, Meat Loaf was a heavy dude, and it was with quite some difficulty that I managed to get him into a firefighter's carry. The adrenaline probably helped, too.
    My .357 Sig was extremely effective against these vile beasts, practically tearing limbs off them at this distance. Granted, there were only few of them left after the tear gas, but as the gas started to disperse, the cannibals gained ground.
    "Another gas one would be good back here guys!" I heard from Odessa, but since I had only one hand free, and that was carrying my Sig, I shouted for someone to take one from my backpack. It must've been quite difficult to hear among the gunfire and with the distortion from the gas mask, but I hoped someone had got the message.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

FFFFFFFF I just wrote three decent paragraphs, and then managed to push the "Previous Thread" button which is just below the "Post Quick Reply", so I lost it all -_-
    I'll just write it a little shorter this time.

I could hear a man yelling 'Friend' in different languages from a side-corridor. The ones I recognized were Russian and English. "Now's the time to get your gas mask on!", I yelled in his general direction. I then rested the stretcher on my left thigh and dug through Boris' items in his backpack until I found the cylinder shaped metal piece. I brought it up to my mouth with my left hand, bit around the pin and pulled it out with my teeth before I spit it aside and tossed the sylinder over my shoulder behind us.

I could hear the cannibals sulking with their raspy and weak voices behind us. Then, out of nowhere, Iakov appeared and seemed to be preparing to join the battle. I wanted to ask him where he'd been, but I figured that'd be bad timing. "We need to move faster!".

19. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

I thought I heard something. A foreign language; here in the Metro. Could this be? I decided it must have been the remains of the drug that had made me heard this; so I disregarded it.

I slapped in a new magazine of MGRs into my Kalash. I soon realized that the enemies we were fighting were not physical worms; just pieces of human refuse. Damn; whatever they put on that dart was some strong stuff.

I heard Sabrina say that we needed to move, and I complied.
    "I can cover you while you make you're retreat; don't worry about me!"

20. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

An apparent quiet smooth colour, of complexity and composition beyond my mind as it happened, was eclipsing my mind. It had been that since I could not remember, but as these thoughts escaped, I fathomed that it was dissipating.
    This realisation followed a pain that was absolutely unbearable.
    At first, I could not comprehend from whence and why this pain originated.
    Then tears started streaming, and it dawned on me that my eyes apparently was beeing burned out. I opened them, and sight swept the rest of the undreaming sleep out of old brains and bones.
    I was being lifted, thrown around on top of a shoulder. Boris' shoulder. And it was digging it's way in between ribs.
    I grinned, all the while shedding tears uncontrollably, reacting to what I unraveled to be tear-gas.
    My gas mask was in my pack, and the pack should still be somewhere around the crashed trains. Or perhaps the cult had made away with it..
    I chose to not dwell with it; if it was as important as it had appeared to be I would come across it later.
    Fortunately my hand had managed to hang on to the hatchet.
    Finally moving; I turned my head towards Boris, whom i had no hopes of seeing through an ocean of tears, and shouted through the cacophony:
    "Hey, thanks for the ride! Mind letting me off now‽"