Tablets vs Mobiles

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by BattleAxe, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

With some phones going as large as 6,6' its hard to tell really which one is a tablet or a smartphone.

When at home I use my laptop which is pretty powerful and light much like MacBook Air series, though I don't move it much around. When in traffic my phablet takes it's place. It's that simple, don't really need a separate tablet for home use!

2. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

I definitely think tablets are better, even though phones are becoming more similar. But I think tablets have more features and they are typically larger so there is more room to do things. Tablets are really good for work as well, whereas I think mobiles are centered more for personal use.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't own a tablet, but I think I would prefer a tablet for the bigger screen, but I think the controls would still suck on both devices.

4. Pickicool

Pickicool Member

Bof... ... I think it's normal to say that this is the tablet wins. It is often that there is more powerful and the screen is big enough to play.

The phone used to play when, gal is bored. The screen is smaller, so it's a little more difficult to play on this platform.

There are big enough phones that can play in making the multi-task.
    Personally, each phériphérique its function, and I use my phone for calling and texting.

It makes sense.

So there is no one who is better than the other.

5. Weasel

Weasel Member

I like mobiles, easy to carry and the new ones have pretty big screens. Yes, tablets have huge screens but they are very hard to carry around also pretty useless for only home use if you ask me, I'd rather use a laptop or just PC if I was at home.

6. Zerth

Zerth Member

Well it depends on what mobile phone you have, if it's a big one, then it should be good.
    But I prefer tablets, they are bigger, better graphics and easier to play things on.

7. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

I would choose a tablet as it is more powerful. I have my phone primarily to talk and text. Tablets are used for videos and games for me.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Surely a tablet is a better option for gaming but really they are pretty cumbersome as opposed to mobiles. I would personally rather have a mobile if I had to choose just one.

9. erronousRogue

erronousRogue Active Member

Neither, if I'm honest. Even with the most prestigious quad core hardware and an amazing GPU, tablet/smartphone gaming is cheap at its core. The most "real" games you can find are probably ports of existing ones, and since they have to be designed for small screens and touchscreen input, it's often to the detriment of the gameplay.

Take Magicka for example. They made a "tablet" version of the game, it's by the same studio and all, but I just didn't enjoy it that much. The gameplay felt much more simplified, it didn't last nearly as long, and it wasn't as enjoyable as the original game on PC.

10. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Tablet, but neither are meant for or capable of quality gaming. Maybe in the near future we will see games that can be run on tablets (that are good and competitive with other systems).

11. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I don't know but I just don't see much difference between the 2 gadgets. They pretty much have the same features, but because smartphones are more portable then I give my vote to smartphones.

12. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I feel like there is TONS of difference here. Tablets have much more ability when it comes to raw power. They also offer a larger screen, which allows for much more to be done with them.

13. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

If it's solely for gaming it obviously going to be tablets. The one point that tablets have a larger screen already warrants a win over smartphones. Tablets are also more comfortable to use when playing a game, it's a thing where I can lay it on a table and comfortably play.

14. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Well comparing the physical appearance of the 2 gadgets is like comparing apples and oranges. Smartphones are all about portability while tablets are the solution for Android and IOS users who like bigger screens, so if we are going to compare the 2 then it should solely be about their features and not about their physical appearance. Are there any apps or programs that are exclusive for tablets?

15. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I agree gamign is much better on a tablet (faster bigger better) BUT smartphones are simply more practical. You can take your phone anywhere in your pocket and not worry about a thing. So it depends on the situation really.

16. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I prefer gaming on a phone versus playing on a tablet simply because an tanblet is to large for me to game comfortable.

17. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

if we are talking about cell phones as mobiles then I would have to say tablets. Better controls because of the spread out stuff.

18. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Gaming is better on a tablet than on a phone. I do not get big phones, so yeah I would rather be on a tablet. Phones are a little slow when it comes to game play and you can't play a lot of games on phones like you can on tablets.

19. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I prefer a good desktop PC for my gaming any day of the week but if I had no choice then I would go for the tablet. But still I have an Ipad2 and have never really played any games on it . Certainly not any RPGs.

20. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

If you ask me, tablets definitely.
    I own an iPad 3 which is way better than using my touchscreen mobile, since the iPad has a bigger screen and is much more better to type/control. The mobile is so small and hard to use, so I only use it for calling.