Quantcast

The healers in town should serve greater purpose

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by shadowsupernature, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

What's the actual point for having Healers in towns? For when you repair to regen your health? Not only there is no use of them in their current state, but they are also too far from the waypoints and the artisans where we usually repair.

I was thinking about some sort of buffs. Like HP regen, resistance or other toughness buffs you get when speaking with them. Or what about special crafting mats you can buy from them which you can use to craft a specific potion with the new Kanai cube? Or maybe unique bounty-like quests they give you and when you complete them you get a buff or these mats.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Buffs would be interesting. They'd have to be careful not to make it a chore though (imagine you had to run to the healer every 7 mins).

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

While I like this idea, I think that maybe it could have some restrictions, for example, the buff shouldn't work for greater rifts unless it last the full run. My reason for this is that the loading screen doesn't goes as fast for every one, which would be a disadvantage.

1. I would like if the healers were closer to the portal or the repair npcs.

2. They could make the healers heal all the characters in town.

3. Remove the healer and heal the character when repair.

4. In greater rifts let us repair and heal with a button available when we are asked to resurrect. It could cost 5 secs extra of waiting, if needed, and the gold cost of the repair. Players that are at the point in which they need to repair already have some resurrection penalty, it is really needed the extra penalty of make them go to town (with the time that takes to load the screen), repair, then go to the healer and go back to the greater rift?

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Buffs are definitely not needed.

Just remove the healer entirely and give us a global boost to Health Regen while in towns. Something sort of like 'The Well' in Moba games.

Two birds with one stone in my opinion, we can remove a rarely accessed NPC, reduce clutter in towns / mini maps and quicken the speed at which you can get back to hacking and slashing monsters.