Quantcast

The Division Vs. Rainbow Six Siege

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 3, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Now, these are two completely different games. One is an RPG shooter with MMO elements, and the other is a strategy-based FPS with attack and defend focuses. They're both Tom Clancy games, though. Which one do you think is going to be the better game? I have my money on Siege, though I'm excited for Division, too.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Not sure what to say but I think The Division is going to overcome Siege in the long run. If the launch is also issue-free then there's no doubt for me that The Division is going to be the better one.

3. Amazon XD

Amazon XD Member

That's tough. Division has the Tom Clancy name, and Siege has the Rainbow Six legacy. I think Division will win the console market, and Siege will win over the PC crowd. Honestly though, they're two different games.

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, this is probably what will happen. I can see a lot of PC players being disappointed with the Division though.

5. FuZyOn

Hmm, why would you say the PC gamers will be disappointed with The Division? I plan on buying it for this platform as well, are there any hidden no-nos?

6. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

To me, it has more of a "console, controller-in-your-hands, sitting on the couch" type of feel. The 3rd person view really lends itself to a controller control scheme.

Siege, on the other hand, being an FPS will cater to the mouse-and-keyboard crowd, therefore should be more popular on the PC. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

7. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

The Division has the potential to be better. Honestly I would pick division over siege right now.

8. FuZyOn

Well, I can always use a controller on my PC if that's really the case, although I get where you're coming from. Laying down on the couch while playing on a big screen seems more appealing.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I like both of them a lot and I was able to actually try the latest Rainbow Six thanks to the beta. So they both look pretty good. The only factor here for me then is: which one of those two will I enjoy for the longest time. I see The Division as a game that I'd play for much longer than Siege, because of the open world and the larger quantity of content and possibilities inside it. That, and I like games with a third person perspective more. In short, for me The Division is the winner here.

10. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, this is kinda what it boils down to. third person games always seem just a little bit harder to get into using a keyboard and mouse. I prefer sitting on a comfy couch for that haha

11. Ishmael

Hey, it's not like you can't play on a PC using a joypad and sitting on a sofa. :p You can do that like with any other platform.

12. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

Well it's like comparing apples and oranges but I think in terms of sales, Rainbow Six would probably have more since it's pretty much well established and the fan base is there. As for the games themselves, well, I think strategy will be involved on both games in a way so I think it would be a question of execution, what game does it better than the other.

13. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

I think the question here is what game would you play the most. Both games, I think, are great so far and since I'm a huge Rainbow Six fan I might be a little bit biased, but the fact that I've played the beta (of RS) I'm pretty sure that the game would be good.

As for The Division, well I'm not so sure how this one would perform in terms of gameplay and entertainment factor but I think Rainbow Six would be a lot of more involved and well executed since it's not as complex as The Division in terms of the overall idea.

14. Ishmael

Man, I hope Rainbow Six Siege will be successful, because I want a good player base to play against. :D

15. Cyborg Superman

Well, it seems like The Siege closed beta got extended again, so it's not necessarily doing so much better than The Division. I still think that it's possible to enjoy both and we shouldn't really compare the two, but that's just me.

16. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

Its good that the closed beta got extended, it shows that developers are willing to be flexible with their plans in order to deal with the challenges that confront them. Its true theres little really in common between the two games but its an indication at least that The Division will receive the same benefits from a similarly flexible attitude by the developers.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  17. Cyborg Superman

You're right, so many times a game being delayed ends up with a lot of backlash from fans, but I'm of the same mind as you are. It's better to delay and release a solid products than rush to market and end up with a disaster launch.

18. Ishmael

Yes it's good that they're extending the beta for Siege. But that means that they need more time to test the game because there are still some problems especially on the server side. Siege runs really well performance wise but the matchmaking sometimes messes up, and servers could be better. The Division will probably need that too, testing I mean, since it's an MMO.

19. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I think The Division has an edge in this simply because there aren't any previous games in the franchise to compare it to. Even if Rainbow Six turned out to be the better of the two, it will be judged more harshly by long-time fans of the series.

20. Cyborg Superman

That's a good point regarding Rainbow Six, but if there's one thing I've learned, is that people love comparing things, even if there's no evident link, or the link is a stretch (see: this thread, lol). I've never been a hardcore fan of the Rainbow Six series, or any of the Clancy games to be honest, so to me the main thing will be "is it any fun?". That's all I really care about. :)