Quantcast

The Division Will Be Playable Solo

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Cyborg Superman, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

During an interview with lazygamer.net, the Division Community Developer Hamish Bode confirm that you can in fact play The Division alone. It sounds like it won't be easy, and the game is definitely still about PvP and such, but it sounds like it'll be possible to go at it alone. This is great news!

2. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, this is pretty awesome news. It'll at least give you a chance to play if you're getting it for PS4 and the PSN is down for whatever reason.

3. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Great! Good for my choppy internet

4. Cyborg Superman

To clarify, I'm pretty sure you need to still be connected online, but the game will be playable solo; you don't need to team up in order to enjoy and succeed while playing it. So for people who don't want to group, you can go at it as a lone wolf!

5. Celerian

Ah... :(

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Woah, what?
    I thought it wouldn't be feasible, but at least it says that it won't be easy.
    Well that's interesting anyways, thanks for sharing. :D

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  7. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Oh, it kinda sucks that you still need to be connected to the game. I really hope this online only thing pays off for Ubisoft. Destiny did very well, but MAG was also online only and it did poorly.

8. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Great news! My internet connection can be pretty unstable sometimes so multiplayer gaming will probably screw me up real bad. Plus I enjoy playing alone more than playing with other players. You get to focus to things you want to focus on without having to be worried or annoyed by other players.

9. Celerian

Sucks you have to be connected :/

10. Cyborg Superman

To clarify (again, lol) this does NOT mean you will be able to play offline, it means that grouping with other people will not be mandatory in order to experience the game, meaning that you can go through the Division solo. You'll still need to be connected to the internet in order to play as it is an MMO.

11. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

While it does suck that connectivity is an issue, I guess it's nice that the missions can be done solo. Originally I'd assumed it meant offline play, but I guess not. I wish you could, but the option to solo missions is good

12. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Ah, my bad. Wishful thinking had me hoping that we could somehow play it offline and it'd still be recorded to the server's database. That'd be kind of revolutionary wouldn't it? It'd probably make the game prone to hacks, but helpful to players like me nonetheless. Oh well, I guess I should probably group with people afterall because I'll need someone to protect me when/if I lag. Good lord, I'll be such a hassle [​IMG]

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Good to hear! I was actually curious about it, I'm sure it's gonna be pretty hard to play solo! :D

14. Cyborg Superman

Yeah, the Community Developer was saying in the interview that you'll need to become a Jack-of-all-Trades if you'll want to solo. The fact that you can is a bit shocking to me since I was sure there were areas that would be grouping only (which is standard for current MMOs).

I guess I'm curious at this point to see if there will be raids or specific group missions or will it always be a free-for-all?

15. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

That's great. It's not a huge deal for me either way, but I can definitely say playing solo would be much more enjoyable for me.

16. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

This was the news I was waiting for. I know that these sorts of games will always have a heavy PVP emphasis but for players like myself, the option to play single player is a vital requirement. The increased difficulty of single player mode is another added bonus, the more challenging a game is, the more I will enjoy it personally.

17. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

I think this news is great for the single-player lovers, but the people who buy the game for the multiplayer aspect will care less. Playing this game solo would be akin to finishing an MMO alone. There are countless players who decide and enjoy playing multiplayer experiences this way, but personally I think they'll miss out on a lot of content and experiences that can only be shared between another player.

Also, going PvP or PvE solo sounds like a challenging task. Some "boss battles" are difficult with a well-coordinated team, so I can imagine the struggle a solo player would face. And even if they implemented 1v1 PvP matches, I can imagine a stale gunfight that turns into a game of camping and hide-and-seek. Still, if people want to play the Division alone, all the power to them.