Syria

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Teddy Picker, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

What do you think about the ongoing hostilities in Syria?

For the uninformed, Syria is currently embroiled in a civil war. It has claimed the lives of 20,000+ people with far more wounded. Hundreds of thousands of refugees have fled to Turkey.

Voice your opinions below.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Tbh, I don't know enough about it to have a balanced opinion. Let's just say that I'm sad about the conflict that is happening there, but I'm not taking sides and I'm quite skeptic towards them due to not knowing enough. I'm gonna have to learn more about it soon, as it's important to know what is happening around the world.

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Definitely keep an eye on it. The violence has often poured over into Turkey, and as Turkey is a member of NATO it could invoke Article 1 of the NATO charter, which states, "An attack against one NATO member is an attack against all of NATO."

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I sure do hope that it doesn't escalate to something like that. :( Anyway, thanks for the heads-up; I will read more about the conflict in Syria when I have the opportunity.

5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

“Nuke the entire site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure."

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

If you ask me that dictator should be taken down. Unlike the other dictators who have been taken down in that area, this one is educated and smart. This guy isn't some guy messed up in the head. He knows what he is doing and is okay with slaughtering his people just so he can continue his circle jerks and games of soggy waffle. If you ask me he should just be executed.

7. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

im with surefire shot him in the face hell send me over there so i can have the honor myself

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Guy im sorry but this guy deservis to die. He is worst than ghadafi but less powerful.

9. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

I am pro Syria, if you listen to Assad he does make sense, noting how much on the back foot the Syrian People are in fighting the Terrorists shows how little they want to hurt non-combatant Civilians, I find it sick how American Media portrays such one sided views on the conflict, noting their story's about Russian Supplying Gunships, but instead it was just a contact made before the Terrorism started being fulfilled.

we have also noted the use of Libyan Militia in the conflict, these are men that were part of the Racial Culling of the darker skinned people in Libya, And these very same people are being funded by American tax payers.

With Turkey being attacked, it is not confirmed at all that it was Syrian Troops, noting that most of the occurances were single mortar strikes on civilian targets suggest that it is a crew not targeting Strategic positions, most probable reason is Terrorists, the same ones seen on video's at boarder checkpoints executing boarder guards and killing civilians at these check points.

I hope if Turkey does try something, that Russia and China, whom have both Veto'ed Interference in Syria in the UN will step in and will do something, unlike the UN Peace keepers in Previous years (Noting The Serbs vs. Muslims, where they unarmed Serb forces, and passed on arms to the Muslim extremists in the region)

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I'm sort of split up on this subject, but I'd say I'm with the rebels. I mean, if it's what the people want (this is where I am not sure. Who are the people? Men? Women? Children? Ethnic minorities? At the moment it seems like a revolt for muslim men, more than something for everyone), it is what should happen. Simple as that.
    Anyway, I don't think it's a sniper job to take out Assad. It would take a massive assault on his position, not unlike the execution of Ghaddafi.

11. Wolve_NZ

Thats the problem, It isn't the people, but just one group of People, the Muslims. People like Assad are more or less Religiously Neutral, the only way to have some form of Stable foundation in the middle east.

From what ive seen, its more or less Extremists started it all, then allot of the youth also started running with the extremists, while the Government is getting the short end of the stick with bombings and having to deal with Lawless Bands of people, the people that are still 'Civilians' are just caught in the middle.

And it wouldnt take a massive assault, Syria is not a strong country, it would easily be taken by force in a matter of months, its military is lacking majorly. Same with Iran, a Country without much strength compared it its neighbors. But if it comes down to it, i would like to see Russia and China take a stand, enough is enough with the dodgy Under table funding of Extremists and One-sidedness from the UN

12. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I find it very interesting to follow the situation on CNN, Russia Today and Al-Jazeera. Propaganda vs. Propaganda, and the death tolls are so very different, depending on where you hear the story. It really puts into perspective how manipulative the media can be.

13. Shurfire

Because the media will side with which ever way makes its country look better. I hate it that American media doesn't like to show anything bloody or gory on the news. I'm pretty sure that a 3 year old isn't watching and if they are they can just say "Please move your children away from the TV". I what to see what is going on there not see like 2 people hiding behind a wall shooting 2 AK shots then running away. Doesn't matter anyway since the Rebels are going to win. Last time I checked there are more citizens willing to fight than the Syria army.

14. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am really bittered by seeing how most of the americans here on the forums are just like:"Yeezzz kill that bastard dictatorz!" . I mean, really? Can't you guys see how it really works?

As of today, i do NOT support the rebels, since they are very lacking on the ideology.
    They don't have any clear plan for the post-war Syria. They are just unhappy and trying to overthrow Assad. They just expressed a generical wish for "Democracy".

We all know how it went in Lybia. Oh, surely they now have "Democracy", but what's with all the armed bands that STILL are in de facto control of several areas?
    Who's going to take their weapons?

I surely know that Assad is a dictator.But this is not how you make things better. Religious extremists are getting in the way and spreading chaos on both sides. Civilians are found dead and the rebels claim it's been Assad's army and the Army claims it has been the rebels. If you think, who is going to take advantage of the chaos and consequent escalation of conflict? Religious extremists, and nobody else.

15. Shurfire

Whats funny is that in Syria there were peaceful protests like in Egypt. No one was shooting guns or causing riots. Then the second people spoke out against Assad he ordered martial law and started killing people. When you start shooting at people, people tend to shoot back.

16. Wolve_NZ

He didnt start killing people, the first shots were always on the Terrorists side. Watch the video's, in the 'peaceful protest' you saw the 'Civilians' with Heavy machineguns.

Nothing is wrong with Dictators, i personally think that having a dictator is better than going thought a new Primeminister or a president ever few years, as it allows for Development to keep on going, and not flip flop.

Now, I have spoken to Syrians, and they do say that Syria is a Hellhole, and the reason why they left is because of the Terrorists! Now, the problem is that all this funding keeps these terrorists going, while the Government cant do anything.

The best way to look at it is if it happend in your own country, a large portion of the population (~25%) started protesting while being armed in the streets of Major citys, now, the Police and Military will open fire on these lots because they are already in the streets armed, shooting at buildings, Civilians and the Government personal. Now, In America, if this happened, instantly we would see streets crowded with American Military personal, this has not happened in Syria due to the fact that the Government isnt imposing crap onto its people, just onto the terrorists.

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I really thinl that he should die but not in this way . We need a definite plan and to stip being idiots. It isobvious of what is happening . The final streches of democracy in the whole world. But as america had a plan when they fought for independence so should they.
    Thoughts?

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Also cpntrary to what people think muslims are not gettng. rights there!
    You see all the islamic npn extremost scholsrs are killed in the dark by this guy. So idiots can be made tp spead. The goal is to surpreas knowalge with lack of scholars and to let extremist take over. The man doing this is the dictator.
    But the rebels are just as uneducated and are falling into extremisim to allow this man to look as the right one. It is our duty to allow every1 to know the truth
    Edit sorry for misspellings.

#18 TheStalker, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  19. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Impressive! Cluelessness and idiocy at its finest. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

#19 cerberus, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  20. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I normaly dont agree with your rudness but for once you right. :eek:hwell: