Quantcast

The Division beta

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 2, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Xbox first?! Being a PS4 owner, I call shenanigans on that. Pure shenanigans.

Still, that's cool. I like that betas are available on all systems now, and not just PC. It makes sense - if there's anything releases of games like, say, Arkham Knight have taught us, it's that versions on different systems will almost certainly not work equally well when they're released.

3. FuZyOn

Maybe there are some problems with the PS4 and that's why they're delaying the beta on there, but who knows. You pre-ordered the game yet? I'm on the fence but I think I'm gonna wait.

4. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

The Division has always looked awesome and I've been wanting to try it ever since I saw the demo at E3. I have a PS4 so I guess I'll have to wait a while before trying it. Still, I hope it's an excellent and they do everything they promised, or at least the big promises.

5. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

My guess is that Microsoft gave Ubisoft a few coins to ensure that the Xbox One gets first crack at the beta. These things are rarely anything other than financial incentive, as Sony and Microsoft fight for top spot in the console war. I don't know if this will actually sway anyone to go Xbox instead of PlayStation, but I'm guessing that's the hope.

I haven't pre-ordered the game yet, and I'm less interested in the beta. I'm more inclined to play the actual finished game once it's released.

6. FuZyOn

That could be a possibility as well. Both companies get something out of it but I'm not really sure how that's going to work in the long run. PS4 users might be really, really annoyed by this .

7. Cyborg Superman

True they might get annoy and clamour for fairness, but I find that this kind of uproar quickly subsides if the game is actually fun.

Whatever slight you felt the company made against you by picking the system you don't own kind of goes away when you realize that "boycotting" a really fun game just ends up hurting yourself! It pretty much becomes a moot point once the game is released for everyone. :)

8. FuZyOn

Yeah, there will always be a circlejerk running around for everything so I guess that's to be expected. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft have a lot of skilled marketing researchers to make sure things are under control, so this might not be a bad move after all.

9. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

It's meh. aha.

10. Cyborg Superman

Have you played it? Most feedback I've read online from people playing it at cons is that the game was fun, even if the playtime and area was restricted. Until there's an actual beta released to the general public, we will have to wait and see.

11. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Kinda dumb they're releasing the beta first on Xbox One. I also hate it when they say "early 2016". Man, at this point that could be the date when the game releases. Really silly.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Well, they did say that the game was coming out at march or something. So you're not even wrong. lol

Is it though? I'd like more details, please!

13. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Jesus, how in the hell did I miss this?
    Oh well, it's not like I stand a chance anyway. I am so not going to preorder the game just so I can play the beta. Too much $$$ at risk. I hope it's good though.

I, too, want details.

14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

That's a cool feature of pre ordering. I'll be looking for reviews.

15. Cyborg Superman

Well, I imagine that Microsoft gave them a few coins to get the exclusive beta for a while. It's just the way it goes, and a way for the game to get financed/be profitable. In terms of the "early 2016", the game has been delayed already so they're giving themselves some wiggle room.

16. d'arakh

Unfortunately, that's how it works in modern gaming world and it's a real shame. Newest Tomb Raider also has a release like that where I think the game is already out for Xbox One, but you'll have to wait a year or so for a PS4 edition, so I guess we're lucky with The Division compared to other possibilities. Man, I'd be really pissed if they made the game Xbox One exclusive.

17. FuZyOn

That sounds pretty crappy but I guess who pays extra has the upperhand. It's an interesting marketing scheme though, since most people only have one of the consoles so even though Tomb Raider is out for XBONE first the ones with a PS4 won't spend money on a new console just to play a game.

18. d'arakh

Depends. Microsoft obviously noticed they are losing ground in this "console war" and I honestly can say that from my standpoint it looks like it's so because of the great exclusives PS4 has. Therefore, I think Microsoft decided to pull this "first on Xbox One then on PS4" half-exclusive sort of deal to try to sway both the developers and their audience. I just hope they pull the same thing with The Division since it's been delayed so much and I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

19. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Unfortunately the newest Tomb Raider sold poorly so I think people are probably waiting for it on PS4 since the majority of people have that console anyways. Their plan didn't work very well.
    Beta exclusives like the one Ubisoft has for The Division are not really a deal breaker, it's not like people are going to buy a console for just a beta, but it's an incentive to be happy to have an Xbox One for those who already have it I think.

20. Cyborg Superman

Looking at the stats for November 2015, Xbox One isn't that far behind (in North America) to the PS4, so they're a lot closer in sales than what many people think. I don't think Sony is crushing Microsoft by any stretch of the imagination, it's pretty much neck-in-neck, which is what it's always been and what will most likely be the case for a long time.