The last thing you bought?

Discussion in 'Pointless Fun' started by Darkbringer, Apr 11, 2012.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Awesome, Skarra! Saxophone s are great. I once saw a live blues band and the guy, who stole the show, was the sax player. AndAnd I cant seem to view the videos for some reason. Stupid phone.

By the way, i ve purchased my first phone. I got a nokia (its gopnik approved brand) lumia 635. I got it for work (im at an ambulance company). Im now able to use interwebz and get on the forum. Yay! Also got a harmonica.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, I hate it when the forum sometime doesn't display a warning for new messages :sad:

But that is great! I googled the Lumia, it looks pretty neat. Now, make sure to come by often :D
    By the way, what kind of Harmonica did you buy? Have you played anything yet? You wanna aim for that bluesy blues blues bloooooz, or you just gonna do some simple songs, like, playing one note at a time? :)

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]tQARCB9wKto[/YOUTUBE]

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I really love that one, I've been trying to play it on the Sax, but it's really difficult. I can barely play any song at all thus far :p

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

A Pavel tanker's ushanka!! That is very Chernobyl hat my friend.....I want one :wacko:
    Has it arrived for you yet?
    ---------------------------------

Comrades i've made a few purchases since my time off. Two of them are firearms

[​IMG]

Oi blin.....Here it is. A tru slavic gun:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's right. A fricken Mosin Nagant. I finally got one! I had been wanting one since I was in 6th grade. It's from 1942 and it shoots very well. No complaints. The only thing that sucks is trying to find ammo for it (it's quite scarce here in the States). It also needs to be cleaned after it’s done being fired, for the day, since the ammo uses corrosive primers and the discharged powder will attract moisture and rust the barrel away if left untreated. The reason it has become difficult to find 7.62x54 caliber ammo in the U.S. is because there are currently sanctions, placed on Russia, and thus, no ammo is really coming in. At least that is how I understood it. If you want more picture (like outdoors type) just let me know. I took these rather quickly just so that I could show you guys.

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE THE FORUM IS STILL SHRINKING THE PICTURES I UPLOAD. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CLICK ON THE PHOTO ITSELF TO GET A BETTER LOOK
    I also got a new computer (pre-built) off of a custom computer website called iBuyPower. Here are the Specs
    [​IMG]

It's crazy fast compared to my old one. The only thing that I do not like is shit windows 10. It just blows chunks. I hate the layout of everything. Well, if I happen to win that gtx 1060 that Bamul put a link to, I'll be sure to give it away to one of you guys. There will be a contest or something :D

@Skaara: The Harmonica that I got is called the Hohner Special 20 in C Major. I haven't practiced that much since I've gotten it, so I'm still in the beginner's stage playing the "one-hole-at-a-time songs" :p How about you? do you still play the harmonica? How about your Saxophone? I just got to say, the first time I blew air through the harp, I began to laugh because the way the vibration of the harmonica feels on your lips. hahaha.

#626 NuclearWastE3, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Awesome stuff, Nuclear!

I actually had a chance to fire a Mosin Nagant once - back then it was the first bolt-action rifle I had used, was pretty cool but I almost killed myself and the guy standing next to me when a bullet got stuck. :p And that new rig of yours is a beast, very good specs. Though Windows 10 is unfortunately quite shit indeed; pretty much everything about it blows except for the Start menu, which is still worse than the classic one. I had switched to W10 from W8 and it was working great for a few months, but eventually I started getting random freezes and crashes that simply would not go away no matter what I tried (including reinstalling the OS) until I just switched back to Windows 8.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, it has arrived a few days ago, fits perfect with my gasmask! :D It even has that cable from the ear-muffs to connect to a tank's radio-transmitter or something like that.
    I bet that shotgun gives off one hell'ova kick!
    And that Mosin is just sweeeeet! Too bad about the ammo problem, but I guess that makes it more of a treat to fire it, whenever you do!

Nothin' like the breeze of a brand spankin' new computer! :D Don't forget to enjoy it! Some people say "Wtf, you don't have Windows10 yet? What are you doing, go out there and get it!", while others go "It's ugly and it has some problems". :noidea:

Yeah, it kinda tickles to begin with but you get used to it, it's just like the first time when- Eh, I won't go there :lol:
    I haven't played the sax for quite a while now, it's difficult to practice without bothering my family with it, and I grew a little tired of it. With music instruments, you always get to that stage where the learning curve just goes to a halt, and I just haven't gotten the motivation to get past that like I did with the Harmonica. My new housekeeper probably won't like the sound of my sax either.

-Speaking of which, I've finally moved out from home!! :dance: For the last couple of weeks, I've been almost constantly working on moving all my stuff and getting furnitures and housekeeping-stuff and sorting it all out. In my old room, I had a very small desk and even smaller space to move around, I could barely get in and out of my chair. I had 500kb/s download speed, and a lousy bed. Now in my new apartment, I've bought a 200cmX180cm bigass expensive comfy bed for the bedroom, a bigass nice desktop to have in the living-room so I get all the space I need for gaming, and best of all.... 5mb/s download speed :eek: That's ten times more than what I earlier had. And for just a few more moneyz a month, I can upgrade to 10mb/s if I want to, but I figured it's unnecessary... Though it is tempting :p

I still need some curtains though :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The kitchen and bathroom is very tiny, but I think that's good 'cause it leaves more space for a large living room and bedroom :)

#628 Skaara Dreadlocks, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  9. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Thanks guys :D

Hahaha, oh man, that's crazy :shocked: I wouldn't even know how to get started with removing it. Id mostly likely ram a stick down the barrel and attempt to push out the receiver end. I have used a firearm prior to getting my mosin, but i had the assistance, of a friend, to show me how to use it. The mosin, I would say, was the first "real" gun that I ever fired on my own. When I purchased it, my entire knowledge, on guns and their operation, was solely based on video games. I took me a while to figure out how everything operated and I was nervous the entire time when loading in the first bullet. Everything went smoothly, though, and I haven't experienced any "real" problems. My only complaint is that the bolt action is sometimes difficult to engage and may require some jerking around before it loosens up.

Oh yeah man, I can't wait to use some of it's feature that I didn't have on my old build. I was running on 2GB of ram this entire time; so operating on 16GB is going to be a real treat. I want to start recording gameplay sessions and see what I can do with them. And yeah, the start menu is kind of handy. Using Cortana is cool because it lets you find stuff, just by typing in key words, and not having to worry about tracking it down yourself. I just recently installed program called Classic Shell that helps tidy up the windows 10 layout a bit. You can customize the overview of everything to your liking (mainly to "downgrade" to the windows 7/xp kind of look). I understand that it is also compatible, with windows 8; if you want to give it a try. And I would like to see if it would be possible to "downgrade," for free, to another operating system since I have Windows 10. That way, I can dual-boot and choose an OS, on start-up, and use each one for their respective purpose. I'd use the older OS for older games and Win10 for new, upcoming games.
    ---------------------------------------------

Hell yeah man, that awesome. It looks super warm.
    Heck yeah it does! And I think it's even worse because the buttstock doesn't really have much cushion. I bought it used, at a gunshow, so I think the padding must have fallen off with the previous owner or something. And it hurts crazy with Slug rounds. Those shells are loaded with a ton powder. I hoping to buy a better buttstock soon to help relive the recoil
    Yeah, that's what sucks. I'm hoping that, with Donald Trump as the new US president, relations will change, with Russia, and I will be able to get my mosin ammo on the cheap :D I also want to see some more Slavic influence, here in the US, anyway. lol.

I forgot to mention that I had purchased another mosin prior to buying the one I currently own. However, I had to return it, to the seller, because the barrel was all rusted. I didn't notice it when I bought it as I didn't know what to look for as an inexperienced gun buyer. I mean, I knew to look for it, but I couldn't tell it was there until I took it out, into the sunlight, and gave it a thorough examination. I went back inside to the gun convention and asked the guy for my money back. He hassled me and said it was my fault (which it was) and was trying to prove to me that the barrel was clean. After like 15 minutes, he decided to give me my money back and send me on my way. During that time, though, he inspected the gun like crazy and attempted to prove to me that it was rust free. However, during the time that I was outside examining it, I ran a brush, down the barrel, and what I saw was a cloud of red dust puff out of the barrel :lol: I even blew some air through it and even more dust went shooting out. It was bad. Anyway, my friend took a picture of the guy, checking the gun over, attempting to find a way to convince me that it was clean :p: (it was still rusty when I gave it back to him, BTW):
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------

:p :D haha.

Well, maybe we can practice together somehow. like, we can upload a video of us covering the same song and see how the other does it diffrently. IDK, it might be cool.

Whoa, congrats, Skaara. That's is definitely something to be proud of. And it's a nice looking place too!! Very cozy looking. And I'm not sure, but it looks like you have the fricken woods right at your doorstep. Badass. :thumb:

#629 NuclearWastE3, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice one Skaara; like Nuclear said - this is a pretty big achievement. :)

And Nuclear, I think you won't be able to switch so easily to an older Windows OS if it initially came with Windows 10 (you'd basically have to buy a new licence for it and they are becoming more and more expensive as W10 grows in popularity). You could always go with Ubuntu since it's free and really easy to make a bootdisc yourself as long as you have an empty CD/DVD and an internet connection, but Linux systems aren't very compatible with gaming so that would kinda defeat the point. :p

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just to be a little off-the-edge, you should'a loaded the gun before giving it back to that man and leant over to pull the trigger when he was looking for rust inside the barrel :p

Jokes aside though, we could indeed do some video-upload of songs with the harmonica. It's a great way for me to get motivated to keep playing and learn new songs 'cause I haven't played in a while now :) I've also got quite a few songs to play and upload for you to try and play as well :D

And those aren't the woods outside my apartment sadly, just a rather small area of trees. There's a road on the other side of that bunch of trees, and I can hear the cars all the way up to my apartment :sad: Buuut that doesn't matter, still a good place :D

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Dang. I think you're right about that. I article I vaugly remember reading talked about upgrading from WinXP to Win10 by seperatly purchasing the lisecne and then being able to downgrade. For a while, I thought of getting Ubuntu when I was being a cheap-ass and planned on using that over a WinOS; but, like you mentioned, it is moastly limitted to simple work or for when old people are attempting to learn how to use a computer :p

Holy shit, Skaara! Heck yeah. Hahaha! I like your way of thinking. :lol: My friends and I often joke around like that and usually end up making others upset or offended by dumb comments like that; but hey, you can't take everything too seriously in life. Just as long as it’s not said with a serious undertone, then it's all good; otherwise, you know, you may need psychiatric help :p

Cool, man....sounds good to me!! :)

Aww dang. Well, it may still be large enough to play crazy-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-monster in the Woods or something. It's still a very nice looking place, dude. :thumb:

#632 NuclearWastE3, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2016
  13. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

Last thing i bought?
    Some way too expensive liquid heaven at starbucks.
    And in practical terms i have brought a fake M9 handgun, which looks quite cool.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've never been at a Star Bucks, but have always wanted to :eek:hwell: I've never been to one in Norway, if there are any of them here at all.

That "fake" M9, is it a real gun that's disabled? Or is it just a replica? What's it made of, plastic or metal? :)

Last thing I bought was a cheap steak and some vegetables... Gotta make my own dinner now that I live by myself :sad:

And the audio-player in my car has just said goodnight, so I'm gonna have to buy a new one.. Oh well, time for a DAB+ radio then I guess :noidea:

15. Thelastknown

Thelastknown Well-Known Member

It is a 4.5mm Daisy model from 1992 if im not mistaken.
    The outside is made of plastic, but the gun feels really sturdy and looks great too.
    The inner part is sadly broken, that means i cant fire it anymore.
    The hammer works though, Double action and single action.
    I got it from an friend for 30 bucks, quite a steal for a rare air gun.[​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk

16. Zachg56

Zachg56 New Member

Last thing I bought? boots here in America.....and an actual nazi helmet the last time I went to the flea market...in Europe

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Back in my home country it is easy to find WW2 era stuff like that (quite a lot of it Soviet and Nazi, but not all) at flea markets - pins/emblems and medals, helmets, daggers, combat knives, bayonets and occasionally even old guns or parts of them. I imagine it is the same in many other parts of continental Europe that saw plenty of warfare during the war. Much of it is fake though since plenty of people make money off of tourists like that, so chances are your helmet could be a replica or something :p

#637 Bamul, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Got myself a set of Russian character stickers off eBay for my keyboard.

[​IMG]
    Goodbye translit.ru, you were a great help but it's time for me to move on... I will never forget you! :cry:

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Huh, nice! That could actually be very useful for when playing Arma2/Arma3/DayZ in Chernobyl with all the russian town-signs. Other than that, what do you actually use it for? :confused:

Last thing I bought was a bigass bike suit! :dance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's very big and thick and heavy-duty-like. I feel like one of those guys you see coming on these huge Harleys with sidewagons and massive saddlebags, you know? :p I don't think I'll use it when I'm just cruising around on my bike at the hottest part of summer, but I'll use it for not-so-hot days and for longer trips. It's got very good protection on knees, elbows and shoulders in addition to the thick and heat/friction-resistant leather.

I was just by the shop who offers the bike I want, and he said they've already sold the first one that I was gonna look at, but he's ordered a second one in the color that I want, and it arrives sometime next week and he has reserved it for me :D

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I speak a bit of Russian, so I also sometimes browse the Russian side of the internet and occasionally write comments in Russian. Having a Russian keyboard means that I can search for things in Russian faster as previously I always had to use transcription. It also helps me familiarise myself with the ЙЦУКЕН layout and should in theory - gradually - teach me to type faster. I haven't been doing much multiplayer gaming recently, but if I were to start again and chat with Russian-speakers (like I used to in Survarium for example), I could now do it properly without butchering the spelling as I was when using the Latin alphabet.

Awesome. Good idea to get it just as you're buying the bike as well, as those thick suits offer protection from falls/scratches etc. that you will probably (though hopefully not too often) have to make use of when learning how to ride. :p