The last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Godzilla(2014) and TMNT

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hmmm, I actually liked it a lot. I even told every here to go watch it and that they would not regret it...:D.

Big time spoiler if you have not watched the movie. Warning! Warning!
    Do you remember the part with the hobo and how the zombies run past him? It really wasn't that he had a disease that kept them away, it was because he had magical hobo-powers that kept the zombies at bay. He was the only one who remained calm while the zombies ran around -which proves he had magical hobo-powers- unlike the other people who were sick and were freaking out, even though they were not being harmed. :p
    I get what you mean. There are many movies out there that over do the gore and could have been, in my opinion, better if there wasn't so much of it. It's not that chucks and blood disturbs me, but really that it gets a little old if they make everything explode into a ten-gallon heap of guts and bone. One movie that is like that -and I hate to say it- is Hobo With a Shotgun. It's a little over-the-top gore and I would have enjoyed it more if they toned it down a bit and used the time it took to show somebody's head being blown off for something else.

Another thing I get tired of in movies is when the characters cuss every other word -again, HWaS. It's as if the producers of the movie had run out of ideas for what the characters should say and decided that, in order to make the movie longer, "why not fill in empty segments where no one talks for a while, with profanity! It's much better than way!" Again, a little doesn't bother me, it's just when it's overdone that I get tired of it.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good points, all of it. Especially the one about the Hobo in World War Z ;)

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Got this in the mail today and

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[​IMG]

Eh what i ment to say way i got Ghost in the shell= Solid state society today and bloody hell it was great, it was everything i could have wanted for the Stand alone complex film.

[​IMG]

And hopefully in the next few days i will have an update on what i thought about the iffy looking

[​IMG]

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Snowpiercer - pretty awesome post-apocalyptic film (it's a Korean production, but mostly in English), based on a French graphic novel. Overall brilliantly done and it revolves around a very nice political analogy. I would recommend this film anyway, but I think I'll leave a double recommendation for yous due to the setting of the movie.

6. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Magic Mike..... because of reasons

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Elysium. I though it was a good movie. It takes place on a dystopian earth and everyone lives in slums -except for those who live on Elysium. There is also this cool bounty hunter guy who looks like Chuck Norris....and a hobo.

8. TotalAaron

+1 for snowpiercer great film

On GITS arise 3 now and its ehh

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Stalingrad - Really old movie, focused on three German soldiers in Russia, fighting against the Sovjet. Pretty good.

Snowpiercer - The world is in another ice-age because scientists launched a chemical that was supposed to make the average temperature cooler, to prevent the global warming. It backfired and turned out much more powerful than they believed. A man had buildt a trian-line with one long train that travelled around the world, and the only people that survived the start of the ice-age, are on this ever-driving train. The further forward in the train, the richer are the people. The ones in the tail-section start a rebellion, and that's what the whole movie is about. It's pretty fuc*ed up, and it wasn't really that good :lol:

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

:tsk:

11. TheDarknessEnvelops

Rush-a movie about niki lauda and james hunt, really good and does a really good job of filming it as if it was filmed in the 70's but with a modern twist. There you go, nuclear, it can be done :D

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I must watch this movie 0-o

13. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

Man, that guy, Kruger, was just...
    So.
    Bad.
    Ass.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Anyway, I recently watched The Beast of War, for about the hundredth time. Freakin' love that film.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just watched The Blues Brothers, produced in 1980.
    Professionally, I can't rank this movie 10/10, but personally, I'll rank it 11/10. Professionally, 9/10.

I can't believe I haven't seen this movie before, it is AMAZING! Hahaha, SO many scenes in this movie that I just absolutely loved, and I laughed my ass off sooo many times even though I was watching it all alone on my PC. Definitely worth the while. I'm so glad I watched this movie.

I'm guessing most of you have probably seen it, but either way: Basically it's about a guy coming out of jail and meets his brother. They used to play in a band many years ago before it split up, and now they're going to bring it together again so they can pay the money for some church-place to stay open. Sounds weird, but it's truly amazing. On their journey, they make several "enemies" who tries to hunt them down all the way. Police, country-cowboys, modern nazis, and last but not least Princess Leia :lol:

15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Yes, he was :D

Blues brothers:
    "what can I get you"
    "I'll have some white bread."
    "you want some jam with that?"
    "No mam, just plain"

Lady rolls eyes

"And, you, what can I get for you?"
    "Four fried chickens, and a coke."
    "Chicken wings or chicken legs?"
    "Four fried chickens, and a coke."

Lady goes to the back and tells the cook:
    "These two guys come in and one of them order plain-white-bread! And the other wants four, whole, fried chickens, and a coke!"

hahaha, it’s a good movie. :D

Or the part where they play the same song over and over at that bar and they think they get free drinks because they're the band, and the owner is all like "Nahh, nawwh.....nahhhh nahhhh nah" XD

Don't watch the second one though -blues brothers 2000. It completely ruined the blues brothers because, the guy who plays Elwood's brother, Jake (john belushi), died during the production of the movie -or before- and they had to find a new guy to replace him. It's not the same and it sucks. And there is also a stupid little kid in it -_-

*This forum is acting weird again

#635 NuclearWastE3, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  16. TheDarknessEnvelops

watched rush again, realised how depressing and uplifting it is

17. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Just rewatching Lone Survivor right now, and I realise that they could just have taken the taliban goat herders with them to the mountain top and called for extraction. I don't see why they could not do that, although I guess it is explained in the book. The SEALs would probably have done it if it was an option, but since I can not see the reason for that in the movie, I'm just super frustrated as to why they don't just bring them with them. Grrrr :rant:

18. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I watched FDR: American BaddAss, and I really liked it. It's one of those cheesy modern movies. I watched it at my friends house and we just kept cracking up. Then again, I have a poor sense of humor.

Silent Hill Revelations: It was weird...Silent Hill weird (0-0) but I still liked it.

19. TotalAaron

Wow i need to stop watching this garbage

[YOUTUBE]53DQ4rpAlQc[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]pyaqFi4a8Es[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]goqUt_GJ_aU[/YOUTUBE]

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

If there's one type of movie I hate more than "Kill Bill", it's that ^

I watched Interstellar on cinema on Friday, and DAAAAAAMN this has got to be the best movie I have ever watched on cinema! Go watch it, go watch it, go watch it!

I love Stargate, and this movie had many similar scientific theories and stuff about space... and stuff.. just like Stargate does. This movie was like a confirmation of Stargate's awesome realistic theories, and I just loved it. It lasts three hours, so it has a strong story with a lot of depth, and it's a good side-move from all those rediculously violent movies. This movie was great, and definitely worth a watch.

With my recent strictness in movie-rating, I'm still giving this movie a 10/10, despite how mind-boggling and disturbing it was. The ending was a bit strange, but it really did complete the whole movie. What I loved is that it ended like there could be made a sequel, which I'm really hoping there'll be. Despite that, it's still great on its own without a sequel. 10/10!