The last thing you bought?

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Darkbringer, Apr 11, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Actually it does a good job of keeping the heat in. It stays hot a LOT longer than a normal sized cup.
    The more hot water there is in a mug the longer it takes to cool. It probably has something to do with surface area or w/e. Kind of like if you break your food up and spread it out it takes less time to cook.

There's something else about latent energy or some shit that my science teacher told me about back when I was in school but I don't remember what it is.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Recently my ps3 slim decided it wanted to stop reading discs and start scratching them. Of course, the warranty has expired. So instead of wasting money on a replacement blu ray drive or Sony's overpriced repair service, I've pre-ordered the new ps3 "super slim". Which comes with a 500GB HDD, Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition & Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition for a total of €283.
    I will be tranferring data from my old HDD onto the new HDD, sell GT5AE & U3GOTY and my broken slim on eBay to those seeking spare parts. I'm pretty sure I will be covering at least 50% of the costs.
    Yes, the new hardware revision is fugly but I much prefer a top-loading system to a slot-loading one as it's literally impossible for a top-loader to swallow and chew up discs.

Here are a few of Youtube unboxing videos for your entertainment:
    - Gamespot
    - IGN
    - VideoGamer
    - CVG

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

[​IMG]
    *Drool*...

4. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I just bought Red Orchestra 2 and a TT eSPORTS Shock One headset. I've never had a "gaming headset" before, so I'm quite excited.

[​IMG]

5. cerberus

You are going to love it, Darkbringer! I've been using Astro A40's for about two years now. Best gaming investment I've ever made.

6. cerberus

Bought the new Triple Pack for x360, it includes the excellent Outland, Beyond Good & Evil HD and From Dust on a single disc. I caved and bought the DOOM 3: BFG Edition for x360 as well, something tells me I'm going to regret it...

7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Getting some,sennhieser pc 360 only heads that beat a40 but it.s more expensive and a roll of toilet paper.

P.s. Not sure about the head phones yet

8. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

A footlong sub from Subway consisting of pepperoni, salami, ham, lettuce, onion, oregano, and southwest chipotle sauce on an italian herbs and cheese roll. And also a couple bundles of firewood

9. cerberus

This is not some Astro fanboy comment but I'm a musician and I know audio. I have yet to hear something that rivals the A40's in terms of sound quality. Combined with the 5.8 mixamp; all the mids, highs and lows are perfectly balanced. On top of that: the A40's are closed headsets (note: with speaker tags), whereas the Sennheiser PC360 are open which not only leaks more sound out of the headset but reduces the bass levels significantly.

#89 cerberus, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

sorry thar was what I ment its more expensive cuase u need an amp to properly understand it man. Mot to show off but I hate closed head phones due to there almos unreal vass but thats my taste. But if you want,just the best sound for the price get senn hd508 there tge best sub 400 in terms of quality. But the best heads avalible are hd800 and no1 can arfue with that however they cost an unholy amount.
    Edit I did a grammer fail sorry

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

A hot pocket :DROOLS

12. STALKER_2012

STALKER_2012 Well-Known Member

I am going to buy my Assassin's Creed III Freedom Edition today. But due to its PEGI 18 rating I can't order it before 11:00 PM...

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Wait what. In England you can't order a game that 18 before 11??????????:derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

14. STALKER_2012

I'm from Austria and that's only because the german rating-system (USK) is so stupid. I want to buy it from directly from the Ubistore you know. I don't like amazon and all these shops so much - even if the games are cheaper sometimes...

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I feel sorryy for you mam.

16. STALKER_2012

Haha, thanks. But they said that it will surely arrive at the release day so I'm glad though ;)

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah probs gonna get dishonored soon pm if its any good

18. STALKER_2012

Trust me, Dishonored is awesome. I played it on PC .

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm planning on getting six new games, because my birthday is coming up. They're all for PS3, which is great as it has been a while since the last time I bought a console game. :D

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

Today I bought the biggest freaking baguette you could ever imagine during lunch at school. Barely managed to eat it :p