The Dark Ones

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

What are they? I heard that all the creatures are mutated animals and possibly humans, but what about the dark ones? Are they aliens?

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

they are mutants "humans" survived and advanced,the radation cannot hurt them they can breath normally but they are so advanced that when they try to contact with a human "sapiens" the humans brain cannot stand that level of "τιλεπαθετισμος"<--greek word i just dont know how to spell it" tilepathetism and it concludes to:the human has nightmares so powerfull that they go crazy
    somehow Artyom was seeing those nightmares but his brain and soul are so powerfull that he did not go crazy
    Also some of those dreams was dreams showing the path like the one on the tower some sort of reality dreams
    soz if u cant understand what i say my english sux th =|

#2 Nod2033, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I don't understand, but I can asure you that it's not because of your grammar :p

4. farbros

farbros Member

i like the dark one's

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I hope they tell us more about the Dark Ones in Last Light.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Since this thread is about The Dark Ones, I think it's the appropriate place to post this: http://www.lastlightforum.com/group.php?groupid=3
    It is the link to a group I made on the day I joined this forum. Feel free to go there and start some discussions about the Dark Ones if you find them just as fascinating just as we do.

7. Nod2033

Regular

8. Nod2033

Regular

guys, there is a mission when Artyom is outside of the Metro, and he actually sees and hears some scenes that are from the old world.he hears some kids playing etc.. and if you actually look in red car you will see a dark one chilling, "sitting and moving his legs forward back"you know .. and when you look at him he stands up and runs back because you aim him with the gun. I dont know what is going on over there but maybe if you aim down and can go close to him no idea what gonna happen,btw when i saw that dark one sitting like that on that car i realize that they are not enemies,dun know why but the way he was sitting ,just found it pretty friendly! :)

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I didn't actually notice the Dark Ones outside visions in Dead City levels. It was not until I read about them that I realized I did see something move back there, at that car.

10. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Well, from what I remember from the book, you don't relly know anything about them, not even that they've been humans. It's just merley creatures that were intrested in the human race and wanted too help them, because they cannot face the mental threats some monsters use from the above.
    And that vision Artiom in that he had in the park are merley him trying imagine how it looked like before the blast.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good to know they don't tell you in the book. I've ordered the novel (still hasn't arrived though!:mad:) and I would like to still not know much about the Dark Ones.

12. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Damn, when the game starts from the bad ending, that means the dark ones will try to kill you. Hell, I liked them more when they was peaceful to the Artyom and now they going to slaughter us all :-(
    But.. I still like how they look :d

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Maybe they will continue to contact Atryom. Having witnessed the destruction that a few humans can cause, they might see that Artyom was the only one who didn't go crazy when they contacted him so they might think of him as their last hope to stop their extinction... unless they have an ace up their sleeve and plan to destroy us this time. :(

14. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

You guys talking about the book "metro 2034", or the game?? xD

15. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

We are talking about the Dark Ones and the ending in the book. Metro 2034 will start from the bad ending in Metro 2033.

PS: I can't wait to get my Metro: Last Light book!
    PS1 :D : Imma gonna read Metro 2033 book now :D

16. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've read the book once, played the game 5 times, and I'm still confused. I've started reading the book again, and the Dark ones seem to be bad! They scare the humans to hell, and they kill them (at least, I think they do). They make nosalises rampage. So are they good, or bad?

17. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

They are good to those that are good to them.
    In the early ending of Metro 2033, they actually tried to kill Artyom, because he was about to set the rockets and launch them against the Dark Ones.
    Also, in some halucination you can hear them say: We want peace.
    That mean's they want to be friendly but they look to scary so the humans shoot them... Dark ones are Homo Novus, next step in the evolution, they are resistant do Radioacitvity and other hell lo.ol

18. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, that's what I thought. But still, they send swarms of nosalises and rats around...

19. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

they don't send rats and nosalises around, do they?
    But I beileve that they'r good, but when people see them they shoot before thinking, and therefore the Dark Ones have to protect themselves.
    But they don't send swarms of other creatures at them, they just try to get into peoples head, and make them understand.

20. Nod2033

Regular

dark ones only contact with brain tilepathetism or however it is spelled humans tilepathetisms level is very low so he goes crazy :p