Survarium

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Survarium is coming to Steam. Also, in the past few days the "Europe" server has filled up... only it's still mostly Russophones. :lol:

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Very neat. I hope this will let others, who've never heard of Stalker, become aware of its existence and try out the games -which will then generate a crazy wave of Stalker fans and, eventually, THQ will make Stalker 2 :D.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm not sure if the American servers are up, since in the in-game lobby I met plenty of confused Americans wondering why everyone was speaking Russian, but the Steam version of the game is officially up and running (at least for me, since some of my friends have had trouble with launching it). I've also put up a very basic review of the game in its current state on Steam. By the way, I didn't know this until recently, but it turns out that our very own Heavygunner is a moderator on the Survarium forums! :D Congratulations to him and it's good news (though he has been a moderator since 2013, so it's news only for me), as based on my personal experiences with some of the moderators - Survarium really needs good and friendly people like Heavygunner as mods... that is not to say that every other moderator on there is bad of course, but two or three of them are pricks which I can vouch for based on my interactions with them. :p

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Yep. HeavyGunner had mentioned his promotion to Survarium Moderator, a little over a year ago, in the count to 10,000 thread. :)
    Have they added any mutants, into the game, yet?

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Must have missed it. :)

Nope, it still play pretty much like a slower, slightly more realistic and atmospheric CoD. Apparently "Freeplay" is due later this year, so perhaps mutants will come with that. They have however added bleeding, medkits and bandages that work very similarly to how it was in Stalker (before it was just regenerating health, now it's much slower).

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

#87 Bamul, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Update 0.29 is finally live along with the long awaited North American servers for the game. All of the changes/additions sound great on paper except for the killcam. Here is a summary of what has been modified.

EDIT: I checked out the updated version and some things are objectively better (such as how item upgrading and customisation works), but at the same time it looks like the "graphics upgrade" has only made everything uglier and textures seem to load slower than before. On top of that I get more frequent frame rate drops. However, the new London map is brilliant as it is both visually and strategically different to all other maps.

#88 Bamul, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Rock Paper Shotgun are doing a giveaway of codes for one week of premium on Survarium and 10 000 silver. You can obtain one of these codes here (this one isn't just for new accounts but everyone), though be quick because there are only 3000 available. :)

10. All gone at the time of this post.

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I went ahead and got a key before it ended. You can have it, if you want, Komodo; since I currently can't play Survarium due to the game's lack of support for Windows XP :)

12. Thank you, I'll take it. Send me a PM.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Wow, those ran out faster than I thought they would. If you guys play the game every now and then, let me know what your nicknames are in-game (through PM or on Steam if you want) so I can add yous and we could team up sometime (already played with Autumnal Wanderer a few times and it was pretty fun). :)

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Check out this thread: https://eu.survarium.com/forum/eu-en/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9191

I hope Jim Sterling does a video on this, the content he puts out in episodes of the Jimquisition is great but more importantly it puts the spotlight on developers using shady business practices. In fact, it would be great if yous would contact him about it (I know I will). His videos help spread awareness about devs lying/censoring/scamming.

#94 Bamul, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  15. Missed your message. I don't play that often, but here is my steam account link.

16. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

[YOUTUBE]AswcTAbpoh4[/YOUTUBE]

Interesting read. I don't know what should I think about the game after this.

So, the dev diary. The weapon customization was shown like a year ago? I am playing it for years now, but it is become lesser and lesser fun as it is progressing. Back then, there wasn't running and gunning at all. It has more tactical even survival feeling when you sneaked through the map until you got shot. And you started this again. Just came into my mind that more than a year ago they teased us on their forums that soon the night maps, nightvisions and sound supressed weapons are coming. The silenced weapons checked, other things...not really. I don't expect to play the Freeplay mode anytime soon.

#96 Autumnal Wanderer, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, it's a real shame because there is great potential and the stuff that's already there is completely functional and could be much more engrossing if Freeplay was finally given to us... but with all these delays and shady community management, I don't know anymore. I mean, it's not all that different from the development of the original Stalker, however the F2P model and premium store make this even more shady. :eek:hwell:

18. Autumnal Wanderer

Yeah, they have a great sound and artistic degsin. These updates seems to be that they chaseing their tail over and over again, and the actual development don't really moving forward at all. I don't have problem with the premium store, because they need some sort of income after all. I am started to play in early 2013 and does not evolved too much since then, heck some other games evolve much more. They constantly re-degsining stuff which were good beforehand, and adding some new weapons and stuff and few maps. It seems that they have no idea what they want exactly, the whole thing looks a bit messy and unprofessional. It is a big shame, because they are the only one who offering post apocalyptic multiplayer FPS. One thing for sure, this is far from MMOFPS...

19. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Free Play was the biggest draw for me. Shame to see development falling apart, sadly looks like they might just be trying to make what money they can in the meantime before things fall apart. (though I hope this isn't the case)

20. Autumnal Wanderer

[YOUTUBE]4BCM1y-Jd7I[/YOUTUBE]

There is a chance that they are still working on the Free-play mode. To be honest, they need that game mode badly now. Everyone waiting for that.