Quantcast

The Division Emotes

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Cyborg Superman, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Reports online have been coming in pretty steady for this game in the last few weeks, slowly building up hype, and the latest one is the emotes that will be available in the game.

The Division emotes (six, so far) are salute, surrender, help, applaud, wave, and the jumping jack.

(no dancing emote! This is a glaring omission if you ask me ;)).

According to people who've played the beta, you can perform these emotes to anyone in game (they won't just appear to players in your group, for example).

Are you happy with these emotes or do you generally not bother with emoting in an MMO? Other than dancing, what else should they include?

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Jumping jacks looks as funny looking as a dance emote, at least. I mean it makes sense why they didn't put a dancing emote in: dancing in the middle of this supposedly mature and depressing post-apocalyptic game wouldn't make much sense and would break the immersion.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  3. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

They could dance Michael Jackson's thriller to warm things up a bit. Okay no. :p I think this is a nice add-on to the game and it lifts some of the seriousness that comes after shooting everyone for hours. :) Some other funny emotes could be clapping and blowing kisses to the opponents, that would be simply hilarious in this kind of game. Hopefully they include more to make the game experience more enjoyable.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with you... but then again, that's exactly what would be hilarious about it. It's like, "oh no, the world is ending"... "time to boogie down!"

Yes, we need to petition Ubisoft to add the moonwalk in their emote options.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

If they implemented jumping jacks I'm pretty sure they're gonna add a dancing emote, haha! These seem pretty cool, it will make the game more immersive.

6. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member Regular

Jumping jack emotes are amazing! I love the whole MMORPG aspect that they're giving The Division. It seems to be very fresh to me. Can't wait for the game to come out!