Survarium

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the Steam version of the game broken to start-up?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It was for some, but I never had a problem with starting it up back when I used to play it - even though it did take a bit longer to update for the first time than the original non-Steam version did for me.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

So I haven't touched this game in months, but I have been checking the official website every now and then to try to keep an eye on the development process.

According to this, it looks like they are finally admitting that they can't deliver Freeplay in the next year (probably even longer) due to a lack of resources, so they are focusing entirely on the PvP aspect. Had they done this a long time ago - been more open about what they are actually working on at the given time and told their players that Freeplay is unrealistic for now instead of bulshitting us that it's coming as they have been for the past few years - this would have been great. Indeed, I'm glad they've made so much progress on the competitive aspect and some of the upcoming features they have in store for that (such as bots and more co-op stuff) sounds good, but this is only one lesser part of a game that has failed to deliver on its main marketing promises for 3 years now since the alpha started in 2013.

Since then the game has been running a premium shop, entered an international "open beta phase", had a full Steam release (only to be later placed into Early Access), and even saw a boxed retail release in Poland with a Polish version of the client, website and forum (yes, that's right, they sold something that can be downloaded for free from the website and justified it by adding in a bunch of codes for in-game money plus some other shit) only to later fuck the Polish audience over by completely ignoring it and the need for a better Polish translation of content delivered in updates. Meanwhile, it is still not an open world MMOFPS.

Maybe one day your game will truly live up to what you promised it will be like, VG. Maybe one day you will really stop lying to, censoring and alienating your players. But today is not this day. And until that day comes, you can go fuck yourselves. :)