Tablets vs Mobiles

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by BattleAxe, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

What do you prefer for gaming?

I think it's easier to control games on tablets and they look and sometimes run better, but they are not ideal for carrying about with you which is why I prefer mobiles.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

If I was sitting in the house and I had a choice between them both I'd choose tablet as it's more immersive and some have better processing power. But out on the go, I'd opt for a mobile as they're a lot easier for traveling.

3. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, tablets can be a real pain to carry around. Most smartphones have 3G built in, but a lot of the older tablets have to rely on a wifi connection which is a bummer if you're playing online games.

4. Tyrion

Tyrion Member

Tablets because of screen size and raw power. Phones aren't the idea type of device to use when it comes to gaming. I don't mind some games, but it's not great for hardcore or even casual gamers. I've played a lot of phones and just never felt comfortable, but I have a Nook HD that is quite nice. May not have the power of say an iPad, but it works good enough for me.

5. Hook&Anchor

Hook&Anchor Active Member

Tablets are a bit too big for my hands. I don't have small hands, I just like feeling the control I have over my phone. It is nice and small and fits nicely in my palm.

6. JDreamer

JDreamer Member

I prefer using my tablet if I get the choice, but obviously there are times when I take my phone with me and I can't bring my tablet. The bigger screen is nice, and I find it runs smoother as well, but the size is still the nicest part. On a phone, the screen feels to small to ever choose one thing, so movements get jumbled and hard to control. On a tablet I get to focus on the game I'm playing, while on my phone I have to concentrate on carefully moving my fingers.

7. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

Depends on the type of game to be honest.

If it's a running type game such as Subway Surfer etc. which only requires swiping then I prefer playing it on my phone as it has a smaller screen and I can swipe more accurately.

But if it's any other game, a more major game such as GTA or such. Then I prefer to play it on tablet since obviously the controls are better spread out.

8. ozadin

ozadin Active Member

Tablet. I like to see the bigger picture in games, and want to have a similar experience to playing on the PC. It would take me a while to adjust to the screen size, but if I use it over and over again, I would eventually get used to it.

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd never use a tablet. When I'm at home I have a pc. And when I'm moving around I'm certainly not going to be carrying a brick in my hand when I could just put a phone in my pocket.

10. sushiking89

sushiking89 Active Member

The tablet is good if you want a bigger screen but I still prefer mobile since it is smaller and lighter to carry around.

11. calebmelvern

calebmelvern Well-Known Member

I don't like tablets. In fact, I don't have one. I usually just stay at home and play in my PC. To me, tablets are just over-sized phones. I don't play games on tablets and mobiles often but to answer your question, I prefer playing on my phone.

12. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

Yeah, tablets are annoyingly big. I suppose that's ok for gaming, but i'd rather something hand held. Tablets in general annoy me too, for the reason that, as said above, they're like a brick.

13. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Mobiles just seem too small to me. Obviously I prefer consoles but I'll take a tablet over a mobile any day. I've tried out the ipads and they're acceptable..nothing fantastic though. I've played a few games on the Amazon Kindle HD and they weren't that much fun. I really enjoy the ninentdo 3ds for gaming on the go.

14. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I'm not into tablets personally. For serious gaming I use my laptop, tablets just seem to me like a bridge between your computer and your phone except you can't make calls using a tablet without looking funny.

15. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

To be honest I am not a big fan of gaming on nether, but if I had to choose I would go tablet just because I would rather play on a larger screen.

16. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Love the last part! It's just as bad when they try to take pictures with it. :D I almost burst out laughing at a museum when there was a group of maybe 30 people walking around with their tablets taking photos.

17. pxyc

pxyc Member

If I'm not playing on a PC, I'd prefer to play on a mobile phone than a tablet. Tablets just seem so clunky in my hands and uncomfortable, but a mobile phone (I have the Galaxy S4) can fit in my hand perfectly and depending on the game, I can play with just one hand.

18. ellegirl

ellegirl New Member

I prefer tablets over mobiles, easily. Tablets are infinitely better than mobile devices when it comes to gaming. The graphics are better, the sound is better, the loading pace is much faster, everything is better on a Tablet.

19. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

I definitely think that tablets are much better for gaming - the screen is bigger, graphics are usually better, and it's much easier to control the character you are playing with. I love gaming o my tablet, but of course it depends on the person.

20. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

My phone is 5.2" but I would still like a tablet at home. I love my phone out and about but yeh when I get money I would like to get a tablet like the new Google Nexus tablet.