The New Roleplay

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

This of course depends on exactly how long you have been away, so here is a summary of what has occurred since your last post:
    Everybody entered the Service room, and then abrubtly got really quiet. Till now no-one has done a thing for nigh two weeks.

#201 Phylkhan, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

been away for about a month through no fault of my own.

3. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

Aha, yes, my apologies.
    Indeed; no-one had done a thing for near, in fact, a month, not two weeks.

#203 Phylkhan, Jun 28, 2014
  4. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Shit I;m so sorry I've been away for so long, will post tomorrow

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, I'm so sorry I've been away for so long. It's not like me, but I've just had so much to do lately. I admit I could have logged in and replied regularly; The places I've been and the things I've done hasn't severely prevented that. Never the less, I understand now how it's difficult for some people to reply often. Being busy with a lot of stuff really does make it difficult to come here.
    Lately I've been
    1: Placed as a student at Toyota.
    2: Hanging with my girlfriend a lot.
    3: Gone to Denmark with a bunch of friends and my brother to celebrate that he's getting married this Saturday. A lot of alcohol was consumed. Too much, on my side. Agonizingly much :lol:
    4: Going on a camping trip for a yearly event that lasts three days, with about 6000+ people.
    5: Gotten a summerjob for 2 months at Toyota.
    6: In the middle of this, playing Watch Dogs the few hours that I have left for PC. Until now, I've completed the game.

Something good, though, is that I make 21.6USD / 15.9EUR an hour. That's 162.4USD / 119.3EUR a day. That's over 3200 USD / over 2300 EUR a month! It's of course minus some percents of taxes but *long double-whistle* that's a lot of money! They've probably been generous and given me a starter bonus for the 2 first months, so I can afford taking the driver's liscense before/if I become an apprentice there afterwards. Then, I'll probably make less money. Will still make a lot tho :)

-Anyway-

Sabrina just helped Arkadia pop his shoulders out or something like that, so Aaron needs to reply! :D

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Something good?.... Something good?!!
    You make it seem like everything from your list is nothing to get excited over :p. All of that from your list plus the something good is awesome!! I can say that you're making either the same amount of money or very close to people who live over here in the U.S. with a Bachelor's degree -and pushing it, but still possible: a Master's degree of some sort with a bad job- from College (at least in the area where I live).

That is very great though, congratulations. :D
    Hopefully they're not just paying you that much for just the first two months.

I'm also going to join za Metro RP soon.

#206 NuclearWastE3, Jul 3, 2014
  7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I've as well been busy lately due almost completely to work. I get up at 1pm and leave for work at 3:30pm until I get back home at 2:50am at which point I shower and go right to bed. So I'm a little constrained for tine during the week. But at least I'm gettin' $170 a night so it's worth the hard work. I get Fridays off too which I s a bit of a bonus I suppose :) Anyways....

With the intense pain of Sab's ruthless tugging I eventually felt my back crack in a few places. Extremely painful, but relieving as the pain began to die down drastically afterwards. It was another good sign that perhaps my back wasn't to far gone to put me down. It took a few yells to get Sab to stop before she ripped me in half but she soon stopped and let me lie on the floor for a quick rest. I'd still need a stretcher to the next station but once we're there we can hopefully get a doctor to take a look. As for the sweaty situation in the room I couldn't help but notice the faint steam rising from the hot skin of those in the light. It was cold in here. The sizzling smoke of hot barrels could be seen drifting away steadily. The lightest of drafts could be felt if one concentrated. This room must lead to another tunnel or some large passage for these winds to hit us. We would be smart to hurry before the worms cut us off.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

After positioning Ark's back into place, it seemed obvious he needed to be carried further on the stretcher. "Oh, you lazy bastard", I muttered sarcastically as I lifted up the stretcher again, together with Pyotr. "Come on, let's move on. Krasnopresnenskaya is the next stop. Did someone say they have some contacts there? It's a good walk from here, so we have to pick up the pace; whatever those things were, they'll probably get through that door eventually, or crawl in here from somewhere else..", I finished, followed by the echo of my own voice ringing down the black tunnel. Hearing myself and what I had just said, I sunk my head inbetween my shoulders and looked eerily up at cracks and holes in the old molden concrete walls.

9. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I listened to the injured man, my single meeting with one of those 'people' hadn't been an enjoyable experience. Safety in numbers and all that. Also, it meant I wouldn't have to kill people as much. Ideas of escape had left my head and now ideas of safety had entered it, follow the group and if needs be, find a route of escape further down the line.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

"Alright, get your ass up, Arkadia. We should take some time for a check-up on who's missing, and who's injured and needs medical care, but we can't spare the time. We need to walk instantly. I know what way we're going, let's just hope I find it", and with that, I set off into the jungle. Didn't want to stay around there for long. Besides, we had a schedule to hold.

11. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Guy's sorry Iv'e been off! I've been out of Canada for a while now, I've been in my country with no Internet :L its been a few months. Sorry for not speaking.

12. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Apologies guys. Auntie, who lives in Madrid, had a stroke and we have been there all summer looking after her till we got her home help. unfortunately, she didn't have internet and couldn't connect. got back a couple of days ago.

*I had a quick look around the room, checking everyone was there, plus a new one I had never seen before, but we had no time for introductions. if we wanted to get to Olga and do what had to be done, we needed to move quickly. Arkadi's back seemed to be back in place so I quickly took a sip of my coffee from my side flask, checked Jet was all right an lit up a smoke*

'Right Sab, your gig. let's get out of this godforsaken place' I said nodding to her, checking my gear over once more.

#212 Jet Odessa, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  13. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

I'm new here so I'm gonna try and jump in here
    Character:Nikolai Yinsen

I started to hit the great and rusted hermetic door with the butt of my rifle. Not a minute before I had been ambushed in the blown out remains of an intersection near Arbatskaya, wasting most of my rounds in the short fight that followed. After this almost fatal mistake I had a very small amount of filters left and a large haul of salvage to get back to Polis. No one answered my desperate knocks, so i began to kick at the door as a large group of watchers howled in the distance. "o yebat' , o yebat'", I said to myself under my breath, "Ey , ​​lyudi ! Otkroyte yebut chert poberi! I'm going to die!". I was yelling now, louder than I had ever before. I gave up, but at that moment i heard shouting on the other side and the grinding of old rusted hinges, i walked back a bit and then as soon as an opening appeared, I launched myself at the gap, flying into the lobby and spraying rounds out the closing gap. "Damn you you crazy devil!" yelled Pyotr, a large burly ranger, "Nikolai, why the fuck do you always cut it so close, man".
    I responded laughing"it's definitley the best was of livening up the tedium of the metro! Now, how about some vodka to calm you down eh?" I said peeling off my PMK-3 gas mask.
    we began the walk to the bar, passing numerous street vendors selling all sorts of things, barbecued rats, glistening moist pork and of course mushroom tea. there were few weapons vendors in Polis, all the stalkers usually bought from each other. the bar was around the next corner, a dingy place, yet no less welcoming than any pre-war bar. as we sat down I noticed some people entering a service room, looked like stalkers. hey, i was always greedy for money and mine seemed to just dissapear, mainly because i shot most of it, still i was short of cash at the moment.
    "hey, Pyotr, i'll just be a second" but my words fell on deaf eras, quite literally, as he had already drank himself into a stupor. with that i approached the door cautiously. i reached for the door handle, but suddenly recoiled in fear, what if they said no? ah, no better way to find out i guess, and with that i opened the door.
    "Privet!" I started confidently...

#213 DaDeadlyCheese, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  14. DaDeadlyCheese

right, i'm not sure how to insert my character into this or if i'm welcome, can he catch up to you guys after hearing that some guys were going after a nazi officer??

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Welcome to our roleplay! :) Unfortunately, this roleplay has sort of died out eventually, so I don't think there's any hope of reviving this one, if you take a look at the dates of the last posts in this thread...

But I really want to get back to roleplaying again, so I could start out a new roleplay thread if you want? Or you could, if you want to? :) Something simple would be neat, like starting off in a bar in polis so a few people are able to team up in the roleplay, and then heading out on any stalker-like mission.

16. DaDeadlyCheese

yeah that'd be awesome! i haven't done much role playing before and i'd love to get into it, and Metro is my favourite franchise. i'm going to edit my character on the character thread so read that if you want and i'll start a new thread:)

17. DaDeadlyCheese

yeah that'd be awesome! i haven't done much role playing before and i'd love to get into it, and Metro is my favourite franchise. i'm going to edit my character on the character thread so read that if you want and i'll start a new thread:)