The Last of Us - Pre-release hype

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I have been following this game fairly cloesly ever since it's been announced and I can already tell you that I've been hyped for it since that moment. I really can't wait for it - it looks brilliant. :p
    Really? I thought you'd be one of the people who are dying to get the game. No health regeneration, non-linear gameplay in a semi-linear environment, characters and gameplay that respond to the player's imput accordingly, an interesting set-up, gorgeous graphics (especially for a console title), an interesting plot with likeable characters, and so on.
    I think she is meant to be 15 or something. Anyway, I see your point and it is quite valid, but I personally disagree. First of all, there's plenty of kids who act like that. Furthermore, people tend to grow up at a much faster rate in harsh situations and environments. Secondly, there are plenty of girls who look much younger than they really are and/or don't have huge breasts. :p

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I think the game looks horrible. I don;t know why though. just doesn't appeal to me.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's okay - to each his own... but I would like to know why you think it looks bad. There has to be some reason. :p

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Realy looking forwade to this the combat looks uh overly brutal to say the least

5. TotalAaron

The last of us- Review roundup (CVG)

Ypu guys seeing the reviews its getting

CVG: 10 - The Last of Us is a remarkable achievement, and one of those rare games that you never want to end as you approach the finale. It tells a moving story that will linger in your mind long after the credits have rolled, but never loses sight of the fact that it's a video game, not a film. It's a masterful marriage of storytelling and game design, and easily Naughty Dog's finest moment.
    Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 10 - A work of art in which amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure. This is Naughty Dog pushing PS3 to its absolute limit. Over to you, PS4.
    Edge: 10 - Naughty Dog has delivered the most riveting, emotionally resonant story-driven epic of this console generation. At times it's easy to feel like big-budget development has too much on the line to allow stubbornly artful ideas to flourish, but then a game like The Last Of Us emerges through the crumbled blacktop like a climbing vine,

#25 TotalAaron, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  6. TotalAaron

SFX: 5/5 - "Sometimes, you just have to cut to the chase: The Last Of Us is the pinnacle of traditional narrative storytelling in any interactive medium, and one of the finest games ever made."
    Next Gen Gaming Blog: 10/10 - Very few games have the power to engage you on both a gameplay and narrative level, yet The Last of Us does both with ease. There are several moments that will stay with you long after the credits roll. It's that damn powerful. Not only does it breath new life into a genre, it redefines it and sets the benchmark. Put the fact that it's a game to one side, The Last of Us is just an incredible piece of entertainment and another masterpiece from Naughty Dog.
    ShopTo: No score - Naughty Dog's The Last of Us is a work of art, a classic waiting to be played. Make sure you don't miss out because this game will be talked about for a long time to come.

7. TotalAaron

God is a Geek: 10/10
    Polygon: 7.5
    TheSixthAxis: 10/10
    IGN: 10
    GameSpot: 8.0
    Forbes: 9.5
    Eurogamer: 10
    Kotaku: Yes
    Now Gamer: 8.5
    VideoGamer: 10 - The Last of Us isn't just the PlayStation 3's swan song; it's the best exclusive on the console full stop.
    Digital Spy: 5/5
    GamingBolt: 10
    GiantBomb: 5/5
    GameInformer: 9.50

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

hmm seems good, I'm imaging I'd give it a 7/10

9. TotalAaron

I hope its as good as Spec ops the line

10. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Well it's a AAA game with touching story and dramatic setting and bla bla bla bla bla
    What did you expect?
    Richard Matheson's "I Am Legend" is one of my favorite novels. In the movie I liked Smith's acting, but the movie itself was 4/10 and I'm being generous.
    If they seriously think to compare the two, there will be some castrations...

#30 Strider, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  11. TotalAaron

our optimisim is worthy of song :rolleyes:

12. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is Spec Ops:The line really that good? You keep talking about how good game is and comparing it with almost any other game out there. I've tried it, seemed like any other tps out there.

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

spec ops the line is pretty darn good, but not 100/100 like arron makes it seem. it's just more like the old days where it wasn't shoot em up and actually had depth.

14. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

This.

15. TotalAaron

I know i know But Spec ops is my favourite game of all time
    great story
    Insane dialogue
    Great sound
    i just love every minute of it :D if a game/movie/book ever replaces this, you guys know its preety damn good.

the reason i like Sotl is this the first game that made me think "What have i done" and made me think about it weeks later nothing has ever done this to me before

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

wing commander 3 did that to me
    major plot points ahead
    WHY WHY, DID YOU BETRAY ME?! WHY?! ;-;
    wing commander 2 also did it. CURSE YOU CLOAKING KILRATHI

17. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

But Spec Ops has Nolan North's voice-i'm tired of hearing this guy's voice EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure he had done some lines for LL too (one of the pilots in the crashed plane sounds suspiciously like Drake).

18. TotalAaron

Nolan normally plays the average guy badass whereas here he sounds WAAAAAYYYYYY out of his depth making this game even better

19. NukemDukem

NukemDukem Active Member

The Last of Us

Here is the Full Walkthrough of The Last of Us as well as all the collectibles in the game. If you want the cutscenes only we have it to.
    The game is definitely game of the year and I can see why it got a 10/10
    -You get emotionally attached to all characters you encounter along your journey
    -You feel really immersed in the game
    -The gameplay is amazing
    Full Walkthrough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msNRReS8rYA
    [youtube]msNRReS8rYA[/youtube]
    All Collectibles
    Chapter 1 & 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8OOJrQZlH0
    [youtube]l8OOJrQZlH0[/youtube]
    Chapter 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03EoIeEKzgs
    Chapter 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUiH3y8-70
    Cut-scenes only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mXvT5Kdwzk
    [youtube]8mXvT5Kdwzk[/youtube]

20. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

looking forward to next pay day to get it.